992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 09:45 AM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by eibarra21
Even with ppf ?
I didn't have PPF on the car, PPF would protect the gloss Black somewhat.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba
Once it was available for Cayennes it was already over.
Next up: Arctic Grey Metallic which is already everywhere in the automobile world (check any parking lot).
The following 3 users liked this post by Scott P:
Bearrun21 (01-08-2023), dreamin11 (01-08-2023), Gibberish (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 10:39 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I'm not getting it. My dealer doesn't care what/how people order cars AFAIK.

I was at my dealership today and looked at a GT4RS... carbon fiber. ohhhhh. purdy. Now I'm thinking about the CF roof for looks on my Python Green, and Ethos of the T 4lb reduction. lol. Plus the wow factor and conversation piece at Cars & Coffees as pointed out earlier. But is that worth $4k?

I plan on a custom over the top motorsport agate gray stripe too, but wouldn't do that over the CF roof.

Thoughts on CF roof?
Luckily my dealer also lets people spec whatever they want (and didnt force me to get it)... but he/the dealership certainly have no problem pushing people in the direction of what they believe to be best for their resale, which gets annoying and often times contradicts what enthusiasts believe!

There is a GT4RS currently at Westood (boston area) dealer with the blue lightweight wheel option... they look absolutely incredible

Obviously I am a big fan of the CF roof and ordered it. Its overpriced for what it is, but on bright colored cars like PG and Ruby i think it will provide amazing contrast, break up the color, and be a great talking point + makes the car lighter (minor). Im kind of in the boat of, if people are considering spending money on different bumpers/side skirts etc... I'd put the money towards the roof instead to achieve the weight savings and to break up a bright color + goes with the T agate accents that the car already has!

Last edited by toph4242; 01-08-2023 at 10:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
3RsInCarrera (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 10:48 AM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Luckily my dealer also lets people spec whatever they want (and didnt force me to get it)... but he/the dealership certainly have no problem pushing people in the direction of what they believe to be best for their resale, which gets annoying and often times contradicts what enthusiasts believe!

There is a GT4RS currently at Westood (boston area) dealer with the blue lightweight wheel option... they look absolutely incredible

Obviously I am a big fan of the CF roof and ordered it. Its overpriced for what it is, but on bright colored cars like PG and Ruby i think it will provide amazing contrast, break up the color, and be a great talking point + makes the car lighter (minor). Im kind of in the boat of, if people are considering spending money on different bumpers/side skirts etc... I'd put the money towards the roof instead to achieve the weight savings and to break up a bright color + goes with the T agate accents that the car already has!
I think the sport design front fascia saves more weight than the roof
Old 01-08-2023, 10:53 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by balucipher
I think the sport design front fascia saves more weight than the roof
Because of the removal of the active aero? Honestly they should be able to list the weight difference for some of these components... again, not that it really matters for some of these minor changes... The roof being one that I recognize is a minor difference, but in theory you can make an argument for reducing any type of weight in the roof helps with the lower center of gravity and handing, I just wont be "talented" enough to notice and use it as a justification for convincing others to get the cool looking spec haha .
Macboy (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 11:15 AM
Ørjan
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamin11
I was on the hunt today for a shark blue 992 to see the color in real life. Have a look at what I found at PECLA!

First US-spec T? And it’s on Michelins 👍
rokkerkory (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 11:16 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

What do they charge for the CF roof in the US? It’s only £2517 in the UK so I personally think it’s worth including even just for the visual wow.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:31 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shane_b
What do they charge for the CF roof in the US? It’s only £2517 in the UK so I personally think it’s worth including even just for the visual wow.
Its a $3890 option here... We aren't at LWCB prices, but it also saves a lot less weight than the buckets would have...
Expensive, but visually worth it for those of us that want to break up the color a bit but dont want the added weight of a glass sunroof car. I had the glass roof on my gentian blue 992 and loved the look, but I hated the way it looked when the glass was open and honestly NEVER opened it except to let light in (opening the shade all the time)... because of this I skipped it for weight saving and opted for the CF

Last edited by toph4242; 01-08-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:49 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by Ørjan
First US-spec T? And it’s on Michelins 👍
HEY, GOOD CATCH! US spec! So this is NOT a press car but it could be the LA Auto show car

The following 4 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
Cartod (02-16-2023), esmo (01-08-2023), tourenwagen (01-09-2023), Ørjan (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 11:50 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

Its a $3890 option here... We aren't at LWCB prices, but it also saves a lot less weight than the buckets would have...
Expensive, but visually worth it for those of us that want to break up the color a bit but dont want the added weight of a glass sunroof car. I had the glass roof on my gentian blue 992 and loved the look, but I hated the way it looked when the glass was open and honestly NEVER opened it except to let light in (opening the shade all the time)... because of this I skipped it for weight saving and opted for the CF
So $3,000 at current exchange rates… nearer $2,600 a few weeks ago… currency fluctuations make everything more ‘interesting’!

At that price it’s worth it for me… looks great too! I’m sure I won’t notice any difference as people have said, but hey ho!

