Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 12:58 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi all!
First time P buyer here!
I got my allocation for Targa4GTS, deposit paid etc, build week is July of 2022, and I got an email from Porsche to create ID.
After that, how do I access and track my car?
My SA said ‘behind the scenes’ isn’t working in Canada, but I thought I’ll reach out to the real experts here at RL.
Thanks in advance for everyone’s input!
The following users liked this post:
RedBiker (05-25-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 01:01 PM
cap82
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Albechow
Hi all!
First time P buyer here!
I got my allocation for Targa4GTS, deposit paid etc, build week is July of 2022, and I got an email from Porsche to create ID.
After that, how do I access and track my car?
My SA said ‘behind the scenes’ isn’t working in Canada, but I thought I’ll reach out to the real experts here at RL.
Thanks in advance for everyone’s input!
You should be getting an email at some point to access Track Your Dream - at least that's how I accessed it. Alternatively, once you create your login, you may be able to see it in a menu option that lists "your car" or something like that.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:06 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by cap82
You should be getting an email at some point to access Track Your Dream - at least that's how I accessed it. Alternatively, once you create your login, you may be able to see it in a menu option that lists "your car" or something like that.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Unfortunately there’s nothing yet, I went to my cars, and I would need to add my Porsche code, which I don’t think is the same as track your car.
Hopefully I’ll get the email soon when it actually starts to build.
Thanks again!
Old 05-24-2022, 01:34 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 981 Likes on 318 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply!
Unfortunately there’s nothing yet, I went to my cars, and I would need to add my Porsche code, which I don’t think is the same as track your car.
Hopefully I’ll get the email soon when it actually starts to build.
Thanks again!
I emailed Porsche directly after waiting a week for my link. I gave them my name and commission number and within a day they got me the link.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:27 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by woobiee
I emailed Porsche directly after waiting a week for my link. I gave them my name and commission number and within a day they got me the link.
Good to know!
And how do I get the commission number, and which email should I email from Porsche?
thanks!
Old 05-24-2022, 03:02 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 981 Likes on 318 Posts

Good to know!
And how do I get the commission number, and which email should I email from Porsche?
thanks!
You can get your comm number from your SA. I emailed Porsche of North America for my link. It's unknown to me if PCNA includes the Canadian market -- it should?
Old 05-24-2022, 04:23 PM
frunk
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gpenning99
Nearly the same, arrived in Emden 5/5, missed the 5/13 departure and was changed to 5/20 with delivery 6/24. Hoping to get on Supreme Ace this weekend. Probably get a Monday update.
Just got update I’m on the supreme ace
The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (05-25-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 04:27 PM
Blkrse
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by frunk
Just got update I’m on the supreme ace
I’m on it as well
The following 2 users liked this post by Blkrse:
frunk (05-24-2022), Fullyield (05-25-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 10:12 PM
Sbbaker109
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Got pics today!

Old 05-24-2022, 10:36 PM
Gpenning99
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Notified yesterday that I am being delayed with delivery date of July 1. Today I went to 09 on the TYD app and I made the Supreme Ace! Awaiting the other parts to update for my delivery back to June 24.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:56 PM
Cokerrat
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

@Albechow Congrats on your order! I’m also in Canada and just got the email from Porsche today inviting me to log into the MyPorsche app to start tracking the process. Set up my account with the email Porsche used to contact me and upon loading the app, it shows a picture of my current build and being on step 1 of a 4 step process, 1 being “your order is created”. Hope it arrives soon for you!

Last edited by Cokerrat; 05-24-2022 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:59 PM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default How much longer from this point. About

Old 05-25-2022, 12:02 AM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sbbaker109
Got pics today!

very nice silver looks awesome. Had 997.2 in Silver. When your production start?
Old 05-25-2022, 12:05 AM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Originally Posted by davidgriffith
Mine went into production 5/12, got a VIN on TYD 5/16 was due to complete 5/19 but now it's saying 6/22. Assume this is supply chain delays? Anyone else seeing a one month delay?
does your build have aero or something?
Old 05-25-2022, 01:29 AM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Default Did you get Euro Delivery

Originally Posted by jjaisli
Well, I guess it's time I posted here. It's been a long journey. I'd been lusting after a Porsche for nearly 3 decades. I came close a few times but a wedding, starting a family, a mortgage, a bigger mortgage, the 2008 financial crisis, needing capital to start a business, etc., I don't regret any of them but they sort of all just got in the way of my Porsche plans. And then around 10 years ago, the HPDE bug hit me and I became a bit of a track junkie. Fortunately I started that journey with a cheaper car. But with the money I pumped into tires and pads and fluid changes and safety equipment, oh boy, I don't even want to add it up. What I could have purchased...

