Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Has anyone actually heard from their cleaning lady that this will be built, or are we still basing the assumption on old articles?
Old articles for me: https://drivetribe.com/p/good-news-t...TSWE7sGLS8us0A
Old 05-02-2021, 07:04 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Out of curiosity, how did the last carrera T sell? E.g. was it hard to get an allocation? I've been feverishly searching for a use 991.1 or 991.2 and missed on a couple by literally a couple hours. All the new listings are asking for almost MSRP, at this rate I might as well buy a new one. Carrera T would be my dream, but if it's limited allocation I will unlikely get one as this is my first Porsche. Am I just better off getting inline for a new Carrera S now? Seems unlikely the base will get the manual
Old 05-02-2021, 11:36 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
Out of curiosity, how did the last carrera T sell? E.g. was it hard to get an allocation? I've been feverishly searching for a use 991.1 or 991.2 and missed on a couple by literally a couple hours. All the new listings are asking for almost MSRP, at this rate I might as well buy a new one. Carrera T would be my dream, but if it's limited allocation I will unlikely get one as this is my first Porsche. Am I just better off getting inline for a new Carrera S now? Seems unlikely the base will get the manual
Tepidly.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:02 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 466 Likes on 136 Posts

I'd argue by the time the Carrera T finally made it to US shores most folks had moved on mentally from the 991. If they introduce a 992 T much earlier in the cycle (say with the launch of the 992.2) then I anticipate it will be much more of a hit. With the GT3 pushing $200k for a build of any significance, I think a stripped-down version with some of the fancy bits will sell very well.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:38 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 947 Posts

A base C2 Carrera in Manual w/ Sport Chrono, PSE, and SPASM, RAS, metallic paint, decent wheels, and some minimalist other options would about $118k for a fairly stripped Manual Carrera T. I did include full and not standard base leather. Just above the base price of an S and well below the $135-$145k range of a well-equipped S. About $20k or so in savings. For my tastes, a Base C2 manual would have run a bit more, into the $120s as I would have added some other nice options.

However, the current Base C2 does not allow for RAS or SPASM let along the 7MT. And I feel like a Carrera T should include or offer those sort of performance options not currently available on the base Carrera.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
A base C2 Carrera in Manual w/ Sport Chrono, PSE, and SPASM, RAS, metallic paint, decent wheels, and some minimalist other options would about $118k for a fairly stripped Manual Carrera T. I did include full and not standard base leather. Just above the base price of an S and well below the $135-$145k range of a well-equipped S. About $20k or so in savings. For my tastes, a Base C2 manual would have run a bit more, into the $120s as I would have added some other nice options.

However, the current Base C2 does not allow for RAS or SPASM let along the 7MT. And I feel like a Carrera T should include or offer those sort of performance options not currently available on the base Carrera.
The current C2 is mainly missing an eLSD (or mechanical LSD with MT) and PTV+, which you need before any of the other performance upgrades will make sense.
The following 3 users liked this post by Daft Chief:
3rdpedal (05-05-2021), deesis01 (02-21-2024), detansinn (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 09:15 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

I got tired of waiting for the Carrera T and placed a deposit for an allocation for a minimally specced C2S (MT with sport chrono, sport exhaust, premium package)
The following 3 users liked this post by westcoastj:
Boulder Mike (05-06-2021), Carcam (05-05-2021), detansinn (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 10:54 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 473 Likes on 237 Posts

I’m the first in line at my dealer! It will take the place off my 992s pdk.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:16 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by jayson
I'd argue by the time the Carrera T finally made it to US shores most folks had moved on mentally from the 991. If they introduce a 992 T much earlier in the cycle (say with the launch of the 992.2) then I anticipate it will be much more of a hit. With the GT3 pushing $200k for a build of any significance, I think a stripped-down version with some of the fancy bits will sell very well.
Yes but then you have the GTS that will fill a lot of the bargain Carerra 992 S shoes with those same items asked....so why again would Porsche add the T now again?
Originally Posted by 3rdpedal

My base 992 built was around $120k with all it needed but that I couldn't get some that were S exclusive. My final choice and allocation was a 992 S at $133k nicely optioned in performance options. Only way to get a manual car and I think Porsche likes it that way and seems to keep it that way. Don't see a manual coming to the base anytime soon.
I got tired of waiting for the Carrera T and placed a deposit for an allocation for a minimally specced C2S (MT with sport chrono, sport exhaust, premium package)
Yeah seems like that is the better option for those not willing to wait 24-36 mos for a car that may not come till the end of the 992.2 release.
Originally Posted by Mojonito
I’m the first in line at my dealer! It will take the place off my 992s pdk.
Now that I don't understand that much. How can you or do you get in line and place a deposit [which i am sure also occurred to reserve said space in line] for a car which Porsche has not even announced yet IF they will build and has no set timeline for production and what looks like 2 other models in front of it (992 GTS and likely 992.2) by Porsche AG to put on the streets? I mean did they give you a date? No way they could give you a commission number even as they aren't even produced yet. So what do you exactly have?
Old 05-05-2021, 06:09 PM
jayson
Racer

