Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 07:01 PM
norcal992
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

For the option <Model Designation Changed to "911">, does anyone know what color will the "911" script be? It seems to be Satin Black in the main configurator image, but if you click on the "show more information" icon beside the option, it seems to be Agate Grey

Last edited by norcal992; 01-09-2023 at 07:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by norcal992:
minh (01-17-2023), toph4242 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:18 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by norcal992
For the option <Model Designation Changed to "911">, does anyone know what color will the "911" script be? It seems to be Satin Black in the main configurator image, but if you click on the "show more information" icon beside the option, it seems to be Agate Grey

On my 718 they came Agate Grey to match the mirror caps
The following 2 users liked this post by balucipher:
3RsInCarrera (01-09-2023), Scott P (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:18 PM
Ethos_of_the_T
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
I just got confirmation my 992 T will arrive at the dealer end of February. Good news !

I was also just in time to change 1 new option that I have not seen before. Because I have the Race-Tex rooflining and sunvisors I added this part as well. Anyone seen this before?

I secretly am a huge fan of Race-Tex and think this is fantastic! Perhaps one day down the line I will be fortunate enough to order another new 911 and I will go crazy with leather and Race_Tex. Can’t wait to see your pics when you get your T! 👍🏻
The following users liked this post:
Macboy (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:19 PM
jonbek
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 259 Posts

New forum member and T allocation holder and car on order; May the build locks and July it delivers. I'm coming from the electric side of the Porsche garage, and so this will be a fun change, and I'm looking forward to all the discussions here with everyone.

Admittedly, I'm feeling like a bit of an outlier here after reading nearly all of this thread; I spec'd FAL and RAS. I live in Chicago and I drive a Taycan 4CT. We have so many one way roads in the city with speed bumps, that you only get the head-on approach so I figure FAL is a must, as the Taycan scrapes everything in its low suspension setting. I chose RAS for many of the same reasons, driving and parking in the city just seemed like it would be more fun with RAS than without. That being said if people shout RAS is useless at low speeds and in the city, then please share that opinion as its a $2,000 option after all. I am now second-guessing surround view and folding mirrors. I spec'd that based off the Taycan but if the 992 rear camera is just as bad as the Taycan, then I'll likely delete it and save the $1,800. I would be curious to hear what people think re. Surround View or good old-fashioned parking without a camera. Otherwise I didn't choose any of the comfort and assistance options, as I have all of then in the Taycan and it's overwhelming in an irritating sense.

All of that being said, if I cancelled RAS and Surround View/Folding mirrors, it wouldn't be a big leap to adding Burmester which is really the only thing I want—but don't have. Seems like the base system is going to be terrible from what I've read here. The Taycan Bose is pretty great, particularly since the car is so quiet when you have the optional quiet/insulated glass. I did read an interesting comment here that the car is going to be loud enough that there really is no point worrying about the base system and or perhaps even the Bose upgrade. So I do have to ask, is Burmester worth chasing for the T, and is it worth cancelling RAS/SS/FM? I admittedly do like music and driving with music for me, particularly with the PCM and Car Play, is an integral part of the experience.

Full Build

The following 5 users liked this post by jonbek:
Barkat03 (01-10-2023), BaxterPup (01-09-2023), Edward911 (01-09-2023), Macboy (01-09-2023), toph4242 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:33 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,522 Likes on 5,052 Posts

Originally Posted by jonbek
New forum member and T allocation holder and car on order; May the build locks and July it delivers. I'm coming from the electric side of the Porsche garage, and so this will be a fun change, and I'm looking forward to all the discussions here with everyone.

Admittedly, I'm feeling like a bit of an outlier here after reading nearly all of this thread; I spec'd FAL and RAS. I live in Chicago and I drive a Taycan 4CT. We have so many one way roads in the city with speed bumps, that you only get the head-on approach so I figure FAL is a must, as the Taycan scrapes everything in its low suspension setting. I chose RAS for many of the same reasons, driving and parking in the city just seemed like it would be more fun with RAS than without. That being said if people shout RAS is useless at low speeds and in the city, then please share that opinion as its a $2,000 option after all. I am now second-guessing surround view and folding mirrors. I spec'd that based off the Taycan but if the 992 rear camera is just as bad as the Taycan, then I'll likely delete it and save the $1,800. I would be curious to hear what people think re. Surround View or good old-fashioned parking without a camera. Otherwise I didn't choose any of the comfort and assistance options, as I have all of then in the Taycan and it's overwhelming in an irritating sense.

All of that being said, if I cancelled RAS and Surround View/Folding mirrors, it wouldn't be a big leap to adding Burmester which is really the only thing I want—but don't have. Seems like the base system is going to be terrible from what I've read here. The Taycan Bose is pretty great, particularly since the car is so quiet when you have the optional quiet/insulated glass. I did read an interesting comment here that the car is going to be loud enough that there really is no point worrying about the base system and or perhaps even the Bose upgrade. So I do have to ask, is Burmester worth chasing for the T, and is it worth cancelling RAS/SS/FM? I admittedly do like music and driving with music for me, particularly with the PCM and Car Play, is an integral part of the experience.

Full Build
RE: Surround view. You really should not need surround view on a car like the 911. A boat like the Panamera or Taycan? Maybe. A 911? No. Especially when outward and rear visibility is so good on the 911.

RE: RAS. Personally, if I was spec'ing a T, I would not option it. It ruins the ethos of the T (which to me is back to basics, no frills, lightweight car). And, no RAS most definitely does not make driving around town "more fun" (not even sure what that means to be honest).

