Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 08:33 PM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
This is bizarre.... that car is clearly at Porsche Riverside but last night I saw this listing for Porsche Livermore... this has to be the same car. Are you selling the car up in the bay area now?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
gorgeous!
Old 08-17-2021, 11:40 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 474 Likes on 173 Posts

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:24 AM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Request to comment on my build

I have a 992 Targa 4s on order (demand order...no allocation yet). This is the first new Porsche and 3rd overall. First was a 987.2 base purchased three years a go. Current Porsche is 981 Cayman GTS.

What can I expect to be different with a 992 ( power weight distribution larger dimensions are already known and studied!)

If you have any constructive criticism or thoughts on the build, please reply. For give me for the door projectors...I did this for my son!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3ZET94
Old 08-18-2021, 02:09 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

So I was planning on make one more change to my build (changing regular PASM to SPASM), but was told my order has already locked. When I inquired when the expected production date/delivery date, I was told that it was unavailable due to chip shortage? Anybody else experiencing this? If I provide my allocation number, anybody here who can check on my car status for me? Thanks!
Old 08-18-2021, 02:14 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
So I was planning on make one more change to my build (changing regular PASM to SPASM), but was told my order has already locked. When I inquired when the expected production date/delivery date, I was told that it was unavailable due to chip shortage? Anybody else experiencing this? If I provide my allocation number, anybody here who can check on my car status for me? Thanks!
I'm guessing they have not given you a TYD link. You can contact Porsche NA to get this and then you will know all your dates. Production is continuing but some are getting cars without certain features or just one key, with the promise of making it whole in the near future. The factory is still on holiday till the 26th, so not much is being updated at the moment.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:26 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
I'm guessing they have not given you a TYD link. You can contact Porsche NA to get this and then you will know all your dates. Production is continuing but some are getting cars without certain features or just one key, with the promise of making it whole in the near future. The factory is still on holiday till the 26th, so not much is being updated at the moment.
I'm based in Canada, so we only have TYD lite version - it only shows the 4 stages of production, no actual dates. I thought the Porsche system is supposed to show estimated dates on their system - but only visible to SA.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:01 PM
lasala
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thomd
I thought the factory is closed until August 20th?
Old 08-19-2021, 06:38 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
Well my 992 finally arrived, heading down to SoCal to pick up on Thursday to drive it back to the Bay Area but thought I would post a few pics. The goal with the build was a bit of a throwback look, most options were selected with that in mind.

OH WOW! Beautiful!!!! Congrats man!!! Say hi to Taylor Ferguson @ Riverside Porsche for me. Great car and great build.
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Kudos to the build choices, very nice! I wanted the Porsche decal on my build too but my wife said she hated it and "it cheapens the car" which I do not agree.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:02 AM
ixsomerset
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wait time & discounts on 911 Targa

Planning to plonk down a deposit on a 911 Targa 4. (not the S). Expecting to purchase sometime around Dec 2022/early 2023 but planning way in advance.

What kind of waiting times are people seeing on the Targa 4? (near base)

Seeing any offers below MSRP at particular dealers (please PM me) - I already have at MSRP offered.

Have to get the car shipped in any case, no dealers in my state, so flexible on location.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2021, 02:31 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ixsomerset
Planning to plonk down a deposit on a 911 Targa 4. (not the S). Expecting to purchase sometime around Dec 2022/early 2023 but planning way in advance.

Seeing any offers below MSRP at particular dealers (please PM me) - I already have at MSRP offered.

Have to get the car shipped in any case, no dealers in my state, so flexible on location.

Thanks!
You are thinking way in advance. I ordered a 2022 Targa 4 in April, and am set for delivery in October. My dealer is in PA. I am in SoCal and doing PEC-LA delivery. Here are my thoughts on your comments:
  1. If you can get it for MSRP, that's a great deal. I'm 1k below and am very fortunate. If you can find an allocation now (a big if), it's likely well over sticker
  2. If you are simply on a waiting list, you're going to be lucky to have delivery by the end of 2022.
  3. When you say "purchase," do you mean delivery? If so, then you'll need to order 4 - 6 months in advance. Keep in mind, my order was placed with a confirmed allocation number and TYD tracking in April. I'm waiting 6 months for delivery. I won't be buying the car until delivery. I did put down a $5k refundable deposit.
  4. My advice is to call far and wide and try to get an allocation. If one is offered to you at a price you're willing to pay, take it immediately, regardless of whether you're "ready." You'll have a few months to get ready. The 911 is in super high demand, greatly outstripping production capacity. With the Targa, it's even more difficult to find. I found an allocation by luck. It was 3 months before I was ready to take the plunge, but I ordered it anyway, knowing I wouldn't likely find another Targa 4 allocation at an MSRP price. I was right.
Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
laurenxesq (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 02:39 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 134 Posts

Huzzah!

