Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 05:34 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,114 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by shack993
Love the Pepita! If it wasn’t such an expensive job I’d have them put on my T Seats.

Last edited by Cartod; 01-25-2024 at 05:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Twisty_911T (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:11 PM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 125 Posts

I got a quote for about $2.4k of labor. The fabric costs are outrageous though.
defiant2 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
It looks like it arrived around the 21st but was moored off the coast until now. I tracked it with the maritime app.
Yeah, crazy right! mine was held in port before moored for a week I think. TUD was doing the heavy lifting on tracking. 👍

Got this today from my SA at my Porsche dealership pertaining to 911 at Jacksonville…

”We are hearing 45 to possibly 90 days until the issues are resolved. It is something with the nav units and a license agreement. We will keep you posted still nothing official from Porsche. Hopefully sooner”.

This is horrible news if accurate?

Last edited by Shortseller; 01-25-2024 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:19 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Originally Posted by Cartod
Touché. But everyone knows with a simple chip you have GT power with a T. The S adds back in all the sound deadening and doesn’t offer seat delete. It’s much less of a raw sports car than a T. The T is much more special IMO.
Talked with a guy at my last cars&coffee, he was up to 600hp on his otherwise stock S, safely tthey told him, and I had to wonder why? He used M Tech I think he told me, software swap. I told him the Ts were like 380 but 100lbs lighter thus would be fun to drive vs pocket rockets. 🚘
Cartod (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:55 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,114 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Talked with a guy at my last cars&coffee, he was up to 600hp on his otherwise stock S, safely tthey told him, and I had to wonder why? He used M Tech I think he told me, software swap. I told him the Ts were like 380 but 100lbs lighter thus would be fun to drive vs pocket rockets. 🚘
Why is right imo. So much of that power is utterly useless on the streets. Hell a stock T manual is a handful with its 400 hp +/- especially since it’s rear wheel drive only. 0-60 in a straight line is all you gain.
Shortseller (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:05 PM
Rich_911T
Pro

Received 1,061 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
You definitely won't like my combination... Also, I'm over 50, but young at heart. For me, this is my 1st Porsche, plan for it to be my last, but hope that there's more in the future. Go Bold or go Home!. 😉

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRSEJB12

holy smokes 178k ……… I’ll be honest I’m not sure I’d be looking for a T at this price point but you’re spec is absolutely killer . Def liking the yellow with ruby and aero . Aero just sets off 992’s perfectly
zanary (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:23 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Anyone here going to the Rolex 24 this weekend?
Old 01-25-2024, 08:25 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 658 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_911T
holy smokes 178k ……… I’ll be honest I’m not sure I’d be looking for a T at this price point but you’re spec is absolutely killer . Def liking the yellow with ruby and aero . Aero just sets off 992’s perfectly
Thanks. I specs an almost equal Carrera S and it was almost $21K more (almost 1:1 or as best as I can get it). I'm not looking for power as this is a 7MT so this has enough for me to ring through the gears but what I want is the driving pleasure you only get from a 911, plus for me it's be Bold or Go Home...

This color palette and options is all about Be Bold! Plus, spec it like it's your last Porsche, but hope that there are plenty more in your future... 😉

This should be in my hands by early April if all goes well!
The following 2 users liked this post by zanary:
Cartod (01-25-2024), WingsWheelsHulls (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:28 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

@zanary Well its Ruby Star Neo day...ordered mine today as well:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIVALM7

Mine locks Feb.22nd but I told my dealer to lock now. Target April production like you...
The following 3 users liked this post by CamsPorsche:
Macboy (01-27-2024), WingsWheelsHulls (01-25-2024), zanary (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 10:04 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 919 Posts

Yeah, crazy right! mine was held in port before moored for a week I think. TUD was doing the heavy lifting on tracking. 👍

Got this today from my SA at my Porsche dealership pertaining to 911 at Jacksonville…

”We are hearing 45 to possibly 90 days until the issues are resolved. It is something with the nav units and a license agreement. We will keep you posted still nothing official from Porsche. Hopefully sooner”.

This is horrible news if accurate?

Really… interesting. Sorry, but I am calling total hogwash given that my car finished production four days after yours. One would suspect mine, and the other three that accompanied it would have been affected as well? The more than likely fabricated stories by this dealer just keep getting odder and odder. With that stated 45 to 90 additional days I suspect that they are intentionally attempting to push you to walk. 🤷‍♂️ Whatever the real situation is it is total BS!

Last edited by RatherJaded; 01-25-2024 at 10:14 PM.
Icegrill (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 10:52 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Originally Posted by TUD
Really… interesting. Sorry, but I am calling total hogwash given that my car finished production four days after yours. One would suspect mine, and the other three that accompanied it would have been affected as well? The more than likely fabricated stories by this dealer just keep getting odder and odder. With that stated 45 to 90 additional days I suspect that they are intentionally attempting to push you to walk. 🤷‍♂️. Whatever the real situation is it is total BS!
No, yours were finished and released before the hold. Mine finished but didn’t make the hold date for some reason. My PDI was finished on 1/15.

I just dont see the play here as you describe. My documentation shows Port handling - Administrative hold 01/17/2024, hard stop. I keep getting updates daily. So the documents have been fabricated to *** with me?

Porsche Naples has officially been ranked the #1 Premier Porsche Dealer by Porsche Cars North America in 2021 by Paradice Gruppe, is petty enough to blow me off on an msrp sale on a 911T? Not likely.

