Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 03:31 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
My guess is the Porsche dealership/sales rep. Current allocations with builds about to lock in both my area and So. Cal are showing February delivery.

I have heard (but not verified) that dealerships in colder climates, like where I live, get fewer allocations for cars like 911’s, but more SUV models?
Old 11-03-2020, 03:42 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
I have heard (but not verified) that dealerships in colder climates, like where I live, get fewer allocations for cars like 911’s, but more SUV models?
I'm sorry but there is no way that explains your timeline from the dealer...With people putting in orders a couple weeks ago receiving delivery dates of Feb 21, unless you have a TTS coming, it doesn't add up. Not calling BS on your story, but more so on the timeline being at all reasonable in any way...
Old 11-03-2020, 03:44 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
I'm sorry but there is no way that explains your timeline from the dealer...With people putting in orders a couple weeks ago receiving delivery dates of Feb 21, unless you have a TTS coming, it doesn't add up. Not calling BS on your story, but more so on the timeline being at all reasonable in any way...
Yeah I'm confused too
Old 11-03-2020, 03:50 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Who said it was my story? Just something I heard...didn’t say I believed it? As I said a few posts up, the only explain I have heard, that makes sense to me, is my allocation getting bumped because someone else came in after me, and was willing to pay full price. I think the jerking is at my dealership, not the mother ship.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:52 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

My fellow Hawks fan doesn't have an actual allocation yet...he just has a 'spot' in line...and dealer keeps stringing along...I suggested walking and shopping elsewhere but he doesn't have urgency in the timing and is OK with the undefined wait for now.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

we are all very frustrated: Covid delays, emissions delays, low production, scarcity of allocations, and the resulting inflexibility on discounts by the dealer
The following 2 users liked this post by Vintage72:
mdrobc1213 (11-03-2020), Russian Mafia (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 03:55 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by gohawks23
My fellow Hawks fan doesn't have an actual allocation yet...he just has a 'spot' in line...and dealer keeps stringing along...I suggested walking and shopping elsewhere but he doesn't have urgency in the timing and is OK with the undefined wait for now.
I have looked at other dealerships...but they all lie/exaggerate...so, the question becomes: Do I jump to another dealership who promises me an allocation (name your date)? I guess I could find out the truth as to why...by rescinding my 6% discount? Maybe then, my allotment will mysteriously appear? LOL.

The bottom line for me, as you stated, is I am not in a real rush at this point.... as we enter the Winter months.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2020 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by iamwingman
So many times?. We haven’t had the first time yet.
My point was if they don’t have control over resolution and don’t know when that is, it could lead to that.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:58 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Who said it was my story? As I said a few posts up, the only explain I have heard, that makes sense to me, is my allocation getting bumped because someone else came in after me, and was willing to pay full price. I think the jerking is at my dealership, not the mother ship.
Some how I knew there would be an attempt to take offense from that comment, when it was in no way intended that nature. My point was more so that the timeline should be unacceptable as it makes no sense and delaying you 6 months+ over 6% is far from a reasonable explanation. Knowing that you could likely cancel your order, place a new one and receive the car months before the predicted drivers date you currently have, I simply question why you have continued to stick with this dealer and their allocation...
Old 11-03-2020, 04:02 PM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Im not sure there's "blame" that needs to be cast upon Porsche. I just believe they could handle the situation much better. As I'm sure any rational minded person would believe as well.

There is a 45+ page thread revolving around all of us all trying to find and comprehend elusive information about where our cars are because we are getting no where with Porsche or our dealers - does that not seem to indicate information is limited and/or being poorly distributed? Does this thread not indicate that people are unhappy with the situation and how it's being handled? I don't see many posts on this 45+ page thread where people are applauding Porsche's efforts in handling the situation.
What do you wish Porsche did differently? When I ordered my car (early Sept build slot) my dealer said hopefully by end of year. Then few weeks later they said EPA target date is early October. That date came and they said date got pushed back to early Nov, let's cross our fingers that will happen.

I guess one option is Porsche can be less transparent and sandbag estimates. Personally I'd prefer them just sharing what they know.

Unfortunately your options are to accept this is a risk or not order a new MY year. The fact that were fortunate with a few orders in the past doesn't change that.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:03 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Some how I knew there would be an attempt to take offense from that comment, when it was in no way intended that nature. My point was more so that the timeline should be unacceptable as it makes no sense and delaying you 6 months+ over 6% is far from a reasonable explanation. Knowing that you could likely cancel your order, place a new one and receive the car months before the predicted drivers date you currently have, I simply question why you have continued to stick with this dealer and their allocation...
Oh, had you asked that question before, I could have told you. I like my local sales rep. He is from South Africa, and like myself, is an avid scuba diver. We both share similar experience with encounters with Whites, while diving. He showed me his vids and I showed him mine. It’s a select group that has been around whites outside of a protective cage.

