Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 08:45 AM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
I have never once said EPA delays don't happen, thus that is not my argument. Clearly they do, and clearly Porsche has a history with them (documented all over Rennlist for various models/years).

I have said on several occasions, transparency is what I believe could be done differently and would make a world of difference in this situation. Maybe we'd have a shorter thread here.

Read my posts before you ignorantly jump into the argument; it seems you don't have anything constructive to say
When I pointed to many well documented delays across other brands, you responded that you and your friends haven't had this experience. It seemed like you were suggesting this is a Porsche specific problem, hence my comment.

I went back and read through your posts and only see general comments about transparency. Porsche has been fully transparent with me. That's why I asked if your dealer didn't share target dates and the fact that they are by no means a guarantee.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:50 AM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
So what happens when it comes out that Porsche didn’t submit the EPA application for the 992’s until the last couple of weeks? That doesn’t seem like the blame goes on the EPA when cars have been at ports for months.
If that happened it'd be a little different story. I wouldn't personally be that upset, but frustration would be more founded. I think we'd more likely get compensation from Porsche and some people at Porsche would probably lose their job. Porsche does not want 10s of millions of inventory sitting idle.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:53 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,653 Likes on 2,078 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStanman
Many of us have our gripes with Porsche. This is just not one of them because:
-EPA delays are a well documented occurence
-Porsche has no control on the delay
-Porsche communicates all target dates they do have
​​​​​-It happens for all brands and none of them have a better solution

My gripe is with the EPA, not Porsche. The gripes I do have with Porsche are about things they can control, not things that are beyond my control that are ****ty for both me and Porsche.
2021 Porsche Certificates are being approved by the EPA about 1 week after submission. This is all public information posted directly on their site.

Related, it also appears the document posting lags the process and perhaps is related to the requested commercial date.

2021 Spyders are likewise sitting in port along with 992s. The 4 Dec on sale date has been known since at least last summer when orders were submitted.

This is all about Porsche managing product flow...IMHO.

Check the docs!
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 10:08 AM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
2021 Porsche Certificates are being approved by the EPA about 1 week after submission. This is all public information posted directly on their site.

Related, it also appears the document posting lags the process and perhaps is related to the requested commercial date.

2021 Spyders are likewise sitting in port along with 992s. The 4 Dec on sale date has been known since at least last summer when orders were submitted.

This is all about Porsche managing product flow...IMHO.

Check the docs!
I agree with you, except it's not just Porsche, but all other manufacturers, and they all call it "EPA delay".
Old 11-04-2020, 11:12 AM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

14 August 2020:

EPA lab closure hits vehicle testing, enforcement

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063711717

In addition, the following is noted..so, one might think the EPA gives closure scrutiny to those caught cheating, albeit 5 years ago, which includes some Porsche models (if memory serves me). .

“The Volkswagen AG emissions cheating scandal was a "wake-up call" for the lab, said Alson, who worked at the agency for 40 years before retiring in 2018.

The scandal began in 2014, when researchers with the International Council on Clean Transportation found that VW had cheated on emissions tests for 11 million diesel cars.

In particular, the researchers found the VW vehicles had nitrogen oxides (NOx) emissions that were 40 times higher in real-world driving conditions than in laboratory tests.”

Old 11-04-2020, 11:18 AM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Has anyone read the latest edition of Panorama? There is mention of new emissions issues with Porsche cars from 2013.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:22 AM
comis_hq
Instructor

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
14 August 2020:

EPA lab closure hits vehicle testing, enforcement

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063711717

In addition, the following is noted..so, one might think the EPA gives closure scrutiny to those caught cheating, albeit 5 years ago, which includes some Porsche models (if memory serves me). .

“The Volkswagen AG emissions cheating scandal was a "wake-up call" for the lab, said Alson, who worked at the agency for 40 years before retiring in 2018.

The scandal began in 2014, when researchers with the International Council on Clean Transportation found that VW had cheated on emissions tests for 11 million diesel cars.

