992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 02:59 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,738 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
Nobody on here (unless I've missed it?) has specced the front axle lift.
In the UK where I live I think I'll need it, particularly with the 10mm lower suspension.
I have it on my Taycan and it's occasionally needed in Sport and quite often Sport+, but hard to know if the T will need it??

Any thoughts anyone that's got / had a Taycan and can compare?
If you need it on the Taycan, you will definitely need it on the T (or any 911).
Old 01-09-2023, 03:05 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregonater
If you get the standard front it's also cheaper to just replace the lip 10+ times.
Originally Posted by toph4242
I think I've replaced the black plastic lip 2-3 times across a couple 911s and a cayman. Best design element Porsche has ever done for its customers is make that a ~$200 piece and make it a DIY job... They could easily push everyone into the FAL category if they made it one piece bumper or made it a painted standard piece, but until then I will skip FAL, avoid problem entry areas and not worry about it.
Sometimes it is not just the front lip spoiler that gets damaged, but the undercarriage of the car (engine splash shield, the skid plate, etc.) or the actual bumper itself, which is more than just a 200 non-paint, stick-on DIY job.

To me FAL is always one of those options that's better to have and not need than need and not have.

And if a person is wondering whether they need FAL then most likely they need FAL because if a person was absolutely certain FAL was not necessary the question wouldn't even come up.
The following users liked this post:
merrion13 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 03:15 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Sometimes it is not just the front lip spoiler that gets damaged, but the undercarriage of the car (engine splash shield, the skid plate, etc.) or the actual bumper itself, which is more than just a 200 non-paint, stick-on DIY job.

To me FAL is always one of those options that's better to have and not need than need and not have.

And if a person is wondering whether they need FAL then most likely they need FAL because if a person was absolutely certain FAL was not necessary the question wouldn't even come up.
Does FAL lift enough to prevent scraping of the engine splash shield or anything in that area? it's about 1.5" (3-4 cm) at the front axle so roughly half that at the middle of the wheelbase. I'm curious since I've not had FAL on any of my cars in the past.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:15 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrDr
a very steep approach on my driveway and all around Seattle for some stupid reason.
Rain?
toph4242 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 03:17 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

FAL may not do all you expect it does if you are concerned about the engine belly pan...
Old 01-09-2023, 03:18 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Rain?
While it rains more days than most places, it rarely rains a lot at once. In fact places like Chicago, Boston and New York City all get more annual precipitation than Seattle. The roads themselves don't seem to flood.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:21 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

Received 143 Likes on 42 Posts

I feel like if your doing anything other than lip damage driving into something, you're probably not smart enough to know when you need to use FAL in the first place. Tons of people drive slammed cars in all sorts of environments where some Rennlisters would probably say FAL is necessary...but it is definitely not on a stock height car. If you're the kind of person that might pile their 911 into a parking stopper, or hit a steep driveway with 0 angle, I'm not sure you can be saved by FAL.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:24 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,262 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
FAL may not do all you expect it does if you are concerned about the engine belly pan...
FAL not RAL right? Engine location is . . . .
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
SpyderTarga (01-09-2023), toph4242 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 03:25 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregonater
I feel like if your doing anything other than lip damage driving into something, you're probably not smart enough to know when you need to use FAL in the first place. Tons of people drive slammed cars in all sorts of environments where some Rennlisters would probably say FAL is necessary...but it is definitely not on a stock height car. If you're the kind of person that might pile their 911 into a parking stopper, or hit a steep driveway with 0 angle, I'm not sure you can be saved by FAL.
No, of course.

The car is absolutely drivable without FAL. It just makes the car easier to drive with FAL, where navigating every onramp or driveway does not becomes a geometry lesson requiring the use of a protractor.

This is especially true if you are daily'ing the T.

If it's just a weekend toy or canyon carver, then, yeah, the FAL may not be a necessary option.
Gibberish (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 03:27 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
FAL not RAL right? Engine location is . . . .
I laughed at this lol
Old 01-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
Living in the UK means there's never a need to be knowledgeable about seat ventilation

I like to escape mud-island in summer and ride-out to Mediterranean to get fried, then peel-off and get back to work again
Gibberish (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 04:33 PM
blackairforce1
Instructor

Received 203 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
I think I've replaced the black plastic lip 2-3 times across a couple 911s and a cayman. Best design element Porsche has ever done for its customers is make that a ~$200 piece and make it a DIY job... They could easily push everyone into the FAL category if they made it one piece bumper or made it a painted standard piece, but until then I will skip FAL, avoid problem entry areas and not worry about it.
Yeah thank god. I opted out of Sport Design Front after realizing it was painted lip. I don't want to drive the car agonizing over a scrapped lips. My plastic lip is going to have battle scars all over and I won't care. As for belly pan, no one will see it and it's replaceable too

Although, I fortunately don't have a crazy inclined driveway.

Last edited by blackairforce1; 01-09-2023 at 04:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by blackairforce1:
HerrDr (01-09-2023), Patriot (02-19-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 04:45 PM
bzcat
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamin11
About that green car: the green press car did not have the orange flashlights and hat the carbon roof. So it must be a different and US spec car!

I was told the car at PECLA is the same car from the LA autoshow. Something I checked for specifically was the sport exhaust button situation. This car had black exhaust tips (not chrome) and did have the sport exhaust button. Furthermore, if anyone was on the fence about the T interior package in slate gray, I would recommend against it. The stitching is so dark that it is very difficult to distinguish from the black leather. On the other hand, I am sure that the PG stitching will be gorgeous for those of you that spec it!
The green T at PECLA if it is the same one that was at the LA Auto Show, does not have the T slate gray interior. It has the T black leather interior (standard seats + leather dash).

Here is the close up photo of the Sport tex center on the green T that I took when I sat in the car at LA Auto Show. It shows the standard sport tex seat pattern.

Originally Posted by eibarra21
found this elsewhere in enlist.. if this is the contrast.. I do like it and .. sport tex.. is this the same sport tex as in the cheap slate grey package?

The standard T black interior ($0) and the T black leather interior package ($4,530) have the same seat center as the Carrera base and S optional sport tex seat center in this photo (but minus the chalk stitching)

Originally Posted by Colt_45
Here are the press photos of the T slate grey interior.

The T gray interior ($2,410), T gray leather interior ($6,930), T green interior ($2,930) and T green leather interior ($6,930) have different bespoke sport tex patterns (as shown above) that is not available on the base, S, or GTS.

Last edited by bzcat; 01-09-2023 at 05:10 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by bzcat:
3RsInCarrera (01-09-2023), balucipher (01-09-2023), Macboy (01-09-2023), SpyderTarga (01-09-2023), toph4242 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:28 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Some additional pics: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1167...l#post16992989
Old 01-09-2023, 05:58 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrDr
This. It looks incredibly easy to replace and I may just keep a spare in the garage if it ever gets to me (and probably won't). And I have a very steep approach on my driveway and all around Seattle for some stupid reason.
A friend just replaced the parts on his 718 spyder. Not sure if FAL was even available but the replacement was quite easy and cheap. Alternatively, we did use the FAL on his GT3 when parking once - weird off-camber spot and caused the car to lift a wheel.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club