Is he lying to me? I have no proof that he is. Might he be bumping my position in the line? Perhaps? But for the immediate future, I’m OK with that. But come May, I won’t be...and have told him so,

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2020 at 04:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MVRK (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 04:16 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

I have looked at other dealerships...but they all lie/exaggerate...so, the question becomes: Do I jump to another dealership who promises me an allocation (name your date)? I guess I could find out the truth as to why...by rescinding my 6% discount? Maybe then, my allotment will mysteriously appear? LOL.

The bottom line for me, as you stated, is I am not in a real rush at this point.... as we enter the Winter months.
Yep, after I learned the game more I made them show me the V200 status off their system before I would even negotiate so I knew it was real.
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 04:38 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Yep, after I learned the game more I made them show me the V200 status off their system before I would even negotiate so I knew it was real.
Color me naive. I’ve owned several BMW’s Jags and Lexus...and never had to play a game like this when purchasing cars costing more than $75K. As the owner of two high tech businesses, the only “games” I play are in negotiating the prices for products and services. But patience is a virtue. Assuming I don’t die of COVID before i get my 992, it’s all good.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:22 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

Oh, had you asked that question before, I could have told you. I like my local sales rep. He is from South Africa, and like myself, is an avid scuba diver. We both share similar experience with encounters with Whites, while diving. He showed me his vids and I showed him mine. It’s a select group that has been around whites outside of a protective cage.

Is he lying to me? I have no proof that he is. Might he be bumping my position in the line? Perhaps? But for the immediate future, I’m OK with that. But come May, I won’t be...and have told him so,
@CodyBigdog Never trust a South African especially one that scuba dives and next time you see him tell him: Voetsek, Gaan Kak in die mielies. I am sure it will get you an extra percent or two discount

Come to think of it I'm a South African Scuba diver who swims with sharks outside of cages although when it comes to whites not always by choice !!!!!
Old 11-03-2020, 05:46 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Yikes. People seem to be brainwashed here. I've had great experiences across multiple brands and know several people who have had no issues whatsoever across multiple orders and brands with ordering several cars. That's cool you guys can show there are similar issues with other brands - truly cool. So sample sizes seem to be pretty similar there.

Regardless, whether or not this type of experience is "common" it doesn't make it ok. It doesn't fix the fact that this has been handled incredibly poorly by Porsche.

Telling me that I need to run along because my opinion will be soured seems quite childish. You don't know me lol
No offense, but you're having a different conversation. Just because people have had no issues doesn't mean issues don't exist, and the fact that there are issues was supported by TheStanMan's post as a way of sharing perspective (he wasn't, I don't believe, trying to change your mind about your personal experience).

And I don't think ANYBODY on this thread is suggesting that this experience is "okay".

And who told you to run along? Nobody. Two people suggested that maybe, for your own benefit, if this was going to sour your ownership experience then consider not taking delivery of the car. It's interesting to see how you interpreted that, because I think it was two different people suggesting that nothing is so important you need to have it and it's no big deal if you decide this has soured you on the brand.

It is amusing to me how some people, who are unbelievably privileged (i.e., every single person on this board who can afford to buy a new 911), focus on certain, negative aspects instead of having a broader perspective.

And you are right, I don't know you. If you doing you means you want to dig in your heels so you can be pissed off by all means knock yourself out. Similarly, I'll keep trying to suggest that a car just isn't worth getting pissed off over. I took Porsche to arbitration with the BBB about 20 years ago and that certainly soured my taste for the brand. However, I also realized that I was being self-important and arrogant and that I mishandled the manner in which I engaged with them, and some people helped me see that, which allowed me to rekindle my appreciation for the brand. While I have that appreciation, I also know that ultimately they (the cars) will end up on the junk heap just like everything other material item, and it's not worth the brain damage to hold on too much to things I can't control (Porsche's communication or lack thereof, the EPA's approval process, how much PAG/PCNA interact with dealers, etc., etc.).

Peace,

Mark

Last edited by markchristenson; 11-03-2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Typos
The following 9 users liked this post by markchristenson:
gravedgr (11-03-2020), Helios59 (11-03-2020), inastrangeland (11-03-2020), mdrobc1213 (11-03-2020), Rare9 (11-03-2020), SBAD (11-03-2020), T3X4S (11-03-2020), tfcoll (11-03-2020), TheStanman (11-03-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?