Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 11:59 AM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hadlyme
My 911 GTS began processing in Davisville on April 21st.
Does anyone know how long this might take?
TYD says 2 weeks but it seems like a long time.
My car got to port on a Saturday and it was at the dealer Wednesday, I was able to finish the purchase that Thursday night. So it only took a few days, but my dealer is 60 minutes away from our port. I’ve seen times vary all over the place, it seems like if everything is ok with the car about 5-7 days seems very likely from what I’ve seen on here. However, there are the crazy exceptions that do happen.
The following users liked this post:
Hadlyme (04-22-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 12:31 PM
LCLIII
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How long after build completion did people get the pictures of their new 992, and did they all come at once? Its been over a week since my build date and I received 2 pictures so far. Not sure if I should expect more and, if so, how long it usually takes.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:38 PM
Hadlyme
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 23 Posts

That's great news, thank you. My Dealer is about 75 miles from the Port so I am hoping delivery happens next week.
I am getting the full EXPEL, PPF body wrap and Prime XL Black 45 VLT tint for the windows, 70 on the windshield.
Does anyone have a picture of this Tint on their car?
My 911 GTS is Gentian Blue with the Aerokit in High Gloss Black.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:39 PM
Hadlyme
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 23 Posts

I only got 2 pictures, total.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:34 PM
licrusher
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is showing RI and completed port processing. However, no update on it being en route for delivery and still shows May 6th delivery to Long Island. So I am really hoping it comes soon.
Hadlyme (04-22-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 08:27 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

I am officially out of the waiting room - but will still be visiting this thread!

The following 8 users liked this post by Drew46:
BadlyDrawnBoy (04-25-2022), Evolution1 (04-22-2022), Fullyield (04-22-2022), Iamlost (05-02-2022), mhenry84 (05-01-2022), ron4sc (04-30-2022), TripleL (04-25-2022), westcoastj (04-28-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-22-2022, 10:04 PM
lllSaltylll
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone speak to whether recent 992 deliveries are including the electric adjusted steering column? Had heard this was an issue for some deliveries but wasn't sure if that included the 992s. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2022, 11:26 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 903 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by alvitdk
Same here, tried ordering in Austin and San Antonio, $25k automatic market adjustment. Glad we own apartments in NJ and NY, contacted those dealers nearby, are on the waitlist, and no upcharge for local residents. Still about 1 Year wait though...but enjoying my 981 till then...
What NY/NJ dealers quoted you no upcharge?
Old 04-22-2022, 11:43 PM
seattlecubes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings everyone - I'm new here and I'm glad I found you! Please forgive me in advance for my questions.

TLDR:
I found a local dealer to take an order in December of 2021 for a 992 Carrera S but in late March he told me that unless I have a history with them I will probably be waiting the rest of my life for this car - or I could buy a 718 or Macan or a 911 that someone else ordered and ended up not warning.

-Should I try to find another dealer?
-Also - should I give up on Euro Delivery (the dealership where I placed my order didn't know anything about it - or pretended they didn't)?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Story:
I'm trying to fulfill my lifelong dream of purchasing a Porsche and it's been a challenge. I'm trying to get a lightly optioned a 992 S Manual and I'll probably have the car the rest of my life *lol*.

I'm in the Dallas, Texas area. Here's how it's gone so far:

1. Dealer #1 in Fort Worth wouldn't even sit me down at a desk to look at my build. Told me over a year and basically to scram...

2. Dealer #2 In Grapevine took an order from me in December of 2021, but since then has told me, since I don't have purchase history from them, I will continue to wait. My Sales Associate at that dealership (who seems like a nice enough guy when I met him in person) has since recommended I purchase some other Porsches from them (I'm not made of money so this doesn't seem very practical to me) to build a relationship. In fact just a couple of weeks ago, he asked me if I wanted to purchase another 911 that one of his other customers ordered and then decided they didn't want (thanks for wasting that allocation that someone else could have enjoyed I guess) to which I said "no thanks - it's not my kind of build" (and it really wasn't).
A) Should I try to find a new dealer - Have you heard of this not selling to people that don't have relationships?