In particular, the researchers found the VW vehicles had nitrogen oxides (NOx) emissions that were 40 times higher in real-world driving conditions than in laboratory tests.”
https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/us-...-mercedes-benz

Next, BMW....
Old 11-04-2020, 11:54 AM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by comis_hq

Doubtful. Cars affected in the VW emission scandal were diesel car, I believe. BMW imports very few diesel cars into the US, and BMW discontinued importing diesel cars into the US at the end of the 2018 model year. Current investigation of BMW cars involve diesels in Germany, up to and including model year 2018.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/18/1...cedes-benz-bmw

In sharp contrast to the emissions cheaters at VW and Mercedes -

By comparison, BMW has little to worry about. Although dozens of prosecutors and police officers raided the company’s headquarters in Munich this spring (something that happened to Daimler and VW much earlier), they didn’t find evidence of any major crimes. According to a recent report by daily Süddeutsche Zeitung that cited numbers of Germany’s Ministry of Transport, about 8,000 BMW diesel cars were equipped with inadmissible systems (incorrect software) to shut down emission controls. The company says this was caused by “human error.” In the end, BMW might only have to pay a $12 million fine.”
Old 11-04-2020, 12:15 PM
comis_hq
Instructor

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Doubtful. Cars affected in the VW emission scandal were diesel car, I believe. BMW imports very few diesel cars into the US, and BMW discontinued importing diesel cars into the US at the end of the 2018 model year. Current investigation of BMW cars involve diesels in Germany, up to and including model year 2018.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/18/1...cedes-benz-bmw

In sharp contrast to the emissions cheaters at VW and Mercedes -

By comparison, BMW has little to worry about. Although dozens of prosecutors and police officers raided the company’s headquarters in Munich this spring (something that happened to Daimler and VW much earlier), they didn’t find evidence of any major crimes. According to a recent report by daily Süddeutsche Zeitung that cited numbers of Germany’s Ministry of Transport, about 8,000 BMW diesel cars were equipped with inadmissible systems (incorrect software) to shut down emission controls. The company says this was caused by “human error.” In the end, BMW might only have to pay a $12 million fine.”
Just googled BMW, and I got these in 2 min...

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...-class-action/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious...ry?id=60843215
Old 11-04-2020, 12:33 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by comis_hq

Good for you. You can Google. Your point? What does this have to do with EPA investigations or delays regarding emissions? I assume that’s what we are talking about? The crooks at VW and Mercedes have been caught trying to cheat emissions requirements, and have to pay billions...the only emissions issue with BMW is happening in Germany, on a very small number of diesel cars, and it was deemed that the issue was not malicious, intentional or criminal. Not the case with the crooks at either VW or Mercedes.

You made the assertion that BMW was next? So “where’s the beef”? Who knows, they may be...but without some proof, prob shouldn’t speculate. But that’s just me.

Oh, and If you want to talk about class action law suites (irrelevant to this thread), why not start with the grand-daddy of them all....Audi’s “unintended acceleration” fiasco, that almost forced them to close their doors. Personally, I thought it was a nice business/marketing touch by Audi execs to blame the US consumer.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-04-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:25 PM
Rare9
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

From PECLA just now:

"Our team wanted to send an update on the certification and your PEC LA Delivery.

We received word that 911 certification has been delayed and is now anticipated on 11/13.

Due to the delay, we will not be able to keep your current delivery date.

Please let me know if one of the dates below will work for your schedule."
Old 11-04-2020, 01:27 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I don't think you get it. We don't care that you're sour - you've made that point and you're not going to change - we're just tired of hearing about it. Fine, you're sour....how about being quietly sour? Save your posts for meaningful conversation.
Waaaaa. This is a thread of 50+ pages of people, for the most part, complaining. I voiced my opinion and defended myself. Deal with it bro.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:29 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by norberts
From PECLA just now:

"Our team wanted to send an update on the certification and your PEC LA Delivery.

We received word that 911 certification has been delayed and is now anticipated on 11/13.

Due to the delay, we will not be able to keep your current delivery date.

Please let me know if one of the dates below will work for your schedule."
Good info. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

One way to get people to go away is to just ignore them.
The following 3 users liked this post by Russian Mafia:
comis_hq (11-04-2020), dribar (11-04-2020), markchristenson (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 02:19 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Waaaaa. This is a thread of 50+ pages of people, for the most part, complaining. I voiced my opinion and defended myself. Deal with it bro.
Indeed, ad nauseum.
The following 2 users liked this post by gravedgr:
aggie57 (11-04-2020), markchristenson (11-04-2020)

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?