But you speculate base on 3 cars that on your paperwork not fully populated, got out before the hold was placed. And the other couple cars on hold reported here is also not true?

So Everyone is wrong except for you? Ok, I guess we will see eventually, just don’t go quiet on me if I get something from Porsche if everyone else is right? 😁

Oh, last but not least. They have my $50k trade in money so I ain’t going anywhere, so be advised!

Last edited by Shortseller; 01-25-2024 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:23 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 658 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
@zanary Well its Ruby Star Neo day...ordered mine today as well:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIVALM7

Mine locks Feb.22nd but I told my dealer to lock now. Target April production like you...
Nice config... One thing I noticed. Your link goes to Porsche CA, and in your configurator it shows that you guys still get PTS in Canada? Is that correct? That PTS color option was removed way in 2023 from the US configurator, but appears on the Canadian configurator... Very interesting.
CamsPorsche (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 11:40 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 919 Posts

No, yours were finished and released before the hold. Mine finished but didn’t make the hold date for some reason. My PDI was finished on 1/15.

I just dont see the play here as you describe. My documentation shows Port handling - Administrative hold 01/17/2024, hard stop. I keep getting updates daily. So the documents have been fabricated to *** with me?

Porsche Naples has officially been ranked the #1 Premier Porsche Dealer by Porsche Cars North America in 2021 by Paradice Gruppe, is petty enough to blow me off on an msrp sale on a 911T? Not likely.

But you speculate base on 3 cars that on your paperwork not fully populated, got out before the hold was placed. And the other couple cars on hold reported here is also not true?

So Everyone is wrong except for you? Ok, I guess we will see eventually, just don’t go quiet on me if I get something from Porsche if everyone else is right? 😁

Oh, last but not least. They have my $50k trade in money so I ain’t going anywhere, so be advised!

I am not at liberty to divulge my sources, but I suspect they are vastly more reliable than those whom you are currently dealing with. I do advise you to be weary of the information that you currently receiving. The documentation you are reading via screenshots, it is more involved.

Be advised that your $50k trade is peanuts to them. They can gladly cut you a check for that and send you on your merry way if they so choose. I have seen SMs and GMs make it happen as sometimes a specific client simply is just not worth the hassle.

“Porsche Naples has officially been ranked the #1 Premier Porsche Dealer by Porsche Cars North America in 2021 by Paradice.”

This ⬆️ accreditation means absolutely nothing two years later. My selling dealer was also a Premier Dealer for 2021. 2023 Premier Dealers have already been bestowed the honor.

Not to be a dick, but enjoy that 45 to 90 day wait over an alleged navi SW licensing. 🙄 Say it out loud to yourself and then think how absurd that is. BTW, Two things my car has done since it has been in my possession is update the maps software and the calendar OTA.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 01-25-2024 at 11:55 PM.
Icegrill (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 11:50 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Originally Posted by TUD
I am not at liberty to divulge my sources, but I suspect they are vastly more reliable then those you were currently deal with. I do advise you to be weary of the information that you currently receiving. The documentation you are reading via screenshots, it is more involved.

Be advised that your $50k trade is peanuts to them. They can gladly cut you a check for that and send you on your merry way if they so choose. I have seen SMs and GMs make it happen as sometimes a specific client simply is just not worth the hassle.

“Porsche Naples has officially been ranked the #1 Premier Porsche Dealer by Porsche Cars North America in 2021 by Paradice.”

This ⬆️ accreditation means absolutely nothing two years later. My selling dealer was also a Premier Dealer for 2021. 2023 Premier Dealers have been already bestowed the honor,

Not to be a dick, but enjoy that 45 to 90 day wait over an alleged navi SW licensing. 🙄 Say it out loud to yourself and then think how absurd that is. BTW, Two things my car has done since it had been in my possession is update the maps software and the calendar OTA.
If you can’t prove it, I’m not going to consider your speculation.

as for the $50K, im not saying it for the benefit of the dealership, I’m saying It’s a lot for me to be dicked over. So not looking to walk,

Not a liberty, seriously? So prove it or you’re not real. If you have something that is so secretive, PM me. I’ll appreciate it.

I must also say if you noticed, the SA has no definitive word from Porsche either, he’s like you just speculating but I do know from their website they don’t have a single new 911 on the lot, funny how that is?

Last edited by Shortseller; 01-26-2024 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:18 AM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 953 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
I am not at liberty to divulge my sources, but I suspect they are vastly more reliable than those whom you are currently dealing with. I do advise you to be weary of the information that you currently receiving. The documentation you are reading via screenshots, it is more involved.

This ⬆️ accreditation means absolutely nothing two years later. My selling dealer was also a Premier Dealer for 2021. 2023 Premier Dealers have already been bestowed the honor.

Not to be a dick, but enjoy that 45 to 90 day wait over an alleged navi SW licensing. 🙄 Say it out loud to yourself and then think how absurd that is. BTW, Two things my car has done since it has been in my possession is update the maps software and the calendar OTA.
If you can’t prove it, I’m not going to consider your speculation.

as for the $50K, im not saying it for the benefit of the dealership, I’m saying It’s a lot for me to be dicked over. So not looking to walk,

Not a liberty, seriously? So prove it or you’re not real. If you have something that is so secretive, PM me. I’ll appreciate it.
Quite a few other members have received their 992s in the same period as your cars arriving in port. Maybe the keys are lost….. but to even suggest another 3 month wait is ludicrous! Some guy got his base from order to delivery in a little over 90 days this last fall.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club