Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 11:41 AM
jerem
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Everything was smooth until….

Until my car been held in Davisville since It turns out the car was built without tire pressure monitoring control unit and it needs to be retrofitted at the port. So at the moment the car is being held there. The system has update for ETA to September 24th.

order a 2022 992 triple black.
ordered July 1st and was happily surprise as the September 3rd deadline it was even moved to august 24th until my SA reached out. Hope they fix it faster otherwise it’s a full month waiting. The anticipation is killing me.

anyone ever ran to the same issue?

The following 3 users liked this post by jerem:
laurenxesq (08-23-2021), MG997 (08-23-2021), PDACPA (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 12:30 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

My 2021 Taycan is stuck in the port of Jacksonville for the same TPM. Original due date was 9/3, then it moved to 8/13 and 8/20. The car was offloaded in the port on 8/14 and last week TYD changed the date to 9/24. Sounds to me like they just arbitrarily chose a date 4-5 weeks out figuring they would be able to get the parts in that time frame.

Personally, deliver the car to my dealer. I can get my PPF, Ceramic, and Tint done while I wait on TPM and not have to take delivery and then do it after.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:32 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

Someone in the Taycan Forums said that the picture of the car was a "911" only feature. TYD was 911 only and they included it with the Taycan (I believe all US).
Old 08-23-2021, 12:43 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by jerem
Until my car been held in Davisville since It turns out the car was built without tire pressure monitoring control unit and it needs to be retrofitted at the port. So at the moment the car is being held there. The system has update for ETA to September 24th.

ordered July 1st and was happily surprise as the September 3rd deadline it was even moved to august 24th until my SA reached out. Hope they fix it faster otherwise it’s a full month waiting. The anticipation is killing me.

Quite a few 2021 models delivered in May-June were held up for this issue. Some cars were build without power steering columns which also would be retrofitted. This was a case of keeping the assembly line moving and sending batches of parts overnight AIR once available to the ports to get the cars moving. Depending on parts timing etc, the delay could be a week to several weeks.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:48 PM
jerem
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PDACPA
My 2021 Taycan is stuck in the port of Jacksonville for the same TPM. Original due date was 9/3, then it moved to 8/13 and 8/20. The car was offloaded in the port on 8/14 and last week TYD changed the date to 9/24. Sounds to me like they just arbitrarily chose a date 4-5 weeks out figuring they would be able to get the parts in that time frame.

Personally, deliver the car to my dealer. I can get my PPF, Ceramic, and Tint done while I wait on TPM and not have to take delivery and then do it after.

can we actually allow to take it from the port and drive it? I really doubt it. I was also planning to do some work on it like coating and tinted windows. What’s the latest in your end. I’m lost I really don’t wanna wait a month
Old 08-23-2021, 02:29 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

The port has to release to the dealer (and I have read of some cars being delivered to the dealer with the TPM and some other "not able to sell"
open campaigns). No way we can get the car from the port, but if the dealer has the car, they can flat bed it to the PPF and detail companies to get that stuff done while we wait. Ask your dealer for their internal computer screenshot of the open campaigns. It shows what is missing and if the car can be sold or not due to the open tiems.

Not a fan of waiting, but I will as I do not want to start over and the chip delays do not sound like they are getting resolved anytime soon (Porsche and other Car manufacturers)
Old 08-23-2021, 03:04 PM
ek9beezler
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

First time poster looking for some guidance and advice on getting a 992 C2S allocation. After years of dreaming I'm going to pull the trigger on a new 911 and I'm unclear on how to best proceed. I stopped by my local dealer (San Diego) last week and chatted with a salesman. He said that if I gave him a porsche code along with my drivers license he would get me in the queue for a hopeful allocation in December. It looked like all of his allocations from now until December were full and that I would only get the December allocation if Porsche approved it. If approved then I would be looking at a ~March delivery. Does that sound right? I asked if they would honor MSRP and of course he said he would but I guess I won't really know until they take a deposit. I called another dealer who had an allocation they would give me but for a 10k markup. I'm not too interested in paying a markup but I also don't want to miss a spot and have to wait even longer. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:04 PM
mksz51
Pro

Received 748 Likes on 286 Posts

Let me tell my story and hopefully provide some hope / advice to others. I have a relationship with a dealer about 300 miles from me - this was established by purchasing a new Macan in 2018 followed by a new Cayman in 2019. Loved both vehicles - decided to take a step up the ladder and acquire a 911 and sell / trade the Cayman. Spoke to the dealer in May, gave them a build code for a base Carrera 2, and heard "we'll sell at MSRP, no allocations available currently, a few individuals are in front of you, will likely take 12 months to get an allocation for you, we'll take a deposit once we have an allocation, you'll likely have the car in 12-18 months". Realistic, honest, but a bit disappointing due to the time frame but hey - it's the current market. Fast forward to early July - for no apparent reason I'm on the computer looking at the Porsche website. See the "SHOP" tab with submenu "New and Used Inventory". I knew about the used search function but did NOT know about the New vehicle search function. Put my desired filters in and found an incoming vehicle (was built and on a boat in the Atlantic) arriving at a dealer 525 miles away from me. Funny thing was the incoming vehicle almost EXACTLY matched the spec I had configured. Only changes were black interior vs slate grey, addition of sport design side skirts, and RS Spyders vs. Carrera Classics (I actually preferred the RS Spyders initially but wanted to save a few bucks). Otherwise - identical. So, I contact the dealer. Long story short - the vehicle is now in my garage and they happily took my 5000 mile Cayman in trade for an agreeable price to me. My take away was don't be afraid to "reach" a bit to different dealers or be creative in your vehicle pursuit and keep an open mind on vehicle build. It's a global market - there are vehicles out there that ARE obtainable.