Just a PSA, we have been getting our 911 Carrera T Facebook group more active if any of you guys care to join. It is highly moderated and we have been doing a good job at keeping the trolls/bots/spammers out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/911carrerat/
Old 05-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Now that I don't understand that much. How can you or do you get in line and place a deposit [which i am sure also occurred to reserve said space in line] for a car which Porsche has not even announced yet IF they will build and has no set timeline for production and what looks like 2 other models in front of it (992 GTS and likely 992.2) by Porsche AG to put on the streets? I mean did they give you a date? No way they could give you a commission number even as they aren't even produced yet. So what do you exactly have?
You have a gentleman's agreement. Nothing more. My dealer literally has a spreadsheet and a separate contract on the side to go with it. If the car is announced, they already have 20 people on the list. If it isn't, anyone can request their money back at any point. This is how I got my GT3 commission, which eventually required a substantially larger deposit when my name was up. It works—I put my money down when I knew I wanted the car and today I have a commission number. Everyone's happy.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:25 PM
jayson
Racer

Originally Posted by Daft Chief
You have a gentleman's agreement. Nothing more. My dealer literally has a spreadsheet and a separate contract on the side to go with it. If the car is announced, they already have 20 people on the list. If it isn't, anyone can request their money back at any point. This is how I got my GT3 commission, which eventually required a substantially larger deposit when my name was up. It works—I put my money down when I knew I wanted the car and today I have a commission number. Everyone's happy.
This. Dealers do it all the time (even if the car is only rumored). Just don't get suckered into putting too much down as a deposit, you are giving them a free loan. $500 should do it for a non-GT car, def no more than $2k (some dealers ask for $5k or even $10k). It also helps dramatically if you are an existing customer.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:15 PM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Daft Chief
I have the same with my dealer and am first on the list for a 992T whenever it is annouced.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:35 AM
savethemanual
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by reloader-1
Happy 2021! I wanted to start a discussion on the potential upcoming 992 Carrera T, likely a 2022 or 2023 model based on past iterations.

Overview

August Achleitner (chief engineer for the 911) has already intimated that it would return, as mentioned in many publications: Interview - R&T. I did some brief research, using the 2018 Carrera T as my estimate for the new pricing and specs. Given the imminent launch of the GT3, and the GTS in late testing, then the most likely timing is that of a 2023 model (i.e. announced in about a year). However, Porsche could surprise us with a late 2021 launch as well (as a 2022 M/Y).

Package
In general, the "Carrera T" adds the following to the base Carrera, along with some special painted surfaces (mirrors), and graphics.

Standard
Manual Transmission
PASM Sport Suspension
Sport Chrono
Sports Exhaust
Shorter Final Drive
Lightweight Glass
Door Pull Straps
Sport-Tex Seat Centers

Optional
Rear Axle Steering
PCCBs
Bucket Seats

Anticipated Pricing

This is a tough estimate to do, as I don't have the 2018 package pricing, so I was unable to estimate the discount. However, the base price of the 911 went from $91,100 to $99,200, so roughly 8.9% increase. The Carrera T in 2018 was $103,150, so a 13.2% increase over base. That gives us two possible ways of computing the new 992 T base price:

Model 1 (8.9% Increase from 911.2 to 992 gen): $112,330
Model 2 (13.2% Increase from base 911 price): $112, 295

These both line up, but again, are just a projection. From a sanity check perspective, the 2021 Carrera S is $115,100, and traditionally the Carrera T is just under the C2S pricing.

Thoughts

I have a manual 991.1 MT C2 at the moment, and this is the model I am waiting for to trade in my 911. The primary reasons for this are the manual transmission in the base, which frees up funds to go towards other options that I prefer. The Carrera T offers exactly the options that I would spec, including the Manual Transmission, Sports Exhaust, PASM, Sport Chrono (which is now tied int to the manual transmission anyway).

Here's a bit of heresy from me, as I do know the "T" is intended to be the lightweight, no-frills version that is more of a "purist" car. I am actually going to spec it out as a year-round daily driver (FL), with some options that would increase weight and cost. However, the savings from doing this to a "T" over an "S" are substantial. Here's my rough option package, in addition to the standard goodies in the "T":
  • Glass Sunroof
  • Leather Seat Centers
  • Premium Package Plus
    • Dynamic Light System Plus
    • BOSE® Surround Sound System
    • Surround View
    • Lane Change Assist (LCA)
    • Ventilated Seats (Front)
    • Power Folding Mirrors
    • Ambient Lighting
    • Storage Package
I would also ask the dealer to swap out the pull straps for regular handles (sacrilege, I know!). This would give me what I believe is the perfect daily driver, usable both on daily commutes as well as errands and longer trips. The MT, Sport Chrono, Sports Exhaust and PASM give me the sportiness that I love about my 991.1, and the glass sunroof lets in more light and gives a sense of airiness to the cabin (again, Florida so tons of sunlight). In addition, the Premium package adds bits and goodies that I find I enjoy in my current 911, such as ventilated seats, PDLS, LCA etc.

Thoughts? How would you spec yours? Are you also waiting for the Carrera T?
sounds to me like you just want a base Carrera with a manual transmission like the rest of us!
The following users liked this post:
westcoastj (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 12:24 PM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by savethemanual
sounds to me like you just want a base Carrera with a manual transmission like the rest of us!
Yes, but with all the performance goodies that don’t come in a base
The following users liked this post:
savethemanual (06-20-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club