Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 11:25 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,313 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Originally Posted by Multimodal
Nice to see them side by side! The sports design bumper was pretty rare on the 991.2T.
The following 2 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
Cartod (01-29-2024), Multimodal (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 11:44 AM
Honza
Advanced

Received 243 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclingismylife
Just get a good helmet and have fun. The car will be fine stock with proper air pressure in the tires. This is assuming you aren’t a veteran track star that plans to push the car 10/10th.
10 years of nationals cups in racing BMWs and Mustangs. This is my first 911. No intention to race, just a few track days a year 😅

The following 4 users liked this post by Honza:
ClubRacer523 (01-31-2024), cyclingismylife (01-28-2024), Multimodal (01-28-2024), Pivot (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 11:51 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,562 Likes on 868 Posts

Alright, 2 questions for the T crew that I am sure I can't be the only one pondering.... (Aftermarket/OEM Buckets and Power)

I absolutely love my T, but since I put it away this fall I have had a wandering eye for a 991.2 GT3 with a manual and bucket seats... I don't really want to sell my car and pay the overpriced mark up on .2 GT3 cars right now. I know those prices are going to come down and dealers still want insane money for them even with 20K+ miles.

I think what I have come to realize is that my 992T is literally perfect for me minus 2 things...
1.) I wanted bucket seats more than anything on my car, and for those that remember a year+ ago when I was going through the build process I did everything I could to get Porsche to give me buckets but with the supply chain issues, they canceled buckets from the first round of T cars and that was that...
2.) I want like 40-50 more HP. Nothing crazy, but just enough to get it solidly into the mid 400s

Now that buckets are available on the T has anyone contacted their dealers to see if they can be ordered from the Parts department? I know its going to be like $10K+ but before the T made them available, I dont think it was even really an option you could order.
What is the best aftermarket tune for just a reasonable bump in power? I DO NOT want to void my warranty, and I DO NOT want to mess with the car in any way that I am going to regret, so for those that have gone through this process, please help me understand the best way to go about a tune that is safe and reliable.

On the flip side... open to being talked out of all of this and into the .2 GT3

Old 01-28-2024, 12:05 PM
Honza
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pivot
Track is the perfect place to see at what point you run out of talent, before you run our of car capabilities... unless you are racing driver, but then I would hope you wouldn't be buying 992T as a dedicated vehicle.
long story, have only place for one car. Dedicated racer is sold. Its a daily, cannot have a wing or too much presence as I am using it for my corporate duties (silver gt for that reason)

only wanted to know what are alignment specs recommended, and what brake pads recommended for tracking that do not squeel. Was thinking Endless MX72. Just that, rest I will figure out
The following 2 users liked this post by Honza:
Pivot (01-28-2024), Vernin (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Honza
10 years of nationals cups in racing BMWs and Mustangs. This is my first 911. No intention to race, just a few track days a year 😅

BMW enthusiasts always recommend pads and fluid before your first track day. I think with a Porsche you can arrive and drive for your first event. Make sure to turn PSM (traction control) to sport mode or else you will go through your rear pads in 1-2 days.

If you are as skilled as you should be with that experience, you’ll find the base brakes are the weakest part of the T. I don’t get fade but I was going through a full set of pads every weekend until I went to track pads (RSL1 front, RSL29 rear). Now I am just eating up rotors instead, but it’s more like rotors once or twice a season instead of pads once a weekend.

Last edited by Multimodal; 01-28-2024 at 12:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ClubRacer523 (01-31-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:13 PM
russdc
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 56 Posts

delete
Old 01-28-2024, 12:14 PM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Alright, 2 questions for the T crew that I am sure I can't be the only one pondering.... (Aftermarket/OEM Buckets and Power)
Any tune will void your warranty - for components directly affected by the tune (i.e., your powertrain). Manufacturers can’t void the entire warranty and dealers usually don’t look for a reason not to cover things unless it’s a major claim like an engine failure.

I like my Softronic tune but if you want something that effectively won’t void your warranty you can get an APR tune. They offer their own powertrain coverage to replace the remainder of whatever factory warranty you had left.

Full Bucket Seats are like $30k from the parts counter. You can regularly find them for sale used online for $15k… so do that.

P.s. if you can get a 991.2 GT3 for $160k or less, so that. One recently sold on BaT for $151k for no clear reason, but that’s the exception not the rule.

Last edited by Multimodal; 01-28-2024 at 12:16 PM.
Vernin (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:18 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Any tune will void your warranty - for components directly affected by the tune (i.e., your powertrain). Manufacturers can’t void the entire warranty and dealers usually don’t look for a reason not to cover things unless it’s a major claim like an engine failure.

I like my Softronic tune but if you want something that effectively won’t void your warranty you can get an APR tune. They offer their own powertrain coverage to replace the remainder of whatever factory warranty you had left.

Full Bucket Seats are like $30k from the parts counter. You can regularly find them for sale used online for $15k… so do that.

P.s. if you can get a 991.2 GT3 for $160k or less, so that. One recently sold on BaT for $151k for no clear reason, but that’s the exception not the rule.
Thanks... As far as 991.2 GT3 goes, I would only buy from a dealer so I could get the 2 year CPO... Not looking to buy one that hasnt gone through very detailed PPI and CPO process, which I know adds a lot to the Price.
And for the bucket seats... I guess my question is around mounting brackets etc... Are they they same across all 992 Trims? I have 18-way seats in my car currently... I wonder what needs to be swapped out
Old 01-28-2024, 12:38 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 224 Posts

Maybe work out a deal with someone ordering a Carrera T and get them to spec the buckets and swap you? Its a stretch but I'm sure there's got to be someone out there that ordered buckets and doesn't want them...

