Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 07:49 PM
WS911
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
is that the Mohave beige interior? If so, mind sending me a couple interior shots showing off more of it? That's what I ordered with gentian blue. Looks great from the few pics I've seen. Would love a few more wider shots to state at while wait.
love the beige on Blue. This is the full leather package and the one thing my sales guy talked me into was the

Pano always chops the steering wheel

leather steering column. The stitching looks really sharp through the steering wheel.
The following users liked this post:
leaf345 (08-01-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 07:55 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by WS911
love the beige on Blue. This is the full leather package and the one thing my sales guy talked me into was the

Pano always chops the steering wheel

leather steering column. The stitching looks really sharp through the steering wheel.
thanks for posting these... yeah i debated between the full leather or standard, but kept the standard. I did however have the exact same feelings on getting the metal sunroof. Dont care for the look of the black glass stretching the entire roofline. something about it just bugs me.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:18 AM
wannarun
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

One week anniversary today from bringing my baby home. My first 911 and first time driving as well! Blown away and the exceeds all expectations. Couple thoughts for anyone on the fence with their build specs. So happy I went with the sports package. Could not imagine driving without it. I am in sports mode nearly 100% of the time and always have sports exhaust on. Such a difference in the driving experience. Love the sound and pops I get when downshifting on the paddle shifters. I really like the look of the quad exhaust so going with sports package was something I did before my lock date and so happy I did. I am also very happy with the metal sunroof. People who I have showed the car to are surprised from the exterior it’s a sunroof until I open it. I did not want the black glass top for aesthetic reasons. But Using more than I expected—though this is not my daily driver so it’s more joy rides than anything. Also I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the standard audio system. Some weak mid range sound but plenty loud even with windows down and driving. Car is at 81dbs in cabin while driving at about 55mph with no stereo on. Can have a conversation with my wife with no problem. Not as loud in the cabin as I thought would be from some YouTube videos. First wash and wax today. Good luck everyone!
nice color palette! I have NBM and Mojave interior as well, and really love the aesthetics!

Sports package is definitely the most “used” on my drives. Every drive is in sport mode with exhaust valves open. In my past vehicles, I’ve found sports mode to be annoying. The 992 is just right in sport mode IMO.

I also went base audio as I’m not an audiophile and probably wouldn’t have appreciated any improvement in quality. The tire noise varies significantly to road surface.

Dropping mine off tomorrow for full STEK PPF. I’m going to be sad for 5 days.
WS911 (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:54 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

….Couple thoughts for anyone on the fence with their build specs. So happy I went with the sports package. Could not imagine driving without it. I am in sports mode nearly 100% of the time and always have sports exhaust on. Such a difference in the driving experience. Love the sound and pops I get when downshifting on the paddle shifters. I really like the look of the quad exhaust so going with sports package was something I did before my lock date and so happy I did. I am also very happy with the metal sunroof. ..Also I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the standard audio system. Some weak mid range sound but plenty loud even with windows down and driving. Car is at 81dbs in cabin while driving at about 55mph with no stereo on. Can have a conversation with my wife with no problem. Not as loud in the cabin as I thought would be from some YouTube videos. First wash and wax today. Good luck everyone!
and on the other side…
love the ride of my standard suspension - so glad I did not go with the SPASM. Do love my sports exhaust however.

the Burmester stereo is an option I am so happy I went with although seriously over priced (as most things P-Car)

and the glass sunroof opens up the interior on those cloudy Chicago days - without opening the actual sunroof

agree that the car is much more quiet than I expected.

So to those on the fence with your options - good luck! That part and the wait for the car is almost as much fun as driving it!

WS911 (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 08:52 AM
Newusername
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I had put down a deposit two months ago on a Cayman GTS 4.0, however after driving a 991.2 GTS, I decided the 911was what I really wanted so my dealer has me down for a Carrera S and I’m racking my brain and nerves over Color and options now.

Following options are what I plan on ordering my C2S with as options, its a very low option build.
- Aventurine Green Metallic or Gentian Blue Metallic
- 20"/21" Carrera Classic Wheels
- Model Designation changed to '911'
- Slate Grey leather
- Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
- Sport Package (PDK) c/w Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, PASM Sport suspension
- GT Sport Steering Wheel
- Storage Package
- Smoking Package

Last edited by Newusername; 08-03-2021 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:27 AM
InTheClouds
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts

Joining the waiting room, this will be my first 911.