The following 2 users liked this post by Jaye Bass:
Go Bruins (08-20-2021), laurenxesq (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 02:39 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by ixsomerset

Thanks!
yeah you are talking about model year 2023 cars when 2022 cars are just beginning to ship. I'd wait till Q1 next year and start your hunt there... allocations aren't easy to find but my experience has been that if you call a few dealers and tell them you are ready to purchase you shouldn't have a hard time finding an allocation in 90 days which gives you plenty of time to order for an end of year delivery.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:18 PM
chemsales
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

Good day to all!

First post regarding my incoming CS2. Its hard to settle on an exact car when you have so many excellent examples each day. For the longest time, I was stuck on black or jet black. I had a bassalt black 996 years ago and it wasn't horrible to keep clean. My daily car is black so I guess I didn't want my garage to look like a bat cave. So I went somewhat bright with Carmine Red and satin black wheels. Needless to say I went a bit over the top with options. FAL is a necessity due to an impediment entering my garage. Instead of SD facia, I went with lip painted n body color and side skirts. The badging is in gloss black but I will PPF upon arrival so I can decide then if I replace it or not. I need to get started on prepping my garage as I have an epoxy floor and an Advantage 4 post lift being installed.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVQH5N7

Lock Date:8/27 (I am done after 4 revisions)
Build Date: 9/24 (showed as "scheduled" 2 weeks ago)
Completion: 10/1
On Vessel: 10/29 (seem like quite a gap)
Port Baltimore: 11/12
Dealer: 11/19 (shows IL, but it is supposed to be PEC Atlanta)

I am a bit confused on what TYD shows. I am clearly PEC Atlanta (build sheet confirmation and configurator). However, my dealer is out of state (IL) and it didn't matter to me as I am in Atlanta and opted for PEC Atlanta. Does anyone else with a similar scenario show the ordering dealer by default but is also doing PEC Atlanta? Also, don't the cars destined for PEC Atlanta arrive at Jacksonville?

Looking forward to college football to help the time go by faster!
Old 08-20-2021, 03:40 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by chemsales
Good day to all!

First post regarding my incoming CS2. Its hard to settle on an exact car when you have so many excellent examples each day. For the longest time, I was stuck on black or jet black. I had a bassalt black 996 years ago and it wasn't horrible to keep clean. My daily car is black so I guess I didn't want my garage to look like a bat cave. So I went somewhat bright with Carmine Red and satin black wheels. Needless to say I went a bit over the top with options. FAL is a necessity due to an impediment entering my garage. Instead of SD facia, I went with lip painted n body color and side skirts. The badging is in gloss black but I will PPF upon arrival so I can decide then if I replace it or not. I need to get started on prepping my garage as I have an epoxy floor and an Advantage 4 post lift being installed.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVQH5N7

Lock Date:8/27 (I am done after 4 revisions)
Build Date: 9/24 (showed as "scheduled" 2 weeks ago)
Completion: 10/1
On Vessel: 10/29 (seem like quite a gap)
Port Baltimore: 11/12
Dealer: 11/19 (shows IL, but it is supposed to be PEC Atlanta)

I am a bit confused on what TYD shows. I am clearly PEC Atlanta (build sheet confirmation and configurator). However, my dealer is out of state (IL) and it didn't matter to me as I am in Atlanta and opted for PEC Atlanta. Does anyone else with a similar scenario show the ordering dealer by default but is also doing PEC Atlanta? Also, don't the cars destined for PEC Atlanta arrive at Jacksonville?

Looking forward to college football to help the time go by faster!
Nice. Time will go by fast now. That will be a great drive back to IL.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!