Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 09:10 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 466 Likes on 136 Posts

With the way 992 production is currently going, I wouldn't be holding my breath for a T to be released anytime soon. But what do I know?
Old 09-23-2021, 04:03 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 233 Likes on 123 Posts

As mentioned earlier here I have a deposit down, having watched the GTS reviews I’m really struggling to think what Porsche can do to differentiate the T from a lightweight optioned GTS.

Still live in hope though🤞
The following users liked this post:
Das14444 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 05:04 PM
savethemanual
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Das14444
I agree but some people like a roof.

My T was a slick top, manual, carbon bucket seats, rear seat delete, RWS, lightweight glass option car - but I never tracked it.

Lightweight is the ethos of the car (clubsport) but people will order what they like and who are we to judge? They are all cool cars.

And I still say there will be NO 992 Carrera T
Sorry! Its not real :-)
There have been several articles that quote people from Porsche saying that they’re committed to bringing out the “T” version for the 992 generation. I bet there will be one, but probably not for a year or so. It’ll probably be released as the last model before the 992.2 refresh (e.g. 2023-2024).
Old 09-23-2021, 05:28 PM
Das14444
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by savethemanual
There have been several articles that quote people from Porsche saying that they’re committed to bringing out the “T” version for the 992 generation. I bet there will be one, but probably not for a year or so. It’ll probably be released as the last model before the 992.2 refresh (e.g. 2023-2024).

I hope you are right. Would be extra cool if we can check the box for heritage options and paint to sample with a T
Old 09-23-2021, 06:11 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 520 Likes on 208 Posts

What makes the T so desirable in the 992 when you can essentially get the T packaging on the S and GTS in the “lightweight packages”? Is it just to have a manual in the base without the S, GTS cost? The T in the 991.2 was truly different because this Lightweight packaging, was on a narrow body and no other model in the lineup until you were at the top GT range. Sure there was also the RWS and PASM too and the mech rear diff but those were on the S. Once the lightweight package it’s offered in the 992 S and GTS what makes the T a money maker for Porsche? Why use a new trim for something offered in the rest of the Carrera and Turbo(S) range? The T is a great car but to me, the articles are more about availability of lightweight packaging throughout the lineup and not necessarily another T. Not to mention there are probably more people out there that want a base in a manual then a T due to the inherent loss of increase noise, tighter suspension etc. I’m not holding my breath that another one is coming not to mention I’m guessing Porsche is going to have to incorporate electrically assisted engines soon (even in the 911) maybe as early as the 992.2 given the elongated supply chain issues and impending Emissions requirements..which I fear is going to be the final nail in the coffin for the MT.
Das14444 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 377 Posts

Seeing the configurator for the GTS allows for buckets, I doubt we will see a T in the 992 series.
Das14444 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 09:37 PM
Vivicorsi
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Norge911
Seeing the configurator for the GTS allows for buckets, I doubt we will see a T in the 992 series.

we will see a 992 T.

That’s a fact. Porsche officials like Walliser have stated it - more than once.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:23 PM
Underberg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Norge911
The whole purpose of a model is there to justify a seat. I love it. It's the A-10 of cars!
Old 10-07-2021, 11:38 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,196 Likes on 425 Posts

If they make it and I can get one in the next 12 months, I'll get one to go with my '72 T. Calling local dealers tomorrow to see about wait lists. Mine will be custom paint, slate gray but otherwise pretty light on options.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:56 PM
savethemanual
Advanced

Originally Posted by arrivederci
If they make it and I can get one in the next 12 months, I'll get one to go with my '72 T. Calling local dealers tomorrow to see about wait lists. Mine will be custom paint, slate gray but otherwise pretty light on options.
I’d be very surprised if any T’s are delivered to customers in the next 12 months. We haven’t even seen spy shots of the T yet.

On a side note, it looks like the “Carrera Sport Classic” (which would probably get the GTS power plant) might be the next 911 variation. Spy shots have been floating around since April of this year.

Last edited by savethemanual; 10-08-2021 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:38 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by savethemanual
I’d be very surprised if any T’s are delivered to customers in the next 12 months. We haven’t even seen spy shots of the T yet.

