Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

^^ Well said.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:13 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by craig66
@CodyBigdog Never trust a South African especially one that scuba dives and next time you see him tell him: Voetsek, Gaan Kak in die mielies. I am sure it will get you an extra percent or two discount

Come to think of it I'm a South African Scuba diver who swims with sharks outside of cages although when it comes to whites not always by choice !!!!!

I enjoyed your post, and with your permission, I would like to share it with my SA. He might get a good chuckle, even if he doesn’t;’t give me a bigger discount?
Old 11-03-2020, 06:19 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

RE: “However, I also realized that I was being self-important and arrogant and that I mishandled the manner in which I engaged with them, and some people helped me see that which allowed me to rekindle my appreciate for the brand.”

Don’t take this the wrong way, Mark, but that sounds a LOT what my ex-wife said to me during marriage therapy. LOL. It really does. You wouldn’t be a marriage counselor, would ya?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:33 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
RE: “However, I also realized that I was being self-important and arrogant and that I mishandled the manner in which I engaged with them, and some people helped me see that which allowed me to rekindle my appreciate for the brand.”

Don’t take this the wrong way, Mark, but that sounds a LOT what my ex-wife said to me during marriage therapy. LOL. It really does. You wouldn’t be a marriage counselor, would ya?
Nope--not even close :-) Part of it is realizing how little I know the older I get. I was so certain of things when I was younger and now I am much less certain!

Last edited by markchristenson; 11-03-2020 at 06:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 06:38 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
No offense, but you're having a different conversation. Just because people have had no issues doesn't mean issues don't exist, and the fact that there are issues was supported by TheStanMan's post as a way of sharing perspective (he wasn't, I don't believe, trying to change your mind about your personal experience).

And I don't think ANYBODY on this thread is suggesting that this experience is "okay".

And who told you to run along? Nobody. Two people suggested that maybe, for your own benefit, if this was going to sour your ownership experience then consider not taking delivery of the car. It's interesting to see how you interpreted that, because I think it was two different people suggesting that nothing is so important you need to have it and it's no big deal if you decide this has soured you on the brand.

It is amusing to me how some people, who are unbelievably privileged (i.e., every single person on this board who can afford to buy a new 911), focus on certain, negative aspects instead of having a broader perspective.

And you are right, I don't know you. If you doing you means you want to dig in your heels so you can be pissed off by all means knock yourself out. Similarly, I'll keep trying to suggest that a car just isn't worth getting pissed off over. I took Porsche to arbitration with the BBB about 20 years ago and that certainly soured my taste for the brand. However, I also realized that I was being self-important and arrogant and that I mishandled the manner in which I engaged with them, and some people helped me see that, which allowed me to rekindle my appreciation for the brand. While I have that appreciation, I also know that ultimately they (the cars) will end up on the junk heap just like everything other material item, and it's not worth the brain damage to hold on too much to things I can't control (Porsche's communication or lack thereof, the EPA's approval process, how much PAG/PCNA interact with dealers, etc., etc.).

Peace,

Mark
"Two people suggested that maybe, for your own benefit, if this was going to sour your ownership experience then consider not taking delivery of the car."

​​​​​I'm pretty sure that's a nice way of saying run along. Thanks for the speech Pops. Riveting.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:41 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
"Two people suggested that maybe, for your own benefit, if this was going to sour your ownership experience then consider not taking delivery of the car."

​​​​​I'm pretty sure that's a nice way of saying run along. Thanks for the speech Pops. Riveting.
I think you and I are (basically) on the same page.

As an aside, a good buddy of mine owns and tracks his GR3 and Cayman S. Once in a while he invites me to ride along and meet the group. I have to say that everyone I have met on the various track days that I have attended, are wonderful people. Some on here seem like they need to defend Porsche’s integrity. It’s your experience, not there’s. But those I met on track days don’t hold back with their gripes about Porsche.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2020 at 06:51 PM.
LifesAnesthesia (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 07:15 PM
undefinederror
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Just got my DMV registration documents and wiring instructions delivered since I told my SA I don’t want to go there to sign documents. Guess very good sign the car will be released on Nov.6th? I’m based on Boston in case you are wondering.
The following 4 users liked this post by undefinederror:
mdrobc1213 (11-03-2020), MVRK (11-04-2020), photonscience (11-03-2020), tfcoll (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 07:21 PM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia

I think it'd be helpful if you suggested what you think Porsche could do differently. Did your dealer not share EPA's target dates and tell you they are beyond their control?

