Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 02:45 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 896 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by NYFlat6ix
Port arrival date is 3/10/23.

Dealer arrival 3/17/23.
Somehow my port entry date and dealer arrival are both 3/17. I figure there is a lot of chance of delay for dates beyond build completion.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:01 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Just received a call from my OPD - new freeze date is 23rd Jan, build early March, del mid to late March.
Weird because only last week they told me the earliest they will receive a demo is some time in April. You would have thought a busy dealership like this would have prioritised a demo car??
Damn that means gonna need to finally decide on options!
Still no news on Bose apparently
The following 2 users liked this post by Barkat03:
balucipher (01-10-2023), HerrDr (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:06 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 896 Likes on 325 Posts

Yep I just got a call from my SA confirming the new freeze date and going over the rest of the estimated dates, his system also showed some unrealistic dates regarding the port and beyond but told me he only expect a week or so delay to those dates. I also asked about the ADM situation and no change, he said they have not gotten any other T allocations and have a few people in line now.
The following users liked this post:
balucipher (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:15 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

I just missed a call from my SA due to being in a meeting. Something about "complications with European Delivery" this summer. Poop.
balucipher (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:25 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,313 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrDr
I just missed a call from my SA due to being in a meeting. Something about "complications with European Delivery" this summer. Poop.
I'm guessing he'll say wait until September, or give up Euro Delivery IMO
Old 01-10-2023, 04:27 PM
Ty Vil
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
I'm trying to time end of September to coincide with going to the Ryder Cup.
HerrDr (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 05:19 PM
Edward911
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 97 Posts

My freeze date is still 05/02/2023. 🤷

Here's the comparison between my car shown in TYD versus Porsche Configurator. (Excuse the terrible color dithering -- that's the GIF limitation of 8 bit color depth).

The following 2 users liked this post by Edward911:
HerrDr (01-10-2023), tourenwagen (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 06:24 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I'd be happy to wait through September if that meant I could do euro delivery
Old 01-10-2023, 07:51 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

That's most of it. The catch is if I wait it out, I'll have to give up my allocation and possibly go to the end of the line for the next round of allocations (expected in March). Obviously no guarantee of T allocations and a lot of uncertainly with supply and such. It was also speculated on the call that there would be no model year 2024 T's and the next generation/refresh of 911 is either this summer or next (tricky with supply chain issues).

If I take dealer delivery it would roughly be a July/August delivery. Not sure why Porsche won't consider holding this build slot a mere month or so for Euro Delivery.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:41 PM
birdmanf16
Track Day

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPIJWBY7

Hi folks!
I sold my CGTS 4.0 and now I have received an allocation for a 911 T! The CGTS was too small for my wife and she did not like the lack of infotainment and other high-tech goodies she likes. I really enjoyed driving it, (a true driver's car!) but it was pdk, so I felt I was missing out on the true Porsche experience! So, my build does not reflect any restraint whatsoever. I want a nice high-end car for cruising, going to car shows, going to parties and going to the race track. This build should reflect that goal. I also have a Camaro (ZL1 1LE) for the track and have tracked Camaros for many years now, I enjoyed every minute of that experience with the Zl1, z28, SS 1le....all fast drivers cars. I wish I could keep both cars, but for some reason, my better half somehow always notices when I have two fast cars in the garage and she gives me so much grief I have to capitulate and sell one! This time the Camaro is going and the 911 is staying! Please feel free to critique my build. If you notice, only one option adds weight....RAS. I found a previous post that said the RAS added 14 lbs in GT cars, so I imagine that is what we are looking at as well. I paid my deposit and have been told I am #1 on the list at the local dealership, so hopefully, I get the build submitted soon.
Pete
The following 3 users liked this post by birdmanf16:
balucipher (01-10-2023), BaxterPup (01-10-2023), Macboy (01-11-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 08:46 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by birdmanf16
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPIJWBY7

