Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 03:31 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

I found the exhaust button completely useless. When I order my T, I would much rather have a customizable button.
The following users liked this post:
rokkerkory (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 04:04 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,563 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by avid
@Macboy @toph4242 man, this pictures are making me give yellow a second look over green. The checkered inserts look great in black. I thought they might be the gray/black ones that look more plain. What to do, what to do...
Yellow Yellow Yellow Lol.... Yellow and paint your calipers yellow and go stealth black wrap on the exterior. that would be my vote for yours
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
201PRO (03-04-2023), Wilder (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Yellow Yellow Yellow Lol.... Yellow and paint your calipers yellow and go stealth black wrap on the exterior. that would be my vote for yours
I won't say my changes are final but I did change the interior from lizard green T package to leather with SPEED yellow stitching and added the leather steering column option. I think speed will look much better than racing. While I was in there, I deleted RAS again.
HerrDr (03-05-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 04:33 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Stespa
Having a 992 GTS in base white with black matte details (front lip, side skirt, rear bumper and sport exhaust) plus exclusive taillights it is easy for me to agree with your color choice. You can find some pictures here white 992 GTS photo album I think base white suits the T proposition as it looks really sporty. Enjoy it!
I've seen pictures of your white GTS, and it is beautiful. Do you have the black matrix headlights?
Old 03-04-2023, 04:47 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
I found the exhaust button completely useless. When I order my T, I would much rather have a customizable button.
But it's so kewl having exhaust tips on a button!
The following 3 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
Ikone (03-04-2023), Macboy (03-04-2023), timothymoffat (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 05:07 PM
Stespa
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot
I've seen pictures of your white GTS, and it is beautiful. Do you have the black matrix headlights?
Thanks! Yes I do have black matrix headlight
Old 03-04-2023, 05:08 PM
Edward911
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 97 Posts

@Macboy is MVP of this thread! The details on that car are amazing. The deviated stitching (in the US) is $3650 USD, and it looks amazing. UGH, if only Bose could become an option on the 992 T, I could deselect Burmester and free up the budget for deviated stitching in Speed Blue to match my Shark Blue exterior.

I am spec'ing FAL, so I'm happy that the PSE button will be there.

Originally Posted by lmmo
The price differences are mostly related with taxes, and you will need to pay taxes when registering in your own country. You can get some savings, but nothing spectacular.
I wonder about the warranty, in that case? Does Porsche AG honor warranties across EU regardless of which Porsche Centrum / OPC you purchase from? In the US, I am fairly confident that PCNA would deny anyone with a non-US car trying to make a warranty claim.
The following 2 users liked this post by Edward911:
Macboy (03-04-2023), Patriot (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 05:19 PM
201PRO

Received 129 Likes on 26 Posts

That's basically my plan! (Well Jet Black Metallic with Matte PPF)

Not sure on painting the Calipers yellow just yet as it might clash the "T" Titanium Grey color.

Build: PPES8RT9

toph4242 (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 05:46 PM
lmmo
Advanced

Received 216 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward911
@Macboy is MVP of this thread! The details on that car are amazing. The deviated stitching (in the US) is $3650 USD, and it looks amazing. UGH, if only Bose could become an option on the 992 T, I could deselect Burmester and free up the budget for deviated stitching in Speed Blue to match my Shark Blue exterior.

I am spec'ing FAL, so I'm happy that the PSE button will be there.

I wonder about the warranty, in that case? Does Porsche AG honor warranties across EU regardless of which Porsche Centrum / OPC you purchase from? In the US, I am fairly confident that PCNA would deny anyone with a non-US car trying to make a warranty claim.
No issues with that in Europe.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:44 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Guys...I know this is a Carrera T thread, but really struggling if I should go with a T vs. a 718 GTS 4.0. On one hand the N/A engine is very appealing, the other is obviously a 911. To save y'all from a new comparison thread, anyone here with the same internal debate?

I know the classic response of if you want a canyon carver do 718 GTS and T being more of a grand tourer. Just looking for a healthy discussion and one's though process.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 285 Posts

@Macboy Are those the standard Titanium wheels on the Yellow T? Impressions of them in person? Too dark, too light, or just right for T trim bits?
201PRO (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 06:53 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Guys...I know this is a Carrera T thread, but really struggling if I should go with a T vs. a 718 GTS 4.0. On one hand the N/A engine is very appealing, the other is obviously a 911. To save y'all from a new comparison thread, anyone here with the same internal debate?

