Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 05:54 PM
blackairforce1
Instructor

Received 203 Likes on 45 Posts

True, even a stripper 911 is still a 911 and it probably holds value better (this is important because I plan on trading this for a 930 Turbo in the future).

Anyways here's my spec for <$130k, although I spec a car just as nice but opting for Racing Yellow without Exclusive taillights for $125k

The following 3 users liked this post by blackairforce1:
balucipher (01-08-2023), BaxterPup (01-08-2023), SupraSaiyan (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 06:11 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Received 595 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Interesting. I did it because of the green stitching that you get on the steering column when it's in leather. But even my standard interior has leather, no? Seats, armrest, steering wheel, shifter & boot. That's all leather, isn't it?

Yessir - those bits are leather. With that framing, I understand your intent - it adds some more contrast stitching. Enjoy in good health, really like this spec!
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 07:00 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
Your comment / observation about the stitching on the T-interior pack in 'silver grey' being too dark is really helpful. Yes, I know I'd be disappointed in it being too subtle against the black.

Your report would push me to do the T-interior in green OR to skip the T-package, and instead add the deviated stitching option in a more impactful color--as it's a 'relative value' at an adder of just $1250 above the cost of the T-interior pack--and they will stitch the manual transmission shift boot within the deviated stitching package as well.
This is my dilemma exactly. I have been talking to my SA prior to needing to freeze my build... (I have all other details on my build done except for interior)
Supposedly the Deviated Stitching upgrade does NOT include the '911' in the headrests, only the Slate Grey or Lizard Green package get the colored headrest stitching which seems like such a miss to me. So now I'm debating Slate Grey with white tach/chrono clock to go with my Ice Grey exterior, rather than Guards Red stitching/belts/tach/chrono.

Current Build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPA1SF19

Last edited by merrion13; 01-08-2023 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 354 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by merrion13
...Supposedly the Deviated Stitching upgrade does NOT include the '911' in the headrests, only the Slate Grey or Lizard Green package get the colored headrest stitching which seems like such a miss to me...
Yes, from my study of the stitching options, there appear two inconsistencies:
  • A T-interior package WILL stitch the 911 in the headrests 'in color'. But you will NOT get deviated stitching on a manual transmission boot.
  • Choosing the Extended Deviated Stitching option will NOT get you the 911 headrest stitching 'in color'. However, you DO get the color on a manual transmission boot.
Maybe others can confirm as well?
merrion13 (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 07:44 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Yes, from my study of the stitching options, there appear two inconsistencies:
  • A T-interior package WILL stitch the 911 in the headrests 'in color'. But you will NOT get deviated stitching on a manual transmission boot.
  • Choosing the Extended Deviated Stitching option will NOT get you the 911 headrest stitching 'in color'. However, you DO get the color on a manual transmission boot.
Maybe others can confirm as well?
IM tempted to say that you will get the 911 in color based on the config pics... but the only way to be sure is have your SA contact Porsche directly to confirm... If ive learned anything during this process its that the config is not to be trusted, and the 911T being a brand new model for 992, there are many inconsistencies here. Worth double checking to ensure you get what you want... im still. waiting for word back on black race tex vs race tex and related to heated wheel etc..

The following 3 users liked this post by toph4242:
balucipher (01-08-2023), merrion13 (01-08-2023), Ørjan (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 08:02 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 71 Posts

Thank you both, waiting for confirmation from the SA and I've shown him that image yesterday when I was on the configurator. The price of early adopters, but I'm hopeful that similar to the GTS discussion on the same item, that when you have leather + racetex the deviated stitching applies to the headrest. Fingers crossed! I'll report back with any news.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:28 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

Received 143 Likes on 42 Posts

Looking forward to see an update on this. I assumed the 911 would be in the deviated stitching colour as I have included GT Silver deviated stitching on my build. If this is not the case...I may have to adjust my spec.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:23 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
I am having a hard time understanding people with these strict budget limits. How can anyone be so strict whilst spending an unbelievable amount of money already? If you spend $130.000 on a car is it really that big of a deal to spend a bit more? How does that work in your minds? Most of us here are buying the car for ourselves and driving them as a gratitude for being lucky enough to share this car passion.

Of course if you don’t care about the leather just stick to your T ethos. Still to some of us plastic in such an expensive car is a bridge to far. The 992 T is the only car who can pull this of where it’s about the sheer driving pleasure and low cost 911 ethos. I get this. But don’t get the “my strict budget”.