B) Is it a pipe dream to want to hold out for European Delivery (my childhood dream for about 35 years since I learned it was a thing)?

Thank you in advance and nice to virtually meet you all!

tomingrassia (04-25-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 12:06 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by lllSaltylll
Can anyone speak to whether recent 992 deliveries are including the electric adjusted steering column? Had heard this was an issue for some deliveries but wasn't sure if that included the 992s. Thanks!
Mine came with it.
lllSaltylll (04-23-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 10:34 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by seattlecubes
Greetings everyone - I'm new here and I'm glad I found you! Please forgive me in advance for my questions.

TLDR:
I found a local dealer to take an order in December of 2021 for a 992 Carrera S but in late March he told me that unless I have a history with them I will probably be waiting the rest of my life for this car - or I could buy a 718 or Macan or a 911 that someone else ordered and ended up not warning.

-Should I try to find another dealer?
-Also - should I give up on Euro Delivery (the dealership where I placed my order didn't know anything about it - or pretended they didn't)?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Story:
I'm trying to fulfill my lifelong dream of purchasing a Porsche and it's been a challenge. I'm trying to get a lightly optioned a 992 S Manual and I'll probably have the car the rest of my life *lol*.

I'm in the Dallas, Texas area. Here's how it's gone so far:

1. Dealer #1 in Fort Worth wouldn't even sit me down at a desk to look at my build. Told me over a year and basically to scram...

2. Dealer #2 In Grapevine took an order from me in December of 2021, but since then has told me, since I don't have purchase history from them, I will continue to wait. My Sales Associate at that dealership (who seems like a nice enough guy when I met him in person) has since recommended I purchase some other Porsches from them (I'm not made of money so this doesn't seem very practical to me) to build a relationship. In fact just a couple of weeks ago, he asked me if I wanted to purchase another 911 that one of his other customers ordered and then decided they didn't want (thanks for wasting that allocation that someone else could have enjoyed I guess) to which I said "no thanks - it's not my kind of build" (and it really wasn't).
A) Should I try to find a new dealer - Have you heard of this not selling to people that don't have relationships?

B) Is it a pipe dream to want to hold out for European Delivery (my childhood dream for about 35 years since I learned it was a thing)?

Thank you in advance and nice to virtually meet you all!
Euro delivery might help get an allocation quicker and/or for less $. I have heard rumors that dealers get extra incentives from Porsche for Euro deliveries.
seattlecubes (04-26-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 11:03 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 970 Likes on 311 Posts

From what I've been told by my dealer, Euro Deliveries grants the dealership another allocation slot (non GT cars), but costs the dealer about $3k. But with the current car market, $3k for an extra allocation slot is welcomed since they can sell that extra allocation to a client and make much more than that.

As a first time Porsche client, the only reason why I got an allocation this year was for Euro Delivery. Otherwise, I'd be waiting for quite a while.

With that said, I can see the incentive for a dealer to offer ED to their clients. However, as with normal allocations, I think there are a certain amount of ED allocations that can be given.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:18 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 453 Likes on 305 Posts

Here are the qualifications dealers are looking for: local customer, previous customer experience, have a 911 to trade and are willing to do European delivery. If you meet all those qualifications, you move up the list and MAY get an allocation within a year (depending on model).
Old 04-25-2022, 12:52 PM
Metro
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Entered the waiting room with an racing yellow 911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupé. My first one. I have been driven daily under the the production bridge in Zuffenhausen and could never imagine to own such a beauty some day. But next Christmas will be the best Christmas ever
Old 04-25-2022, 03:08 PM
BAreaTransplant
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Metro
Entered the waiting room with an racing yellow 911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupé. My first one. I have been driven daily under the the production bridge in Zuffenhausen and could never imagine to own such a beauty some day. But next Christmas will be the best Christmas ever
Congrats, fyi your code is showing a GT Silver Metallic not racing yellow. make sure you change it before you lock in the build

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!