I know the classic response of if you want a canyon carver do 718 GTS and T being more of a grand tourer. Just looking for a healthy discussion and one's though process.
For me, it was between a 981 GT4 or a 991.2T. I could walk you through my extensive thought process but I'll save you the trouble and summarize it for you: it came down to "do I want a rear-bias 911 or do I want a mid engine Porsche?" As incredible of a car as the Cayman is, it will never be a 911 and that's what I want.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wilder:
Edward911 (03-04-2023), IPA1 (03-04-2023), Macboy (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 07:07 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts @avid ! I guess I should have have added some additional context...I have a 718 GT4 and a PDK Targa. My reasoning for adding:

718 GTS Boxster - full convertible experience and a much more roadtrip friendly ride with that glorious N/A
992 T - One thing I miss on the 911 is the manual transmission, the Targa serves a particular purpose as a true grand tourer. Also allows my family who do not drive manual to enjoy. The T, is 100% for me and more focused on the driving experience

So alas, not a straight cut decision as wanting mid vs. rear engine experience. Also some may ask why stick with Porsche? Because I love their vehicles and it makes me happy
Macboy (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 07:13 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Thanks for your thoughts @avid ! I guess I should have have added some additional context...I have a 718 GT4 and a PDK Targa. My reasoning for adding:

718 GTS Boxster - full convertible experience and a much more roadtrip friendly ride with that glorious N/A
992 T - One thing I miss on the 911 is the manual transmission, the Targa serves a particular purpose as a true grand tourer. Also allows my family who do not drive manual to enjoy. The T, is 100% for me and more focused on the driving experience

So alas, not a straight cut decision as wanting mid vs. rear engine experience. Also some may ask why stick with Porsche? Because I love their vehicles and it makes me happy
Tougher call in that case. I would give serious thought to how you're going to use the car and the climate where you live. I'm searching for a 987.2 Spyder so that should tell you where I stand on those cars, but only in addition to a 911. Why do you feel you need another car? Is it just that you share the others and this one is for you only? Do you track the GT4? How often do you use the Targa?
Old 03-04-2023, 07:17 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,278 Likes on 729 Posts

Thanks for the attention to detail, capturing all angles etc...
I just thought of an important detail that I completely missed: if the steering column is electrical or mechanical. Shooot. Pretty important for me actually as my wife has a different memory position for steering wheel and seats.

Originally Posted by shane_b
Absolutely stunning! I am glad I opted for the sport front and rear, but equally pleased I also went with the exclusive design rear lights; with mine being GR I almost decided against it but I do think all the grey shades compliment the GR really nicely! The deviated stitching looks amazing... hope it looks as good in GR! :-) Getting really excited now.
I can’t wait for my GR to arrive as well. Man should be here last week originally. I have it with black stitching so chose not to pop it all out on the interior. But I have that backside of the seats to compensate for it. Will be curious to see our differences.

Originally Posted by bobert75
Added it to my build since the T has "911" on the headrests. I was amused that it cost $340 to add one crest/shield/weapon to the center console lid while on other 911 models it's just $290 to add two of them (one to each front seat headrest).
Its pretty cheap actually for Porsche standards. As well as the colored seatbelts. And understand you about the colored tacho. It’s not everyone’s style I get that.

Originally Posted by avid
man, these pictures are making me give yellow a second look over green. The checkered inserts look great in black. I thought they might be the gray/black ones that look more plain. What to do, what to do...
I just want to say that seeing the car in real life was UNBELIEVABLE ! Cannot compare this with viewing the pictures. Both inside and out.

Originally Posted by Ikone
Well if you put it like that I must admit I can only agree with you. Did we all made this fuss for nothing if you come to think of it like that? Still let me have my button. To be honest I have never ever used it in my 4S because of using the sport button on the steering wheel. Can’t stop thinking myself being a fool for this actually

Originally Posted by Patriot
Are those the standard Titanium wheels on the Yellow T? Impressions of them in person? Too dark, too light, or just right for T trim bits?
Yes these are the standard ones in standard 992 T color. They are just perfect to me in real life. I cannot explain how much I like ‘em! Impressed by all the agathe grey details. Also the engine compartment lid slat inlays although it’s hard to see. The match with the titanium wheels is just perfect.

A 992 T only special these. Usually only black or in color of the exterior. Never like this with it’s own deviated color!

Last edited by Macboy; 03-04-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club