RE: Burmester. If you're an audiophile, you will hate it. Not because the Burm is a bad system, but because of the sound deadening in the 911, or the lack of it. And more so in the T, which is supposed to have even less than a regular 911.
The following 6 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
6sigma (01-09-2023), esmo (01-10-2023), Ethos_of_the_T (01-09-2023), HerrDr (01-09-2023), Macboy (01-09-2023), SupraSaiyan (01-10-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:35 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Full Build
Congrats on your order! Note that the T (and all new cars since 2015, I believe) will have a reversing camera as standard. I think, also, that a 911 will be easier to park and navigate than a CT (love the Cross Turismo, by the way!).

What are you looking for in your T? Is it meant to be fun, raw, light drivers' car with your Taycan as your commuter? I ask since you've already got some nice creature comforts in your Taycan and may consider focusing on performance options on the T. Everyone has something different in mind for use case, so consider what you really see the T serving for you.

I have my Macan pretty loaded up with all sorts of comforts (air suspension, 18-way seats, ventilation, heated wheel, full leather everywhere, etc) and so see my order for my T as a lightweight car just for driving pleasure. I'm uncertain (going back and forth on it at least a couple times a week) on the RAS since I know it will deviate from the 911 feel I've grown to love. Maybe for the better. Or maybe unsettlingly.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:47 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I'm meeting my SA on Thursday to look at certain options in person and pick his brain about things. I'm sure you could do the same with yours and see if they have cars you can listen to the base and Burmester on, try RAS vs no RAS, check out surround view on etc. If they have absolutely no inventory, I guess it might be worth checking out turo or your local PCA group to see if someone will meet up with you to show you their car with an option you're considering
toph4242 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:34 PM
BaxterPup
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 68 Posts

Full Build
Congratulations on your allocation!

Regarding Surround View, the only reason I'm spec'ing is due to a tight garage. It's going in a spot where an Audi S3 or A4 Avant normally sit next to a Macan S. I have such tight gaps on either side that I felt Surround View was the only way. If you're not dealing with that kind of space limitation, as others have mentioned, the backup camera and good visibility in the 992 may be enough for you.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:48 PM
rokkerkory
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 172 Posts

I have a small 1 car garage as well and live in SoCali where spaces are tight. In parking lots, I prefer to park with curb on one side to protect against door dings as much as possible, so surround view is a must.
BaxterPup (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:55 PM
bzcat
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

Full Build
Surround view comes with front camera which I think is cheap insurance to make sure you don't destroy your front bumper on those stupid parking stump blocks.

I have RAS on my Panamera and it helps with tight turns which you obviously also have experience in your Taycan. But I'm not planning to get it on my T because I think it will do just fine on tight turns. I wouldn't necessary get it to add more "fun" to your parking maneuvers... I think of RAS in the same category as FAL, get it if you need it. Skip it if you don't.

I listen to music when I drive too but there is no way I would spend 4.5% of MSRP on a sound system. I do have Burmester on my Panamera so I know how good it sounds... but I bought my Panamera used after someone already ate the depreciation on the Burmester. There are more things that will enhance my enjoyment of 911T for that money than Burmester.

Last edited by bzcat; 01-09-2023 at 08:57 PM.
Macboy (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 09:25 PM
Edward911
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 97 Posts

Hi ​​​@jonbek ! I'm also going Taycan (4S) --> 992 Carrera T. My logic is (to use some pseudo-code for the techies here):

if (Bose is Available)
then options = [Bose, RAS, Surround View]
else options = [Burmester]

I agree that the Bose audio system in the Taycan is quite is quite good; I think it's the best Bose audio system I've heard in any vehicle! See this video if you haven't already:

The Burmester audio is overkill over a driver-focused 911, however, I couldn't live with the base audio system. If / when Bose becomes available, I'll change my build over to it. Freeing up $4K will then allow me to spec RAS and Surround View. I haven't heard anyone hate RAS; a Porsche Driving instructor tells me that drivers calling it "unpredictable" are likely making too many mid-corner corrections, and RAS magnifies any unsmooth steering inputs. I prefer having Surround View, especially when needing to parallel park in the city and needing to watch the curb and the cars front & back.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:29 PM
Edward911
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for sharing the up-close photo, @bzcat !

Here are some more Sport-Tex photos from a 992 Carrera S with 4 ways (and deviated stitching in Chalk) that my dealer just took on trade. Sitting in it, the material is very grippy yet comfortable. I'd compare it to any nice ballistic nylon bag. I am going with this option instead of ventilated seats with leather centers.

The following 3 users liked this post by Edward911:
Macboy (01-10-2023), renn.tp (01-09-2023), rokkerkory (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 09:40 PM
rokkerkory
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward911
Thanks for sharing the up-close photo, @bzcat !

Here are some more Sport-Tex photos from a 992 Carrera S with 4 ways (and deviated stitching in Chalk) that my dealer just took on trade. Sitting in it, the material is very grippy yet comfortable. I'd compare it to any nice ballistic nylon bag. I am going with this option instead of ventilated seats with leather centers.

looks extremely sexy
Old 01-09-2023, 09:57 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Received 556 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rokkerkory
looks extremely sexy
Agree - I prefer it over the T-specific inserts
Old 01-09-2023, 10:23 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Just FYI, was speaking with my SA and he mentioned they just got a not yet allocated Spyder and 911T, if anyone's looking. Seriously great guy to work with. George Bautista at Porsche Englewood in NJ.
toph4242 (01-10-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club