On a side note, it looks like the “Carrera Sport Classic” (which would probably get the GTS power plant) might be the next 911 variation. Spy shots have been floating around since April of this year.
I agree...its funny no crazy to see folks are walking into dealers lookin to put orders in for cars that haven't been announced let alone produced. I mean they have not announced the T but folks want to put orders in and get on waiting lists for cars they won't see anytime soon. GTS's were just announced and none in any customer's hands yet and unlikely to occur until 2022 at least. So when do you think one will see a Carrera T? Try 2023 at the current rate IF lucky it seems. Same for GT3s..go check that forum and see how many are out there outside press cars or take a drive past almost ANY car dealership in the US now a days...numbers of cars avail for delivery are pathetic due to continued global shortages and supply and chipset issues...oh yeah and COVID19 as not everyone has vaccination levels and availability as we do here in the US. So yeah...a 992 Carrrera T I am afraid will be as numerous as a unicorn or a mermaid in the next 12-36 mos is my guess. A agree with [savethemanual;17713237] there with that one.
savethemanual (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Underberg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I agree...its funny no crazy to see folks are walking into dealers lookin to put orders in for cars that haven't been announced let alone produced. I mean they have not announced the T but folks want to put orders in and get on waiting lists for cars they won't see anytime soon. GTS's were just announced and none in any customer's hands yet and unlikely to occur until 2022 at least. So when do you think one will see a Carrera T? Try 2023 at the current rate IF lucky it seems. Same for GT3s..go check that forum and see how many are out there outside press cars or take a drive past almost ANY car dealership in the US now a days...numbers of cars avail for delivery are pathetic due to continued global shortages and supply and chipset issues...oh yeah and COVID19 as not everyone has vaccination levels and availability as we do here in the US. So yeah...a 992 Carrrera T I am afraid will be as numerous as a unicorn or a mermaid in the next 12-36 mos is my guess. A agree with [savethemanual;17713237] there with that one.
It feels like you're reinforcing the point to sign up early; the early bird getting the worm, err, allocation for a low volume car they'd like to have (if it ever comes) and not wait 2-3 years on top of whenever orders open for their turn due to low production rates and high demand (hello GT3/Corvette). Whether it is 3 years or 30 years, a spot is a spot and more time enjoyed with the car sooner. That spot costs little to nothing and [the royal] we will be enjoying our cars and other new shiny toys in the interim (hello new BRZ!). We're talking about a car that has been referenced by representatives of the firm [following a model that was actually produced], in a thread specifically made to discuss said car, not some unicorn Cayenne GT10RS Evo 2. I'm having trouble seeing the crazy in it. Plus Porsche takes info from their base, maybe enough requests sends a signal to Stuttgart to deliver it sooner than later. So many folks polluting this thread that have no interest in discussing the Carrera T.

Lessons from the old T:
limited color selection (due to contrast stitching options?)
My guess is we're get the standard 4; white, black, Guards Red, Speed Yellow, plus the premium 4; Python Green, Shark Blue, Lava Orange, Carmine Red. Maybe GT Silver and Carrera White like last time...
The bigger question; will it have the GTS style Race-Tex seat centers. I recall folks complaining how hot the seat centers were in the T and that sounds like a similar complaint on the new GTS.

My hypothetical build - assuming PSE, Sport Chrono, PASM, Insulated Glass, etc. are standard;
Guards Red
The standard/smallest wheels
Sport-Tex standard 4-way seats, if possible
Exterior mirrors painted in base color, if possible
Manual
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Ionizer
GT sport wheel in leather
Seat Belts in a color
Porsche crest in headrest, if possible
Interior trim in brushed aluminum
Bespoke Door-Sill Guards in aluminum
Bose Audio
European Delivery - Zuffenhausen

I'm guessing around $8k in options on top of a ~$110k base msrp, just under $120k + TTL. That's the way it should be; make someone have to decide between an S and a T!
Old 10-08-2021, 06:27 PM
savethemanual
Advanced

its funny no crazy to see folks are walking into dealers lookin to put orders in for cars that haven't been announced let alone produced.
Some dealers will take a deposit for anything. If they’re just asking for something like $500-$1000 to hold your place in line, then fine. However, some of the dealers are asking for $10k or more, which makes me wonder why they require such a big deposit and what they’ll be doing with that cash in the mean time.

So when do you think one will see a Carrera T? Try 2023 at the current rate IF lucky it seems.
2023 sounds about right to me. It MAY be announced in 2022, but I doubt any will be delivered until sometime in 2023.
mdrobc1213 (10-09-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 09:50 PM
Das14444
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 160 Posts

Old 10-08-2021, 11:45 PM
savethemanual
Advanced

Originally Posted by Das14444
It took me a minute, but I get it now. Lol 😂 .
Das14444 (10-09-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club