That said, my pal just accidentally shut his metal garage door on the roof of his black GT3 Touring which had the carbon roof. He bent over with the remote in his pocket while in the garden! Instead of a horrid dent there wasn’t a mark! I have the cctv footage and the bang it made sends shivers down my spine.
tourenwagen (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 12:16 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Because of the removal of the active aero? Honestly they should be able to list the weight difference for some of these components... again, not that it really matters for some of these minor changes... The roof being one that I recognize is a minor difference, but in theory you can make an argument for reducing any type of weight in the roof helps with the lower center of gravity and handing, I just wont be "talented" enough to notice and use it as a justification for convincing others to get the cool looking spec haha .
Yeah I agree it's a visual option more than anything - 2-3lbs max savings over the aluminum roof isn't anything anyone will notice in any of the Carrera models. It looks badass in person though and visually breaking up a color makes a huge difference.

I'm debating leather or no leather today. Leather makes such a huge difference in the feel of the cabin and makes the car feel so premium but I could save the money and go with the ethos of the T and stick with the plastic interior which would free up money for something like the cf roof or the sport design options. Basically do I want to prioritize exterior or interior to stay within the hard cap budget I've given myself
toph4242 (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 12:36 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by balucipher
Yeah I agree it's a visual option more than anything - 2-3lbs max savings over the aluminum roof isn't anything anyone will notice in any of the Carrera models. It looks badass in person though and visually breaking up a color makes a huge difference.

I'm debating leather or no leather today. Leather makes such a huge difference in the feel of the cabin and makes the car feel so premium but I could save the money and go with the ethos of the T and stick with the plastic interior which would free up money for something like the cf roof or the sport design options. Basically do I want to prioritize exterior or interior to stay within the hard cap budget I've given myself
I hear you on this! I am over my hard cap limit by $1K but a few things I just couldnt live without. if I cancel all the netflix/other streaming sites (why do we have 10 to choose from now), never eat out for the next 6 months and make my own coffee at home until the T arrives, I just might break even haha.

As for the leather... I honestly was never disappointed with the feel of my interior on my current 992. I had the standard black interior on that car with the 14-way leather seats and wheel, but no extended leather anywhere else. the 992 is a really well built car and feels very solid inside. I understand a lot of people here have experience with fantastic luxury cars that are so plush inside, and moving to the standard 911 interior feels like a downgrade compared to other interiors on the market... but at the end of the day, I felt very pleased without the upgrades, and believe you enjoy the performance parts/exterior look more than the leather. If the interior is important to you and your enjoyment as I know it is for many people, then spend the $... if you are on the fence and considering performance vs. interior, my vote is for performance.
balucipher (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 12:57 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Received 595 Likes on 131 Posts

I hear you on this! I am over my hard cap limit by $1K but a few things I just couldnt live without. if I cancel all the netflix/other streaming sites (why do we have 10 to choose from now), never eat out for the next 6 months and make my own coffee at home until the T arrives, I just might break even haha.

As for the leather... I honestly was never disappointed with the feel of my interior on my current 992. I had the standard black interior on that car with the 14-way leather seats and wheel, but no extended leather anywhere else. the 992 is a really well built car and feels very solid inside. I understand a lot of people here have experience with fantastic luxury cars that are so plush inside, and moving to the standard 911 interior feels like a downgrade compared to other interiors on the market... but at the end of the day, I felt very pleased without the upgrades, and believe you enjoy the performance parts/exterior look more than the leather. If the interior is important to you and your enjoyment as I know it is for many people, then spend the $... if you are on the fence and considering performance vs. interior, my vote is for performance.
Agree with this. I’ve certainly gotten many comments on these boards for my non-leather $138k build, but I’m not buying this vehicle as a show piece; there are other (practical) options I’d rather spend that money on (e.g., burmester, FAL).

My 997.2 had beautiful natural leather throughout, I enjoyed it, but was generally smiling from the driving experience more than the leather…

The following 5 users liked this post by renn.tp:
Cartod (02-16-2023), HerrDr (01-08-2023), Macboy (01-08-2023), NYFlat6ix (01-08-2023), toph4242 (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 01:12 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 906 Likes on 330 Posts

That's basically where I'm at with regards to leather. If theres any 911 Carrera to skip leather and put the money towards other options you want, it's this one. I think having the minimal leather coverage will complement the sport tex centers which you can only get with full leather in the S. Of course if it fits in your budget and you want leather absolutely go for it.
Macboy (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 02:52 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

I am having a hard time understanding people with these strict budget limits. How can anyone be so strict whilst spending an unbelievable amount of money already? If you spend $130.000 on a car is it really that big of a deal to spend a bit more? How does that work in your minds? Most of us here are buying the car for ourselves and driving them as a gratitude for being lucky enough to share this car passion.

Of course if you don’t care about the leather just stick to your T ethos. Still to some of us plastic in such an expensive car is a bridge to far. The 992 T is the only car who can pull this of where it’s about the sheer driving pleasure and low cost 911 ethos. I get this. But don’t get the “my strict budget”.

About the exterior I just want to add that almost every 911 is equipped with the sport design package. You want something really special? Go for the standard bumpers. Every GTS has the sport package and most S versions all spec them. You want the T ethos then go for the straight line bumpers.

Free saving advice
The following 2 users liked this post by Macboy:
3RsInCarrera (01-09-2023), tourenwagen (01-09-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club