The following 4 users liked this post by mksz51:
AlterZgo (08-23-2021), laurenxesq (08-23-2021), slc4s (08-23-2021), westcoastj (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 09:29 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
Let me tell my story and hopefully provide some hope / advice to others. I have a relationship with a dealer about 300 miles from me - this was established by purchasing a new Macan in 2018 followed by a new Cayman in 2019. Loved both vehicles - decided to take a step up the ladder and acquire a 911 and sell / trade the Cayman. Spoke to the dealer in May, gave them a build code for a base Carrera 2, and heard "we'll sell at MSRP, no allocations available currently, a few individuals are in front of you, will likely take 12 months to get an allocation for you, we'll take a deposit once we have an allocation, you'll likely have the car in 12-18 months". Realistic, honest, but a bit disappointing due to the time frame but hey - it's the current market. Fast forward to early July - for no apparent reason I'm on the computer looking at the Porsche website. See the "SHOP" tab with submenu "New and Used Inventory". I knew about the used search function but did NOT know about the New vehicle search function. Put my desired filters in and found an incoming vehicle (was built and on a boat in the Atlantic) arriving at a dealer 525 miles away from me. Funny thing was the incoming vehicle almost EXACTLY matched the spec I had configured. Only changes were black interior vs slate grey, addition of sport design side skirts, and RS Spyders vs. Carrera Classics (I actually preferred the RS Spyders initially but wanted to save a few bucks). Otherwise - identical. So, I contact the dealer. Long story short - the vehicle is now in my garage and they happily took my 5000 mile Cayman in trade for an agreeable price to me. My take away was don't be afraid to "reach" a bit to different dealers or be creative in your vehicle pursuit and keep an open mind on vehicle build. It's a global market - there are vehicles out there that ARE obtainable.

Great story and glad that you ended up with the new acquisition in your Garage. Congrats to you
The following users liked this post:
mksz51 (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 10:10 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,966 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
While we wait, I have a question.

The visors in my Boxster had a flip up door to cover the mirror. This design was terrible as the plastic door was so poorly designed the hinge points would easily break. It was a CPO, so I probably got them replaced 4 or 5 times. Had to replace the whole visor. This after making a huge effort to be gentle with them. My Macan has slide doors over the visor mirror. Much better design.

So, what is the design of the visors in the 911? I cannot really see in the configurator. If they are the flip, is anyone else having issues?

Thom
The mirror covers flip up. They do feel a bit fragile and I can see how it may snap off if one were to push way too hard on it, yet I can’t imagine anyone actually breaking them unless they are constantly slamming them upwards and pushing it up forcefully.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:15 PM
radmri
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

After over a full month of "in production" status since 7/14/21, my base 992 2022 carrera with high gloss black aerokit changed to "Ready for transport". Beyond excited. Hopefully I won't experience any of the hold ups my other fellow 992ers have been experiencing.

Anyone have an updated Transport schedule?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2021, 06:46 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
The mirror covers flip up. They do feel a bit fragile and I can see how it may snap off if one were to push way too hard on it, yet I can’t imagine anyone actually breaking them unless they are constantly slamming them upwards and pushing it up forcefully.
Thanks. The spring load was enough to flip it open with enough force to snap the hinge after just a few times. Maybe they are more sturdy than my 2015.
Old 08-24-2021, 07:01 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

There is a way to pull the VW ship schedule. This report shows the ship schedule and which ports it is due in and the date. I was never successful at getting the report, but some guys on the forums can get it. Once you get that and your car is in Emden, TYD will tell you which ship your car is on and you can track its progress on one of the marine tracking sites (Marine Traffic is what I used).
Old 08-24-2021, 07:27 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye Bass
Huzzah!

did your tyd update the steps arriving at port as they happened, or did a bunch just update now?
Old 08-24-2021, 07:53 PM
radmri
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome build. As per my recent post, my car recently completed production so I wouldnt know just yet whether or not affected by TPM issue, but hopefully not. Production did take over a month through the summer break so I wonder if TPM was the issue holding up? This of course would be complete speculation ....Best of luck to you sir and enjoy... PS: How long after production completed did it take for you to get your picture?

-Rad

Originally Posted by jerem

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!