Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 12:27 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts

My TYD delivery date to the dealer moved today from 11/13 to 11/27 on my wife's 992 base. It landed in San Diego on the boat yesterday. My last car took 2 days from boat landing to the dealer in AZ. So much be a good EPA hold up or sometihng.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:31 AM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Faded9
I'm probably being paranoid. My car arrived in SD 10/9 and was on Port Processing status in TYD since then. TYD updated it to Port Processing competed on 11/2 and they changed the delivery date to 11/13 at the same time. Prior to that deliver was estimated as 11/6.

I just initially assumed that they were slow in updating TYD. But since I have nothing to do but sit around and wait the last month now I'm worried that it really took that much time for port processing. Which means possibly there was damage that needed repair? Otherwise would Port Processing time should have been wayyy shorter right?
My car arrived to port on 9/30 and TYD updated to port processing complete on 10/2 as well. Its possible we maybe both had damage but it's highly unlikely. Don't worry, your car is likely fine. Just have to be patient and wait for whenever Porsche or the EPA wants to release our cars
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 05:02 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Damage is extremely unlikely. I wouldn't be worried about that at all.
I and every other person that has ordered a 2021 911 that is presently sitting in one port or another in the USA is in the same boat as you. (No pun intended.) No 2021 911's have been released to any dealers as yet. I was originally told I'd get my car on 10/30, then 11/06 and now 11/13 so any further delays would not really surprise me. Although I would certainly be disappointed once again. Lot of rumors and theories as to who and why this delay exists. We may never know why, but I have confidence that we'll all get our 911's in due course.
Yes TYD is just an estimate of things...I do not think they updated it on an exact basis when your car is finished each step. For example my TYD says my car entered Emden on 9/16 and Ieft on 9/21 while I know from talking to my SA and looking in his system and Vessel tracker that it arrived in 9/18 in Emden and left on 19/23. ALL the dates are relative guys...just to give you an idea. Not an exact tracking or hard science here given the info they give you in TYD currently.
Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
My car arrived to port on 9/30 and TYD updated to port processing complete on 10/2 as well. It's possible we maybe both had damage but it's highly unlikely. Don't worry, your car is likely fine. Just have to be patient and wait for whenever Porsche or the EPA wants to release our cars
I wouldn't worry as the extended time shown is part EPA delay and TYD system upload/update lag. It never has reflected anything accurately until now...that my vehicle is at Port undergoing PDI but that's been going on for over a week now! Never got any pics from production uploaded either. So wouldn't worry. Nice try feature wise but not ready for the big game yet. They should give it to Apple to fix....bet it would work seamlessly and be a work of art and AT LEAST update properly! LOL. Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-05-2020, 09:17 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
It sounds like you are complaining....because I complained. Thus, your complaining does no good for anyone on this forum and I would appreciate you stop because remember, using this forum as a venting outlet, even in response to another person's post, while pleasurable, will not help.
Your own complaint is duly noted and will be fully accorded absolutely every bit of the respect which it deserves.

Last edited by peterdouglas; 11-05-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:36 AM
smjr
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, you even have a wall mount ac there
Old 11-05-2020, 11:35 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Damage is extremely unlikely. I wouldn't be worried about that at all.
I and every other person that has ordered a 2021 911 that is presently sitting in one port or another in the USA is in the same boat as you. (No pun intended.) No 2021 911's have been released to any dealers as yet. I was originally told I'd get my car on 10/30, then 11/06 and now 11/13 so any further delays would not really surprise me. Although I would certainly be disappointed once again. Lot of rumors and theories as to who and why this delay exists. We may never know why, but I have confidence that we'll all get our 911's in due course.
Many years ago, I took a European delivery of Saab (back in the days when there was a solid financial incentive to do a European delivery). I drove it all over Europe for a little under 3 weeks and then dropped it off at Antwerpen for shipping to the US. The process went smoothly and seamlessly. Although there were some anxious moments,. Once I was notified that my car had been unloaded, certified and ready to be picked up, I was given the address of where I could pick up the car at the port of entry (not sure if they do that anymore?). In any event, I arrived about 30 minutes before the gates were opened and a few other car owners were lined up looking through the fence to see if we could spot our respective cars. Everything turned out fine, for me, but there was one car (same model and color as mine), that looked like something heavy had been dropped on the roof, as it was caved in, breaking the front windshield. Lot of damage. The guy next to me said, I feel sorry for the poor guy who’s gonna show up, only to have his dreams crushed (pun intended). Amen to that.

But you are 100% right, very rare occurrence.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-05-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:07 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 173 Posts

EPA blocks are still on my car per the Porsche system
just an FYI
Old 11-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
EPA blocks are still on my car per the Porsche system
just an FYI
Same here. Just received an email pushing it out from 11/6 to 11/13. Stuck at Benecia.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:45 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Your own complaint is duly noted and will be fully accorded absolutely every bit of the respect which it deserves.
I dealt with this same issue while my Panamera sat at port for 5 months after dieselgate. Dealer was great and so was Porsche, ended up giving 20k mile service free and my car was professionally detailed after they received. Although, through those 5 months, they knew absolutely nothing, and kept saying any time now. Hopefully your dealers will take care of your car after they receive it but i definitely felt it was ridiculous they didn't know anything for 5 months.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:50 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 173 Posts

Different perspectives, I think that when ur buying a luxury item, u are supposed to feel amazing thru the entire process. I felt great initially and then over the course of the 5 date changes and the 68 days my car has been stuck at port, it has waned. One can argue: "yah well my x car had been at port for 5 months previously" but at the end of the day its poor service.. and we as consumers just take it. I know many will say "if you don't like it well just cancel". This is a fair point and I am near that point as I literally just feel numb and have no excitement anymore.