It seems your main argument is that you don't believe EPA delays happen and that this is a unique situation because you and some friends haven't had issues.
​​​​

Last edited by TheStanman; 11-03-2020 at 07:23 PM.
markchristenson (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 07:29 PM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Some on here seem like they need to defend Porsche’s integrity. It’s your experience, not there’s. But those I met on track days don’t hold back with their gripes about Porsche.
Many of us have our gripes with Porsche. This is just not one of them because:
-EPA delays are a well documented occurence
-Porsche has no control on the delay
-Porsche communicates all target dates they do have
​​​​​-It happens for all brands and none of them have a better solution

My gripe is with the EPA, not Porsche. The gripes I do have with Porsche are about things they can control, not things that are beyond my control that are ****ty for both me and Porsche.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:35 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStanman
I think it'd be helpful if you suggested what you think Porsche could do differently. Did your dealer not share EPA's target dates and tell you they are beyond their control?

It seems your main argument is that you don't believe EPA delays happen and that this is a unique situation because you and some friends haven't had issues.
​​​​
I have never once said EPA delays don't happen, thus that is not my argument. Clearly they do, and clearly Porsche has a history with them (documented all over Rennlist for various models/years).

I have said on several occasions, transparency is what I believe could be done differently and would make a world of difference in this situation. Maybe we'd have a shorter thread here.

Read my posts before you ignorantly jump into the argument; it seems you don't have anything constructive to say

Last edited by LifesAnesthesia; 11-03-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:17 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

My gripe is with the EPA, not Porsche. The gripes I do have with Porsche are about things they can control, not things that are beyond my control that are ****ty for both me and Porsche.

What happens “for all brands”? If you are suggesting that all brands have lengthy delays in delivery...I say not my experience.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

So what happens when it comes out that Porsche didn’t submit the EPA application for the 992’s until the last couple of weeks? That doesn’t seem like the blame goes on the EPA when cars have been at ports for months.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:33 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Anesthesia - The focus of my companies are on classified communication technologies for DoD. One on hardware and the other on communications software. I too am a EE. My youngest son (in Seattle) is EECS working for Google. Chicago son is a VP at a major bank. He chose wisely. His bonuses are much more than my total gross...although I am building equity, and he isn’t,. Both boys are very different and our thanksgiving gatherings are very diverse.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:40 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Something must be wrong with me - MY2021 delivery

Clearly something must be wrong with me compared to many/most other posters:

- I have not assumed sloth, mischief or intentional delay by EPA, CARB, NHTSA, PCNA or PAG
- I have not assumed intentional concealment of delivery dates or clearance progress by PCNA or PAG

I ordered my 992TurboS in March and traded in my 991.1 Targa at that time. It never occurred to me (then or now or any other time) that there would be a fixed or firmly predictable delivery date for my MY2021 992TurboS.

Why is it that so many others are so upset about delivery timing - were you SPECIFICALLY PROMISED DELIVERY dates that have not been met??

Who EXACTLY promised or implied a promise that has not been fulfilled?

My MY2021 TurboS will get here when it gets here - of course sooner is better than later, but I see NO reason to get cranky with anyone as a result. Of course, more and clearer/more timely communication would be better - but I don’t see why PAG/PCNA should be criticized when it MAY well be that EPA/CARB/NHTSA are or may be responsible for unanticipated and unpredictable delays, and may well have their own (good) reasons for the approval delays and may well not have provide any guidance on possible timing.
The following 2 users liked this post by peterdouglas:
gymdent (11-03-2020), TheStanman (11-04-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 09:16 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
LOL an 11/6 release equates to a 11/26 delivery with an early Christmas registration? Where TF do you live, in the middle of Death Valley? Shipping doesn’t take 3 weeks from Florida to California (trust me I’ve run some Automotive buyers rep agencies), and port access should be closer than that...plus registration takes literally no time if your dealer is half competent...Theres a huge difference between being realistically patient and flippant with far from accurate expectations that could likely freaking some people out, so I’ll just say for most people in this thread: always ask you SA but most will have their cars around a week to a week and a half after release...And if you’re near a port like me, 7 days is certainly feasible.
Correct dude you DON't know where I am or live...so your comment is misplaced. Car sits in port at San Diego and even when released must wait for another ship to be loaded and sent to me here in HI. That can take either 1 -2 weeks depending on shipping schedule. Also then need vehicle registered via mail to my home state as I am not a HI resident...thus am giving the car 3 weeks min to get to me and be ready for delivery given MY circumstances and now a 11/13 release! If I get my car around or after Thanksgiving that would be great however 2 weeks later possible too. It arrives when it does.

As for freaking people out or being flippant...dude it IS a car and there is NOTHING you can do to push it forward at this point one way or another or control that process. It's between PC NA and the US Govt at this point so hopefully most dealers and SA's are competent and will get their clients their cars via the fastest and safest means possible....that is the expectation. If you're close to a port then that's gravy in that you should get your car within 48hr of release and transport one would expect. But as stated with so many factors beyond your control or mine...no way to predict this at this point. We all ordered cars and as I've been told before when I've ordered a Porsche and a BMW before delivery dates ARE flexible. I suggest you keep in contact with your SA and prepare for your delivery when they call...if not and its that bad a problem for someone mentally or physically or for whatever reason just cancel your order and/or buy off the lot. Not worth the additional stress IMHO.

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 11-03-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?