Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 07:05 AM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepJLU2020
Did you get European delivery
I'm not even sure how to answer. I signed paperwork two weeks ago for the ED, and we had talked about an early September pick-up date, thinking it was basically a formality. And I've been pushing for a firm confirmation ever since because I needed to find a way to make this work with my business partner who also had a planned vacation and and work seminars, and my daughter back in school, etc., all happening around that time frame. I received an email late yesterday stating that Zuffenhausen was completely full straight through December and the earliest Leipzig opening was mid October. WHAT? I didn't really want to go to Leipzig, both from a practical and geographical perspective, but also mainly because to me it doesn't make sense to pick up from a factory that doesn't actually produce the car you're buying. And mid October was going to make the trip we planned difficult and problematic for a number of reasons. But I figured we'd come this far, we'd make some compromises, make some changes, and find a way to make it work. A few hours later I got another text that Leipzig ED was now full through October as well and the next available date was in early November.

It's not even a little funny. I'm actually pretty pissed off about it. There's really no way my daughter is going to be able to make that trip with me now. That was the whole goal, all along. And even if she could, more than half of what we had planned will be closed for the season by November. It's a huge disappointment. 2 & 1/2 years of setbacks and compromises and pushing and planning and now this. I have an allocation, TYD still shows the car scheduled for production on July 8th. But no ED slots available. I don't know if this is really the dealer's fault for not jumping on this a month ago when I've been making a point with every conversation that this trip was more or less central to this purchase. Or if it would have already been too late even back then. I accepted the November date, but at this point, I honestly feel like cancelling all together.

Last edited by jjaisli; 05-25-2022 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:01 AM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 209 Posts

It' s been a long frustrating journey for you, I know. But just get your GTS and do another fun journey with your daughter somewhere else. That seems more important than a ED. You can still have a memorable time with her in your new car.

And don't just assume there is going to be a crash and recession. Yes things are tough, but don't listen to everything CNBC says
The following users liked this post:
Vader1287 (05-29-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 01:10 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Cokerrat
@Albechow Congrats on your order! I’m also in Canada and just got the email from Porsche today inviting me to log into the MyPorsche app to start tracking the process. Set up my account with the email Porsche used to contact me and upon loading the app, it shows a picture of my current build and being on step 1 of a 4 step process, 1 being “your order is created”. Hope it arrives soon for you!
@Cokerrat
o wow! Congratulations to you as well!
it’s weird I still have nothing showing on my app, which is weird.
I just asked my SA for my comm number, and I emailed Porsche, so hopefully it’ll pop up soon!
Where in Canada are you? I’m from Toronto!
Old 05-25-2022, 07:05 PM
ipop07
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

Now on the waiting list too. Long wait I'm told. I got plenty of time to plan my trip to Europe for when the car is ready in '24-'25.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:19 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 704 Likes on 299 Posts
Default 992 GTS allocation frequency

Hoping to find the experts here who can provide some general info. I know the supply chain is difficult given everything going on around the world, and understand Porsche has been quite impacted with the situation in Ukraine.

I currently have a 992 GTS on order. I’m first in the waitlist and SA is saying at least January at the earliest for an allocation.

How often are dealers receiving allocations? Is Porsche sending allocations to dealers on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis in the current environment?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:47 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 981 Likes on 318 Posts

My TYD was down with the umbrella guy for 24h but returned tonight with Scheduled for Production, 2 days ahead! My guess it was down while they got me into the queue or something.

Last edited by woobiee; 05-25-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:02 AM
RedBiker
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ipop07
Now on the waiting list too. Long wait I'm told. I got plenty of time to plan my trip to Europe for when the car is ready in '24-'25.
Which one are you getting? The GTS?
Old 05-26-2022, 10:23 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
Hoping to find the experts here who can provide some general info. I know the supply chain is difficult given everything going on around the world, and understand Porsche has been quite impacted with the situation in Ukraine.

I currently have a 992 GTS on order. I’m first in the waitlist and SA is saying at least January at the earliest for an allocation.

How often are dealers receiving allocations? Is Porsche sending allocations to dealers on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis in the current environment?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
All good questions. Unfortunately, there are few definitive answers right now. The best we can do it look at historical practice as compared to the last 12-18 months and guess. I think generally about 4-5 allocation releases/year with periodic unscheduled releases. January seem a bit longer than the norm for a GTS if you are indeed first on the list. It could be your dealer is very small and gets minimal allocations. It also could be that they are blowing smoke up your @ss about being first on the list.
Spiffx (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 10:27 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 704 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
All good questions. Unfortunately, there are few definitive answers right now. The best we can do it look at historical practice as compared to the last 12-18 months and guess. I think generally about 4-5 allocation releases/year with periodic unscheduled releases. January seem a bit longer than the norm for a GTS if you are indeed first on the list. It could be your dealer is very small and gets minimal allocations. It also could be that they are blowing smoke up your @ss about being first on the list.
It’s a new dealer trying to grow fast. They also said that they get an extra allocation if I take ED, which is one of the reasons they pushed me to the top of the waitlist (supposedly).

Of course, same as you, I’m highly suspicious. Thus my questions here in this thread.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:00 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 981 Likes on 318 Posts

It’s a new dealer trying to grow fast. They also said that they get an extra allocation if I take ED, which is one of the reasons they pushed me to the top of the waitlist (supposedly).