Anyway, back in late 2017, a bit disenchanted with the direction Porsche went with powerplants for the 718, I was about to pull the plug on a new M2 when I found a 2016, 981 Cayman S, with only 3,000 miles and configured almost exactly how I would have ordered it myself. And so in the spring of 2018, I finally became a Porsche owner. To be blunt, what I really wanted was a GT4 but I just couldn't justify it financially and either way, I had already missed the boat if I wanted a new one.

A year later, things were going well and when I learned Porsche was making a GT4 version of the 718, I got in touch with a dealer and put down a deposit. I had been waiting so long that I wanted the full experience. I wanted to do factory pick up in Zuffenhausen. I had a route planned. I wanted to hit the Nurburgring for a few days. And this was going to be a father-daughter trip. My girl was 13 at the time and had just discovered karting. I told the dealer I wasn't looking to be the first to own a GT4. I could afford to be patient. And I was thinking summer of 2021. We went back and forth and he told me he just didn't know how long Porsche would produce the GT4 and it was probably better to shoot for the summer of 2020 instead. OK, fine.

Yeah, than Covid hit. So sometime in the late spring of 2020 the dealer told me he could probably get me a car by the late summer/early fall, but European delivery was closed due to the pandemic. We went around and around and after 3 phone calls, I changed the order to a GT3 and for the following year, 2021. Mind you, this was more than 1/2 a year before the 992 GT3 was even announced. But we knew it was coming and the dealer was pretty confident he could make it work. And for MSRP.

I think we all know how that story ended. At one point, in November of 2021, the dealer offered me a GT3 allocation for $60K over. And unfortunately without factory pick-up. I refused. The GT3 was already a lot more than I wanted to spend. Time will tell if I'm wrong but I really believe that at some point, the economy is going to crash and not only are these ridiculous ADMs going to go away, at least for a while, and people who paid ridiculous amounts over sticker are going to lose out. I do OK but I can't justify that kind of craziness, no matter how badly I wanted the car. So I sort of gave up.

Over Thanksgiving I told the dealer to forget the GT3 and change the order to a 2CS with a manual and I wanted to pick the darn thing up at the factory. At this point my daughter is now 16, no longer interested in karting, or cars in general, and spending two weeks driving around Europe was no longer the greatest trip in the world that both she (and I) envisioned it was 2 years before. (Sigh). Yeah, I really missed that boat. But I was still determined to do it. And i figured I could either keep the 911. Or maybe in 2-3 years, if the business was still running well, and Porsche made a 992.2 GT3 with a naturally aspirated engine, I could always trade in the 911 and do it again.
Was it confirmed for European delivery
But then November was January then March and STILL no C2 allocations to be had. A few weeks ago I had a conversation with the dealer and told him my deadline for making this happening was Oct 1st. If I couldn't pick up the car by then, after more than 2 & 1/2 years, I'm out. He told me the problem was he had a lot of people on the list for a Carerra 2S, but Porsche just wasn't giving them any allocations. But then he mentioned on the side that they had just gotten a bunch of GTS allocations. I thought about it for a hot second and told him if he could get me a GTS at MSRP I'll take it. He asked to give him 48 hours. That actually turned into 2 weeks of back and forth to the point where I was ready to throw in the towel. As Porsche owners, we must seem like masochists. WHY do we do it. But, in the end, he FINALLY came through. And my car is in V200 and scheduled to start production July 1st. I'm hoping to do factory pick up in early September. I'm just waiting for a confirmation.

Like I said, it's been a journey. But I'm really glad that it's FINALLY happening!
Did you get European delivery

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!