Hi folks!
I sold my CGTS 4.0 and now I have received an allocation for a 911 T! The CGTS was too small for my wife and she did not like the lack of infotainment and other high-tech goodies she likes. I really enjoyed driving it, (a true driver's car!) but it was pdk, so I felt I was missing out on the true Porsche experience! So, my build does not reflect any restraint whatsoever. I want a nice high-end car for cruising, going to car shows, going to parties and going to the race track. This build should reflect that goal. I also have a Camaro (ZL1 1LE) for the track and have tracked Camaros for many years now, I enjoyed every minute of that experience with the Zl1, z28, SS 1le....all fast drivers cars. I wish I could keep both cars, but for some reason, my better half somehow always notices when I have two fast cars in the garage and she gives me so much grief I have to capitulate and sell one! This time the Camaro is going and the 911 is staying! Please feel free to critique my build. If you notice, only one option adds weight....RAS. I found a previous post that said the RAS added 14 lbs in GT cars, so I imagine that is what we are looking at as well. I paid my deposit and have been told I am #1 on the list at the local dealership, so hopefully, I get the build submitted soon.
Pete
Great build. But a number of these options add weight lol, albeit not significant amounts
Old 01-10-2023, 08:54 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

The build looks nice! It made me wonder, what exactly is included in Extended Leather Package? I see it says the following is included, but the picture shows more green stitching on the doors. Is that part of it? And what exactly is the inner door sill guard?

Includes in Smooth-Finish Leather in Black:
  • Inner door-sill guards
  • Fuse box cover (left and right)
  • Interior mirror panel
Old 01-10-2023, 09:00 PM
jonbek
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
I hate RAS. I hate it so much this was the only reason I became a member here to warn people about it. Because I only read positive things. You clearly have not read my very extensive posts here about RAS. I also explained in details which kind of drivers should go for RAS and which drivers should not. That Porsche driving instructor is for me a reason not to go for RAS. On my T I want a mechanical car where the car and me are doing all the driving not some artificial system. Making too many corrections? I want to correct my car in every corner and playing around with that rear. Real driving pleasure. That’s what I am looking for. I have RAS on my 4S but that is a totally different driving car. I love it in that combo.

Did I already say I hate RAS on my T
thanks for this—I went back and read your feedback from your 3 car test. The word in your description that really stuck with me was elastic. I’m trending no RAS as I want a departure from the taycan rather than shades of similar mannerisms. Plenty of time to lock it in (may) but appreciate yours and everyone else’s feedback.
The following 3 users liked this post by jonbek:
Edward911 (01-10-2023), HerrDr (01-10-2023), Macboy (01-11-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 09:18 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,563 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by jonbek
thanks for this—I went back and read your feedback from your 3 car test. The word in your description that really stuck with me was elastic. I’m trending no RAS as I want a departure from the taycan rather than shades of similar mannerisms. Plenty of time to lock it in (may) but appreciate yours and everyone else’s feedback.

RAS has become one of those options I was certain I wanted, and day after day It is slowly creeping into my mind to take a step back and really try to think about how it will impact performance and will it accomplish what I think it will for my T experience.
This is not to convince anyone of yes or no on RAS, but simply to provide some additional data points to the group... over the last two years I participated in the Porsche Performance and the Porsche Masters track schools down at the Barber Motorsports Track in Alabama. These programs are 2-3 day 8hr/day track sessions with 1:1 instruction and an opportunity to really learn racing from current and former Porsche racing drivers. During the program you learn about car control, braking, drifting corners as a way to decrease lap times, and countless other driving techniques. We spent most of the time in Carrera S, GTS and Cayman GT4s... with an occasional morning or afternoon session in a Turbo S. It dawned on me today when I was really starting to question if I actually wanted RAS to call the track experience program and ask them what they optioned on the cars that they use in the program. For all of the Carrera S and GTS vehicles that we drove on track, they said for the last few years they option RAS. I think based on this, I will likely keep it as part of my build because the T is really my opportunity to get back into a manual transmission 911, reduce weight and get as many track days in as possible to become the best driver I can. Buying a manual transmission obviously means I'm not looking for the "best" track times, otherwise Id get a lightly options Carrera S with a PDK and better brakes... I do, however, think the RAS + Manual + Light weight features of the T will give me the experience I'm looking for on track... Its certainly not for everyone, and maybe I'm crazy... but this information helped me make the decision that I think makes the most sense for how I want to set the car up.
Hope this helps others either take it or leave it...
The following 7 users liked this post by toph4242:
BaxterPup (01-10-2023), birdmanf16 (01-10-2023), Edward911 (01-10-2023), HerrDr (01-10-2023), jonbek (01-10-2023), Macboy (01-11-2023), Stespa (01-11-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-10-2023, 10:26 PM
RichJ_cars
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Speaking of RAS, what is the difference between plain RAS and "RAS with sport setup"? The latter is what comes on the GT3 per the standard features list.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club