Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 08:32 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,009 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
If you want to experience RAS, I suggest you sign up for one of the Porsche track courses. I did up to the Masters level, and when I took the course at Mosport they had us use Carrera T,'s S and 4S fo earlier courses in a smaller driver development track, and then we added GT3 and Turbo S on the main GT track. On the smaller driver development track I did not notice much of a difference with RAS, but on the larger track, with all its elevation changes and blind corners and drops, with RAS you can carry more speed through a turn and are faster. As for pants feel and knowing when you are losing the back end at the limit, once you hit that limit RAS is irrelevant and did not feel like it intruded.

I highly recommend you all do the Porsche driver development courses, they provide the cars and you get to try them all out on a track with first class instructors (one of mine was the current GT Cup Champion).
Here is a link for the course :
https://trackexperience.porscheexperience.ca

The track at Mosport is highly technical and challenging, it was the site of the former F1 Canadian GP, if any of you have a chance to try it out I highly recommend it.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ional-raceway/
I’m not allowed back in Canada.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cartod:
bobert75 (03-03-2023), toph4242 (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 08:41 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by avid
EXACTLY. Grateful that the spirit of RL is still going strong in other corners of RL but man, the 992 could sure use a bit more.

I for one, can't wait for driverless 911s. What a joy that will be...
hitting those twisties sound asleep!!😂
The following users liked this post:
Wilder (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 08:54 PM
IPA1
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 78 Posts

The updates seem to be lacking. I'm waiting for confirmation my car is on the Violet Ace. It just updated today to show arrived at Emden and it most likely arrived 5 or 6 days ago. The ship remains moored. Maybe a software glitch? Maybe it gets left on the dock? In any case, updates and date changes seem a bit wonky the last few days. Good luck to all!

The following 2 users liked this post by IPA1:
toph4242 (03-03-2023), tourenwagen (03-04-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 09:01 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
If you want to experience RAS, I suggest you sign up for one of the Porsche track courses. I did up to the Masters level, and when I took the course at Mosport they had us use Carrera T,'s S and 4S fo earlier courses in a smaller driver development track, and then we added GT3 and Turbo S on the main GT track. On the smaller driver development track I did not notice much of a difference with RAS, but on the larger track, with all its elevation changes and blind corners and drops, with RAS you can carry more speed through a turn and are faster. As for pants feel and knowing when you are losing the back end at the limit, once you hit that limit RAS is irrelevant and did not feel like it intruded.

I highly recommend you all do the Porsche driver development courses, they provide the cars and you get to try them all out on a track with first class instructors (one of mine was the current GT Cup Champion).
Here is a link for the course :
https://trackexperience.porscheexperience.ca

The track at Mosport is highly technical and challenging, it was the site of the former F1 Canadian GP, if any of you have a chance to try it out I highly recommend it.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ional-raceway/
So are you suggesting For or Against RAS? LOL
Old 03-03-2023, 10:21 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

@FastBits , commenting on your debate between Python & Guards. Bulleted ramblings (just my opinions) which may be helpful:
  • Guards really has depth--and it has a bonus of being ELEVATED by the grey bits that come with the T-package. Where I find Python and the T-bits are nice companions they don't 'elevate' one another.
  • As for finding a balance of building a car that is a great value while being unique, think about the Exclusive Design (clear) taillights with Guards. I would guess the ED taillights will have the LOWEST take-rate with GR--which makes choosing them 'your touch'--and cheaper than PG.
  • Love your idea to use white chrono--maybe white tach in the Guards car.
  • Python is strong--and for the buyers who love green--nothing stronger than specing a car with the python / python double-shot (interior / exterior) that is available on the T. Interesting though, I haven't seen any python / python combos in the press cars / launch reviews. (I may have totally missed it if it happened.) When I think of Python, I loved the idea of PG interior and white / silver / chalk exterior...but double-shot was too much for me.
As always, build what YOU love...and NOT for the next person. Best wishes.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bearrun21:
Cartod (03-03-2023), Ørjan (03-04-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 10:48 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Some thoughts:
  • In general, red cars are common. Bright green cars are not.
  • That pic you used of the green car is awful. Try a better one for a fair comparison. They look amazing.
  • If you go with a loud color outside, I'd tone it down with the gray interior inside.
Ultimately, chose the one you see yourself living with and the one you'll turn back and check out as you park and walk away.