Last edited by speedyj; 11-05-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:01 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Different perspectives, I think that when ur buying a luxury item, u are supposed to feel amazing thru the entire process. I felt great initially and then over the course of the 5 date changes and the 68 days my car has been stuck at port, it has waned. One can argue: "yah well my x car had been at port for 5 months previously" but at the end of the day its poor service.. and we as consumers just take it. I know many will say "if you don't like it well just cancel". This is a fair point and I am near that point as I literally just feel numb and have no excitement anymore.
Dont get me wrong speed, i was definitely pissed during those 5 months lol. My only point is, hopefully they can do something to "make it up" to all waiting cause it is ridiculous. I did email fuelecnomy.gov last week and posted their response below. Not helpful of course.

"Thank you for contacting us. The short answer is that we don’t know. The www.fueleconomy.gov website is produced at Oak Ridge National Laboratory with data provided to us by the EPA. The EPA sends us new data weekly for posting but unfortunately, we have no way of knowing in advance what data we will receive. The timing for the release of the data is at the discretion of the manufacturer (Porsche in this case) so it is not uncommon to find official EPA estimates posted on the manufacturer website or in media articles before we receive the data for our website. As soon as we receive the data from the EPA, we will get it posted. Sorry we can’t give you a better answer.

Sincerely,

www.fueleconomy.gov"

Old 11-05-2020, 02:37 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,778 Likes on 2,132 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
Dont get me wrong speed, i was definitely pissed during those 5 months lol. My only point is, hopefully they can do something to "make it up" to all waiting cause it is ridiculous. I did email fuelecnomy.gov last week and posted their response below. Not helpful of course.

"Thank you for contacting us. The short answer is that we don’t know. The www.fueleconomy.gov website is produced at Oak Ridge National Laboratory with data provided to us by the EPA. The EPA sends us new data weekly for posting but unfortunately, we have no way of knowing in advance what data we will receive. The timing for the release of the data is at the discretion of the manufacturer (Porsche in this case) so it is not uncommon to find official EPA estimates posted on the manufacturer website or in media articles before we receive the data for our website. As soon as we receive the data from the EPA, we will get it posted. Sorry we can’t give you a better answer.

Sincerely,

www.fueleconomy.gov"
If you want to reach out to a node that
has all the answers, pull up any 2021 Porsche Certification application and in the front are the Porsche submission POCs.

Simple question would be when are you going to submit?

Since EPA has been turning applications to approvals in about a week, this is not an EPA blockage. Probably Porsche managing inventory and worldwide releases.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:41 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

I think you have summed up, very well, the two basic positions. It's not that a person can't or shouldn't be pissed off with the delays, regardless of the reason. And it's not that a person needs to sit by silently without expressing any negative opinions. However, each of us is different, and ultimately it's a matter of waiting and taking delivery or canceling and moving on. Yes there are other options (e.g., bitch, bitch, bitch, take delivery, and then forever bitch some more about how the car was not delivered "on time") but in general it's kind of a binary option for one's own sanity. Personally I'm less-than-delighted that my car has been 30 minutes away for two months and I can't even get a glimpse of it, but ultimately I will get the car and it will be awesome and I will forever forget that it was delayed. However, if I thought there was a sliver of a chance that I'd always be pissed about the delays to the point that they would negatively impact my enjoyment of the car then I would cancel. Life's too short and it's just a car :-)

Last edited by markchristenson; 11-05-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:15 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
I dealt with this same issue while my Panamera sat at port for 5 months after dieselgate. Dealer was great and so was Porsche, ended up giving 20k mile service free and my car was professionally detailed after they received. Although, through those 5 months, they knew absolutely nothing, and kept saying any time now. Hopefully your dealers will take care of your car after they receive it but i definitely felt it was ridiculous they didn't know anything for 5 months.

5 months at the port? OMG! Depending on your situation, and whether you had sold/traded in your previous car expecting the new Panamera....I would have hoped your dealership/Porsche would have given you a loaner?
Old 11-05-2020, 03:24 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Since I haven’t been allocated yet, and have expressed no urgency for my delivery....my frustration level is low right now. But that may change as I get into next Spring, and I’m still waiting.

As an aside - When I first put down my deposit back in late June 2020, I made the mistake of mentioning to neighbors and work associates that I was getting a 992: “I Should have the car sometime in Sept or October”, I said. Periodically, those same people have come up to me to ask, “how do you like your new Porsche”, or “I expect it will be in soon”, etc. The longer this drags on, I’m beginning to sense that some don’t believe that I actually ordered a Porsche?

I guess you have to experience this, first hand, to understand what many/some have gone through?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-05-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?