Of course, same as you, I’m highly suspicious. Thus my questions here in this thread.
I'm in a similar situation and it's the reason why my allocation is for ED for 2022. Otherwise it'd be a much longer wait. From what I was told, the dealer pays $3k-3.5 to Porsche HQ for ED in return for an extra allocation. Very much worth it to the dealer in today's tight supply issue.
Spiffx (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 11:00 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,458 Likes on 920 Posts

Taking delivery of a 992S in about two weeks so I have been monitoring this closely for months. Ukraine wiring harness issue has not effected delivery of most 992s although it had delayed the SUV/Panamera assembly line at times. Some specific 992 options will also cause delays. 992GTS vehicles being delivered as we speak. Issue is demand just exceeds supply, not Ukraine, IMHO.
Spiffx (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 11:01 AM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

i have been planning for ED for long time with Dealer for 911 GTS 2022, now my ED is early November. So I’m told. Pretty pissed also. I was told ED is on, then it’s off. Wait I checked myself they still doing doing EDs. Was told Mid September. Last year. My whole purpose of buying this car was to do ED experience and hit Oktoberfest. Totally missed that. So know have replan everything. Now my Fiancée and are going to miss parents week at her sons college. He is Senior so this her last chance to do it, and now cause of ED goof she can’t. What cluster F Dealer said ED department should I have reached out to mo earlier. I was at dealer last month telling that ED are happening and still nothing happened. I was first slotted allocation for 911 GTS. We passed on first allocation allotments so could get Mid September to early October. You spend 150k+ and get screwed. My car going into production early June. So it says on track my dream. Have to breath Pivot and make best of it. Drink some Monkey 47 Gin. I pre traded Nissan GTR and my 911. Just to do this!!!

Originally Posted by jjaisli
I'm not even sure how to answer. I signed paperwork two weeks ago for the ED, and we had talked about an early September pick-up date, thinking it was basically a formality. And I've been pushing for a firm confirmation ever since because I needed to find a way to make this work with my business partner who also had a planned vacation and and work seminars, and my daughter back in school, etc., all happening around that time frame. I received an email late yesterday stating that Zuffenhausen was completely full straight through December and the earliest Leipzig opening was mid October. WHAT? I didn't really want to go to Leipzig, both from a practical and geographical perspective, but also mainly because to me it doesn't make sense to pick up from a factory that doesn't actually produce the car you're buying. And mid October was going to make the trip we planned difficult and problematic for a number of reasons. But I figured we'd come this far, we'd make some compromises, make some changes, and find a way to make it work. A few hours later I got another text that Leipzig ED was now full through October as well and the next available date was in early November.

It's not even a little funny. I'm actually pretty pissed off about it. There's really no way my daughter is going to be able to make that trip with me now. That was the whole goal, all along. And even if she could, more than half of what we had planned will be closed for the season by November. It's a huge disappointment. 2 & 1/2 years of setbacks and compromises and pushing and planning and now this. I have an allocation, TYD still shows the car scheduled for production on July 8th. But no ED slots available. I don't know if this is really the dealer's fault for not jumping on this a month ago when I've been making a point with every conversation that this trip was more or less central to this purchase. Or if it would have already been too late even back then. I accepted the November date, but at this point, I honestly feel like cancelling all together.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:18 PM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepJLU2020
i have been planning for ED for long time with Dealer for 911 GTS 2022, now my ED is early November. So I’m told. Pretty pissed also. I was told ED is on, then it’s off. Wait I checked myself they still doing doing EDs. Was told Mid September. Last year. My whole purpose of buying this car was to do ED experience and hit Oktoberfest. Totally missed that. So know have replan everything. Now my Fiancée and are going to miss parents week at her sons college. He is Senior so this her last chance to do it, and now cause of ED goof she can’t. What cluster F Dealer said ED department should I have reached out to mo earlier. I was at dealer last month telling that ED are happening and still nothing happened. I was first slotted allocation for 911 GTS. We passed on first allocation allotments so could get Mid September to early October. You spend 150k+ and get screwed. My car going into production early June. So it says on track my dream. Have to breath Pivot and make best of it. Drink some Monkey 47 Gin. I pre traded Nissan GTR and my 911. Just to do this!!!
Yeah, it's really annoying. I also had a lot of plans with multiple people and relatives we were trying to organize and coordinate. Months of work and planning and organizing all screwed now. I really don't know how it works behind the scenes but I'm starting to believe in both of our cases our dealers deligated the whole ED process internally and somebody was probably asleep and didn't submit paperwork on time. If they had jumped on it immediately as soon as our allocations were confirmed, we wouldn't be making these posts. I even told my dealer I don't need to the do the factory tour (in Leipzig--a factory that doesn't even build the 911, what's the point). I don't need the 3-course lunch, the big silly cover over my car, etc. Just leave the car in the parking lot in Zuffenhausen and I'll sign everything in the lobby. But it doesn't matter, they have their procedures. And I know arranging for the temporary registration and insurance is a bit complicated for them. But WHAT sense does it make to have cars sit there for MONTHS just to fit a slot.

And something else to consider, pick up in November means snow-tire time. It makes sense if you're hitting mountain passes. TOTAL BS if you're planning to do multiple laps of a track.

Last edited by jjaisli; 05-26-2022 at 12:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jjaisli:
987981 (05-26-2022), Spiffx (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 01:19 PM
markfre62
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I called every Porsche dealer within a 200 mile radius of me looking for one with a June Panamera 4S allocation. After a week, one of the dealers finally called me and said they just got the allocation. I would call every dealer in your general area and tell them what you're looking for. Allocations are scarce...
Spiffx (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 01:24 PM
markfre62
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Delivery from Davisville, RI to dealer

My Panamera 4S is on the boat, now entering the open Atlantic, scheduled to arrive at Davisville, RI on June 6th. My dealer is in Hartford, CT. Does anybody know approximatley how long it takes for the dealer to receive the car?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!