About the exterior I just want to add that almost every 911 is equipped with the sport design package. You want something really special? Go for the standard bumpers. Every GTS has the sport package and most S versions all spec them. You want the T ethos then go for the straight line bumpers.

Free saving advice
I set a budget on this build not because I can't afford the extra, but at some point the T stops making sense when I can be as happy or happier in a used higher trim or last get GT car. If Porsche brought the buckets into play, I'd blow through the budget in a heartbeat but most likely losing the buckets for this model year means the trim has lost a lot of it's desirability for me. So when considering my options - GT4, Spyder, used GT3 or S/GTS in the $135-150k mark, I decided I wanted to keep the T between $130-135k to get the color and options I wanted minus buckets so that I could personally be happy with the choice I went with.

I understand the difference of 4k isn't a lot on a $135k build, but it's also balancing the value of the trim that I'm not 100% loving but having the benefits of ordering new vs finding what I want used it even maybe out of the brand.

Plus half the fun of the weeks before my order locks is agonizing over the configurator and having builds saved from $123,700 to $166k
The following 3 users liked this post by balucipher:
3RsInCarrera (01-09-2023), Bearrun21 (01-09-2023), Macboy (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 09:59 PM
eibarra21
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=dreamin11;18559322]
Originally Posted by Macboy
About that green car: the green press car did not have the orange flashlights and hat the carbon roof. So it must be a different and US spec car!

I was told the car at PECLA is the same car from the LA autoshow. Something I checked for specifically was the sport exhaust button situation. This car had black exhaust tips (not chrome) and did have the sport exhaust button. Furthermore, if anyone was on the fence about the T interior package in slate gray, I would recommend against it. The stitching is so dark that it is very difficult to distinguish from the black leather. On the other hand, I am sure that the PG stitching will be gorgeous for those of you that spec it!
Did you manage to get some pics of the interior with grey leather ?

Old 01-08-2023, 10:10 PM
eibarra21
Intermediate

Your comment / observation about the stitching on the T-interior pack in 'silver grey' being too dark is really helpful. Yes, I know I'd be disappointed in it being too subtle against the black.

Your report would push me to do the T-interior in green OR to skip the T-package, and instead add the deviated stitching option in a more impactful color--as it's a 'relative value' at an adder of just $1250 above the cost of the T-interior pack--and they will stitch the manual transmission shift boot within the deviated stitching package as well.
You would have to get the * Leather Interior in Black with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers* package, right? which is 5k CAD.. + 4k CAD.. o what package do you see at + $1250?

I'm confused, please explain

While at it m here's my build, probably adding LCA, supervisors and mirror console in race tex and sacrificing electric folding mirrors

http://www.porschecode.com/PP2AGYB0

I was counting on the "cheap" t silver grey package but I wonder now if it's even worth it.

Does anyone with a contact at PECLA that could send some pics?

Locking in Feb 12 but I am away as of te 19th Jan and I want to have that submitted since before leaving.

edit : also adding transport system
balucipher (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 10:19 PM
Colt_45
Advanced

Received 125 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey, just so you are aware the PG exterior and LG interior are not a perfect match. Check out the 1:50 second mark here to see the lizard green belts against PG exterior. They were too far apart for me but obviously we all have different tastes.

Old 01-08-2023, 10:36 PM
eibarra21
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eibarra21
You would have to get the * Leather Interior in Black with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers* package, right? which is 5k CAD.. + 4k CAD.. o what package do you see at + $1250?

I'm confused, please explain

While at it m here's my build, probably adding LCA, supervisors and mirror console in race tex and sacrificing electric folding mirrors

http://www.porschecode.com/PP2AGYB0

I was counting on the "cheap" t silver grey package but I wonder now if it's even worth it.

Does anyone with a contact at PECLA that could send some pics?

Locking in Feb 12 but I am away as of te 19th Jan and I want to have that submitted since before leaving.

edit : also adding transport system

found this elsewhere in enlist.. if this is the contrast.. I do like it and .. sport tex.. is this the same sport tex as in the cheap slate grey package?

Old 01-08-2023, 10:45 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

found this elsewhere in enlist.. if this is the contrast.. I do like it and .. sport tex.. is this the same sport tex as in the cheap slate grey package?
tough to use a Carrera s for comparison. I have a feeling that T elements just wont be the same. Possible that the Sport tex is the same but I wouldnt just assume
Old 01-08-2023, 10:57 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I think that's chalk stitching so more contrast than the slate grey
Old 01-08-2023, 11:06 PM
Colt_45
Advanced

Received 125 Likes on 41 Posts

Here are the press photos of the T slate grey interior.

renn.tp (01-08-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club