Just a suggestion.
Vernin (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:49 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Honza
long story, have only place for one car. Dedicated racer is sold. Its a daily, cannot have a wing or too much presence as I am using it for my corporate duties (silver gt for that reason)

only wanted to know what are alignment specs recommended, and what brake pads recommended for tracking that do not squeel. Was thinking Endless MX72. Just that, rest I will figure out

Respect!

IIRC negative camber was discussed few weeks ago.
See post #21621
The following 2 users liked this post by Pivot:
Honza (01-28-2024), Vernin (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 01:08 PM
Honza
Advanced

If you are as skilled as you should be with that experience, you’ll find the base brakes are the weakest part of the T. I don’t get fade but I was going through a full set of pads every weekend until I went to track pads (RSL1 front, RSL29 rear). Now I am just eating up rotors instead, but it’s more like rotors once or twice a season instead of pads once a weekend.
Thank you, will do full PSM off like on the other cars. Pads and fluid are no brainer, checked PFC Discs with pads and seems quite pricey. My track day is 4th od April so will report back then. Still few weeks to figure some details out.

Just i am still on my Pirelli zeros and want to finally kill them on the track. Cannot find cup2 in porsche N spec on our cars . Only 255 and 315s. Any insights if rubbing? In worst case will then switch to PS4S.
Vernin (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 01:10 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Maybe work out a deal with someone ordering a Carrera T and get them to spec the buckets and swap you? Its a stretch but I'm sure there's got to be someone out there that ordered buckets and doesn't want them...

Just a suggestion.
I imagine that going from 18-way to buckets is easier than going from buckets to 18-way just with all the wiring etc.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:36 PM
Cachaco
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242

I absolutely love my T, but since I put it away this fall I have had a wandering eye for a 991.2 GT3 with a manual and bucket seats... I don't really want to sell my car and pay the overpriced mark up on .2 GT3 cars right now. I know those prices are going to come down and dealers still want insane money for them even with 20K+ miles.

I think what I have come to realize is that my 992T is literally perfect for me minus 2 things...
1.) I wanted bucket seats more than anything on my car, and for those that remember a year+ ago when I was going through the build process I did everything I could to get Porsche to give me buckets but with the supply chain issues, they canceled buckets from the first round of T cars and that was that...
2.) I want like 40-50 more HP. Nothing crazy, but just enough to get it solidly into the mid 400s

Now that buckets are available on the T has anyone contacted their dealers to see if they can be ordered from the Parts department? I know its going to be like $10K+ but before the T made them available, I dont think it was even really an option you could order.
What is the best aftermarket tune for just a reasonable bump in power? I DO NOT want to void my warranty, and I DO NOT want to mess with the car in any way that I am going to regret, so for those that have gone through this process, please help me understand the best way to go about a tune that is safe and reliable.

On the flip side... open to being talked out of all of this and into the .2 GT3
I am still waiting for my T, so can't comment from a lot of experience or direct comparison. But my neighbor has a manual 991.2 GT3 and all I can say is that it would make a terrible car around town. My neighborhood and nearby highways are pretty average (NorCal). After a few bouts of intoxicating acceleration, I quickly learned that a GT3 is really not the car for me right now. I even concluded that I would only buy a GT car to track it and I would get it with a PDK because it would fit that environment more naturally. Don't get me wrong, amazing car. But drive one before you buy.

I truly hope the T will be much closer to Base/S in terms of usability and daily driver. And the MT will fit it just fine.

kewx007 (01-30-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 04:09 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cachaco
I am still waiting for my T, so can't comment from a lot of experience or direct comparison. But my neighbor has a manual 991.2 GT3 and all I can say is that it would make a terrible car around town. My neighborhood and nearby highways are pretty average (NorCal). After a few bouts of intoxicating acceleration, I quickly learned that a GT3 is really not the car for me right now. I even concluded that I would only buy a GT car to track it and I would get it with a PDK because it would fit that environment more naturally. Don't get me wrong, amazing car. But drive one before you buy.

I truly hope the T will be much closer to Base/S in terms of usability and daily driver. And the MT will fit it just fine.
Yea this is a fair point... I've driven pretty much every generations of the GT3 (including a .2)... its certainly less of a daily, but I'm a young guy and im at a point where I really want this car to be my track car and fun summer car. I do not drive it at all in the winter and I have a Cayenne GTS for daily use... The truth is I just want the buckets and its honestly crazy to think that it is going to cost me $15K-20K maybe even more to get them, which is why im thinking i might as well go for the bigger engine, more track focused car that holds its value "better"
Old 01-28-2024, 05:26 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,195 Likes on 424 Posts

A few T’s seen at the Rolex this weekend. The silver and shark were both press cars with mfr plates. There was a ruby car too. One of my friends who didn’t know called it raspberry pink.

The following 5 users liked this post by arrivederci:
Cartod (01-29-2024), mitchs_996 (01-28-2024), N3DXT (04-30-2024), TUD (01-28-2024), Wilder (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club