Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 02:07 PM
F355GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT3 RS

I’m in limbo too…production started June 4th I have not received a single production photo and now completion date moved to September 26. Initially was supposed to have the car early June. GT3 RS PTS…it’s getting frustrating.
Old Today, 02:11 PM
C21ban
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 119 Posts

Not sure when factory holiday closure starts/started but that could be a reason that some are not getting updates. Happened to me last year when my car was due during the 1st week in August but car didn't arrive for another 2 months (Cayman GTS out of Osnabruck, not Zuffenhausen).
Old Today, 02:12 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Samolyot
Nah now it’s personal! That and I KNOW within 30 days of me cancelling, I will see it for sale on the lot. I just know it. As certain as washing your car and then it rains later that day or the next.

Ha! 🤣

With my last build, like you, I got all the photos and then it was delayed in Zuffenhausen for a month and with no explanation as to why. Edit: BTW, I suspect that the information dealers have access to internally, they have a vague idea as to what the delay is, ultimately they just choose not to divulge it.

Allegedly there is likely a recession coming, at least it is currently pointing in that direction. Possibly an advantage that might work to your favor with it showing up much later with the U.S. economy is in the toilet

Last edited by RatherJaded; Today at 02:25 PM.
Old Today, 02:18 PM
dgarrood
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Second try on my 911!

I entered an order for my 911 Carrere (991.1) in February 2024 with the local Porsche dealer. Progress was made against Porsche milestones which showed it being at the German port June 6 2024. No progress made in loading on boat in Bremen in over a month, I finally broke down and contacted the dealer about progress or lack of it. After a couple of days they found out that my car was damaged and could not be fixed to Porsche high standard and another car would be produced for delivery. HOWEVER I will get a 992.2 because the 992.1 assembly line is shut down. Lucky me ..... arg!!,..I can't get an important option on 991.2 - wheels painted to body color. The new 991.2 build got entered in the configurator quickly and submitted to Porsche where the design was labelled as frozen (Jul 24). It has now been a week and no contact from Porsche.

In summary, here we go again: NO COMMUNICATION, NO APOLOGY, NO OFFER TO MAKE THE DELAY RIGHT, NO NOTHING! MY OPTIONS 1) WAIT WHILE THE BLIND PROCESS UNRAVELS AGAIN, ASK FOR MY DEPOSIT BACK AND WALK AWAY, am I missing anything?
Old Today, 02:32 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by dgarrood
I entered an order for my 911 Carrere (991.1) in February 2024 with the local Porsche dealer. Progress was made against Porsche milestones which showed it being at the German port June 6 2024. No progress made in loading on boat in Bremen in over a month, I finally broke down and contacted the dealer about progress or lack of it. After a couple of days they found out that my car was damaged and could not be fixed to Porsche high standard and another car would be produced for delivery. HOWEVER I will get a 992.2 because the 992.1 assembly line is shut down. Lucky me ..... arg!!,..I can't get an important option on 991.2 - wheels painted to body color. The new 991.2 build got entered in the configurator quickly and submitted to Porsche where the design was labelled as frozen (Jul 24). It has now been a week and no contact from Porsche.

In summary, here we go again: NO COMMUNICATION, NO APOLOGY, NO OFFER TO MAKE THE DELAY RIGHT, NO NOTHING! MY OPTIONS 1) WAIT WHILE THE BLIND PROCESS UNRAVELS AGAIN, ASK FOR MY DEPOSIT BACK AND WALK AWAY, am I missing anything?

Porsche is still producing other variants of the 992.1. Production for the 992.1 has not completely ended. You simply had a model (base Carrera) ordered and that has now been replaced with the .2. The GTS is currently the only other 992.2 model in production.

Note, that you have typed 991.1 and 991.2 within your post, both generations ceased production for quite some time ago. Another tidbit you might be interested to know is that German built Porsches exit via Port Emden, not Bremen.

Last edited by RatherJaded; Today at 02:35 PM.
Old Today, 02:45 PM
dgarrood
Intermediate

Thanks for pointing out the typos, i meant 992 not 991.
Old Today, 02:46 PM
Dhon
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dgarrood

Wow! Sorry to hear about your situation. I would not know what I would do if I was in your shoes for my specific order. On of my must haves for my build was a MT and an ED. If they try to offer me a .2 in a PDK, I think I would have to walk away.

I hope things turnout for the best for you!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!