Personally, I almost went with Python because the green 997.1 GT3RS is my all time favorite 911 to look at. Conversely, I wrapped my 997.2 Guards Red GT3 in Slate Gray. Ultimately, I decided to do stealthy black with Lizard green interior.

Originally Posted by DSC48
So I never thought I'd poll the group but here I am...

I am struggling at times with Python and considering Guards Red. Mostly, because the rear bumper looks a little frumpy in lighter colors without the Sport Design bumper package (which I am absolutely not getting; I'm not paying $4700 for plastic and less of an approach angle). Am I crazy or does the red look better from the back than the green? I also like the way the red plays off the gray accents, it's a very classic color, and, of course, it's a free color. But Python is far more unique and is also the launch color.

I would do Lizard T interior package with the PG exterior and slate gray T interior package witth the GR exterior.

Any insights appreciated; my order locks 3/9.

IPA1 (03-04-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 11:07 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,278 Likes on 729 Posts

Great post Bearrun21. The reason the press cars don’t have green/green and red/red because usually some contrast always works better. So a green car and green details and green stitching can sometimes be a bit too much green. As is a red car with all red details. I have GR with just some red popping details but not the red stitching and exterior color on the inserts. I have gone crazy with the backside of the seats. But that’s just me.

So if you have a popping exterior color than a more easy going interior tends to be the best way to go. When you have a softer exterior color you can let yourself go completely on the inside. This tends to be the usual feel of most people. Of course nothing but respect for all the people that love to go all the way. But this is only possible when you are completely sure of your choice.

Personally with the PG I would recommend yellow seatbelts with yellow tacho/chrono. See the other RL thread for some great example. It’s just a combo that works beautiful. Just like the yellow seatbelts on Christophers Ruby Star Neo. If yellow is not your thing just the green seatbelts and tacho/chrono. If you are looking for more contrast than the chalk seatbelts and tacho would be the way to go. For the rest I would leave it all black.

If you have a white or black or GT silver 992 exterior than the full green (or red or any other color) interior with all the green deviated stitching and the green seatbelts and tacho/chrono works brilliantly.

It’s just great of Porsche that almost everything is possible. Enjoy taking time to rethink everything.

Last edited by Macboy; 03-03-2023 at 11:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Macboy:
Cartod (03-03-2023), Wilder (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 11:24 PM
erick.ibarra
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Anyone that was supposed to have started production today have any update on their TYD? Once again, went to check mine seeing as it is now past midnight in Germany and assumed the computer systems would have completed there overnight cycle as it has done for me on every other milestone after midnight German local time... But nothing. Might have to wait till Monday for any real update at this point... Ugh long weekend ahead!
same here. Nothing

Date still shows 3/3 but no change
The following 2 users liked this post by erick.ibarra:
toph4242 (03-04-2023), tourenwagen (03-04-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 11:32 PM
boilermaker_yv
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Great post Bearrun21. The reason the press cars don’t have green/green and red/red because usually some contrast always works better. So a green car and green details and green stitching can sometimes be a bit too much green. As is a red car with all red details. I have GR with just some red popping details but not the red stitching and exterior color on the inserts. I have gone crazy with the backside of the seats. But that’s just me.

So if you have a popping exterior color than a more easy going interior tends to be the best way to go. When you have a softer exterior color you can let yourself go completely on the inside. This tends to be the usual feel of most people. Of course nothing but respect for all the people that love to go all the way. But this is only possible when you are completely sure of your choice.

