Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 07:47 PM
EPorsche911
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Siem Aristotle pulling into St John’s river right now.
The following users liked this post:
MasTO911 (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 09:51 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

My car arrived at Emden on Tuesday, my question is when do you find out which ship your car is scheduled to be put on. The Goodwood arrived at Emden on Thursday and sailed this morning. I am wondering if it made that ship would it be possible that I would get a notification in a day or two that it made that ship or will I get a notification a day or two before it gets onto whatever ship they put it on. My car is scheduled to arrive in RI on 5/21/21 according to TYD, the delivery date hasn't changed since the order was placed but the production and delivery to Emden has moved up by about two weeks. Anyone know if the trip across the pond gets moved up or is that usually pretty much set in stone? Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:56 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by phila12180
My car arrived at Emden on Tuesday, my question is when do you find out which ship your car is scheduled to be put on. The Goodwood arrived at Emden on Thursday and sailed this morning. I am wondering if it made that ship would it be possible that I would get a notification in a day or two that it made that ship or will I get a notification a day or two before it gets onto whatever ship they put it on. My car is scheduled to arrive in RI on 5/21/21 according to TYD, the delivery date hasn't changed since the order was placed but the production and delivery to Emden has moved up by about two weeks. Anyone know if the trip across the pond gets moved up or is that usually pretty much set in stone? Thanks in advance for any information.
The dates are approximations and not set in stone. When your car is assigned to a ship that ship’s name will show on TYD. You should be on the next ship that is stopping at your port of entry. The Siem Plato is due in Emden on April 28th.

Last edited by dgtarga; 04-25-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:13 PM
phila12180
Racer

Originally Posted by dgtarga
The dates are approximations and not set in stone. When your car is assigned to a ship that ship’s name will show on TYD. You should be on the next ship that is stopping at your port of entry. The Siem Plato is due in Emden on April 28th.
Thank you so much for all your information, very helpful.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:07 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

I’m jealous of everyone. Since stupidly losing my Targa 4S allocation weeks ago I’ve been on a mad hunt. Apparently dealers here will be getting their next set of allocations in the next few weeks and I’m hoping for the best. If anyone has any leads please PM me.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:14 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
The published schedules are just approximations and are not updated regularly. You can get a better idea of what's happening with those potential ships by looking them up on fleetmon.com or marinetraffic.com. For example, the Siem Plato has an ETA into Emden of April 28th. There's an outside chance you could make that ship if your 911 is on its way to Emden now. TYD will show the name of your ship once your car's been assigned. If not you'll very likely be on the Siem Cicero, but will have a bit of a wait for that one which is currently in Baltimore.
A couple more estimated dates went actual.

Now showing that Ready for Transport and In Transport to Emden Port are both complete.

Arrival at Port and On Vessel are next !!!!
twin_turbo (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 11:42 AM
4 Rings
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 118 Posts

Mines been sitting at port since 4/22, hoping it gets slotted to make it on the Siem Plato(Houston) as it didnt make it on the Goodwood when it left sunday.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:51 PM
Optimist
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Just checked and as of Today my build is actually in production (no longer scheduled for production where i have sat for the last 2 months) to be finished friday then hopefully on a boat within 2 weeks from there. Does anyone know how the perfomance center delivery works? I purchased my car through an old Dealer I used in CT, but have the performance delivery in Atlanta setup in the build to get the car closer to me and have some fun (Palm Beach Florida). It says on the map its going to the dealer in CT, just wondered if it goes there first then gets sent to Atlanta or does it go direct and just list the dealer on TYD?
Old 04-26-2021, 01:08 PM
ddelallata
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 29 Posts

mine arrived at the port this past week as well and will be waiting for a ship to bring it to Houston.
can’t wait to pick it up in San Antonio 👌🏼

Originally Posted by 4 Rings
Mines been sitting at port since 4/22, hoping it gets slotted to make it on the Siem Plato(Houston) as it didnt make it on the Goodwood when it left sunday.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:14 PM
MadDog_
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimist
Just checked and as of Today my build is actually in production (no longer scheduled for production where i have sat for the last 2 months) to be finished friday then hopefully on a boat within 2 weeks from there. Does anyone know how the perfomance center delivery works? I purchased my car through an old Dealer I used in CT, but have the performance delivery in Atlanta setup in the build to get the car closer to me and have some fun (Palm Beach Florida). It says on the map its going to the dealer in CT, just wondered if it goes there first then gets sent to Atlanta or does it go direct and just list the dealer on TYD?
The car goes directly to the PEC.

I originally was going to pick up my C2S Cab at PEC LA, but due to the scheduling backlog there, it would delay delivery by almost a month. Based on that, I changed to pick up my car directly from my dealer and will do the PEC experience separately.
Optimist (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 01:23 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimist
My understanding is that cars being delivered through the Atlanta PEC are unloaded at Jacksonville and then trucked directly to the PEC. The problem with PEC deliveries has been the additional delay that can cause due to demand and scheduling. I had requested PEC delivery for a 991.2 TTS a couple of years ago. As things got closer I was informed that there would be an additional month delay in taking delivery at the PEC vs. the dealership, so I made the change. Not sure how much of a delay there is now - back then the PEC delivery at Atlanta was no additional charge.
Optimist (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 01:42 PM
phila12180
Racer

Originally Posted by 4 Rings
Mine arrived at Emden 04/20, I too was hoping for the Goodwood and now as you are, I certainly hope it makes the Siem Plato. Probably which ever ship they are on they will be on the same ship.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:59 PM
o4co
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

Optimist - I understand like stated above that it goes through Jacksonville, and PEC ATL does the final inspection and set up. If you specd it in your build you should have recd an email from Porsche directly regarding the pickup and timing. I believe once they know what boat it is on, they will send you an email with several dates to pick from. I believe there is either an AM or PM slot for each day that is available. When I was deciding if I should do the ATL pickup, was initially told the car may be sitting in ATL for possibly 2 months waiting for a slot, well that would have been additional torture. Decided to pay the $550 for PEC ATL instead of the $1200 to ship it to me directly. It now looks like it should be ready for pickup in 1-2 weeks from arrival in ATL
Optimist (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 04:01 PM
o4co
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh and by the way, your TYD should show PEC ATL as the destination if it is set up correctly - better check with you dealer
Old 04-26-2021, 04:55 PM
Optimist
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by o4co
Oh and by the way, your TYD should show PEC ATL as the destination if it is set up correctly - better check with you dealer
thanks for that one, I will check, its in my build, but it does say its delivering to dealer on the TYD map

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!