Personally with the PG I would recommend yellow seatbelts with yellow tacho/chrono. See the other RL thread for some great example. It’s just a combo that works beautiful. Just like the yellow seatbelts on Christophers Ruby Star Neo. If yellow is not your thing just the green seatbelts and tacho/chrono. If you are looking for more contrast than the chalk seatbelts and tacho would be the way to go. For the rest I would leave it all black.

If you have a white or black or GT silver 992 exterior than the full green (or red or any other color) interior with all the green deviated stitching and the green seatbelts and tacho/chrono works brilliantly.

It’s just great of Porsche that almost everything is possible. Enjoy taking time to rethink everything.
Couldn’t agree more….now a question to the audience, can you order a deviated color on the backrest shells and interior trim? That way you add contrast, picture white or black exterior with the LG interior package and the trim and shells in LG too.
Cartod (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 12:12 AM
jeremylewin
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree Chalk is a special color. I have seen exactly one 911 in Chalk in Chicago outside a dealer. I don't think it's as popular in the wild as its online presence makes it seem. It's a relatively new and relatively popular color in enthusiast circles and that's what we see online and perhaps in dealerships, but I know all the other 911's in my neighborhood and they are: black, red, white, silver, and orange. If you love Chalk, I would go for it. You will never see as many Chalk 911's as any of the other standard colors. And if you do, who cares? I have owned six 911's and they have been two black, one GT Silver, one Arctic Silver, one Seal Grey, and one 50th Anniversary Graphite Grey. I've also had a 912 in a beautiful burgundy. They have all been amazing and I never once thought about how many other people may have had a similar color car. Just buy what you love. For me, my 911 T is Chalk. I love the color. If one day I pull up next to a Chalk Macan, I will love my car all the same.
The following 3 users liked this post by jeremylewin:
Ikone (03-04-2023), lone992 (03-04-2023), Patriot (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 12:22 AM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

The old Porsche guy in me remembers when radio delete, sunroof delete and a/c delete added value. I tried to keep this mindset when ordering my T. I still got that pretty gas cap.
The following 4 users liked this post by Cartod:
2020Spyder (03-04-2023), boilermaker_yv (03-04-2023), Wilder (03-04-2023), Ørjan (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 12:27 AM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boilermaker_yv
Couldn’t agree more….now a question to the audience, can you order a deviated color on the backrest shells and interior trim? That way you add contrast, picture white or black exterior with the LG interior package and the trim and shells in LG too.
Yes, it’s a piece of art canvas. I considered getting the hardbacks just to paint them deviated.

Last edited by Cartod; 03-04-2023 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:39 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
The old Porsche guy in me remembers when radio delete, sunroof delete and a/c delete added value. I tried to keep this mindset when ordering my T. I still got that pretty gas cap.
+1

Originally Posted by Cartod
Yes, it’s a piece of art canvas. I considered getting the hardbacks just to paint them deviated.
Also +1
Cartod (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 12:45 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by avid
Some thoughts:
  • In general, red cars are common. Bright green cars are not.
  • That pic you used of the green car is awful. Try a better one for a fair comparison. They look amazing.
  • If you go with a loud color outside, I'd tone it down with the gray interior inside.
Ultimately, chose the one you see yourself living with and the one you'll turn back and check out as you park and walk away.

Personally, I almost went with Python because the green 997.1 GT3RS is my all time favorite 911 to look at. Conversely, I wrapped my 997.2 Guards Red GT3 in Slate Gray. Ultimately, I decided to do stealthy black with Lizard green interior.
Spoiler

Wilder (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 03:26 AM
lmmo
Advanced

Received 216 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot
^^ I think you're right.

This picture is my inspiration for choosing White. I don't know who this person is, or who posted the picture, but I was immediately drawn to its vibe and simplicity. My Photos app shows an import date of March 14, 2021. That's how long I've had it. I hearted it as a Favorite. (I think I just talked this through and decided once and for all on white - thanks MacBoy).

Would you agree those look like Satin Wheels?

I believe it's the car from @Donkikonki

Original post: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1167...l#post16383852
Patriot (03-04-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club