MY2022 C4S ordered with the following options:
  • Premium Package
  • 20"/21" Carrera Classic Wheels
  • Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Silver
  • Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
  • Sport Package
  • 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
  • Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
  • Leather Interior in Slate Grey with Chalk Stitching
  • Gentian Blue Metallic
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Smoking Package
  • Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
  • Included First Year /d 10,000 Mile Maintenance
  • Ionizer
  • Exclusive Design Taillights
  • Seat Belts in Chalk
  • Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather

Allocation/Purchase info:
  • 7/25 - Sent Porsche Code to local dealer
  • 7/26 - Dealer offered immediate allocation at MSRP, P&S signed, and TYD link hit my inbox same day
    • 9/21 = Lock Date
    • 12/3 = Estimated Arrival at Dealer

Beyond excited!
The following 3 users liked this post by InTheClouds:
AlterZgo (08-01-2021), Go Bruins (08-01-2021), icanthelpit (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 09:53 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Secured my place in line for a 2022 GTS at MSRP yesterday. Here’s my build:

No Sunroof (since 1985 owning 911's I can probably count the times I've used one on both hands)
  • Adventurine Green
  • Leather Interior in Slate Gray/Chalk (may add deviated stitching in agave green)
  • Premium Package
  • Deletion of Model Designation on Rear
  • PDK
  • Extended Range Fuel Tank
  • Front Axle Lift System
  • 20”/21” RS Design Spyder Wheels in Satin Black
  • Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package (may change to 14-way after I actually sit in 18-way tomorrow)
  • Ventilated Seats (Front)
  • Heated GT Steering Wheel in Race-Tex
  • Seat Belts in Agave Green
  • Smoking Package (I'm not a smoker but hey take anything Porsche is giving free)
  • Interior Trim Inlays in Exterior Color
Less than a year wait, which lines up nicely with my retirement. I have a bit of allocation priority due to my past business with the dealership, but not holding my breath.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:52 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheClouds
Joining the waiting room, this will be my first 911.

MY2022 C4S ordered with the following options:
  • Premium Package
  • 20"/21" Carrera Classic Wheels
  • Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Silver
  • Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
  • Sport Package
  • 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
  • Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
  • Leather Interior in Slate Grey with Chalk Stitching
  • Gentian Blue Metallic
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Smoking Package
  • Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
  • Included First Year /d 10,000 Mile Maintenance
  • Ionizer
  • Exclusive Design Taillights
  • Seat Belts in Chalk
  • Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather

Allocation/Purchase info:
  • 7/25 - Sent Porsche Code to local dealer
  • 7/26 - Dealer offered immediate allocation at MSRP, P&S signed, and TYD link hit my inbox same day
    • 9/21 = Lock Date
    • 12/3 = Estimated Arrival at Dealer

Beyond excited!
Nice spec, same color and wheels as my 911 spec. I just added “Wheels painted in high gloss black” to my exclusives. I did not have that initially on my specification but added it after seeing them painted black in person. Picture from another thread, where a poster had some great comparison pictures.

3rdpedal (08-02-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 03:55 PM
InTheClouds
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts

Do you mean you also have the slate grey interior, @Mark S ?

I’m getting this interior sight unseen as local dealers have no 992s in physical stock. Picked it purely off the online configurator. Im also getting 18 ways without sitting in them for same reason, not sure how 14 vs 18s feel different.

If you (or anyone else) has some HQ pics of a slate grey interior, that would be appreciated. I tried doing some google and youtube keyword searching, but nothing great showing off slate grey in detail, seems less popular option...
Old 08-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

No I have Gentian Blue with Truffle Brown with chalk stitching. The dealer had a Truffle brown interior on the lot and my wife liked it so done deal. I was lucky that the dealer also had all 3 seats on cars on the lot. It was close but I liked the 14 ways slightly better than the 18 ways but both are excellent. You really need to sit in both to decide. I found the side bolsters made it a little difficult to exit the car.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:30 PM
WS911
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m getting this interior sight unseen as local dealers have no 992s in physical stock. Picked it purely off the online configurator. Im also getting 18 ways without sitting in them for same reason, not sure how 14 vs 18s feel different.

If you (or anyone else) has some HQ pics of a slate grey interior, that would be appreciated. I tried doing some google and youtube keyword searching, but nothing great showing off slate grey in detail, seems less popular option...

this guy posts a lot videos of interior and exterior. Slate grey is on one these cars in this video but in a garage lighting isn’t the best
Old 08-01-2021, 05:45 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

how about partial
LodiCibolli (08-05-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 06:00 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 827 Likes on 383 Posts
Default Order placed and the wait begins !!!!

I have been waiting since March for an allocation for a Boxster GTS - my dealer called last week and announced they had an allocation for December delivery.

At the same time my SA also stated they had an allocation for a 911 Carrera. I had been playing around with various configurations and had saved a build for a 911 that came in around the same price as the GTS.

I plan on leasing the car and the residual value of the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so I will save some money on the lease payments by choosing the 911.

Both are great cars and its been a lot of fun dreaming of driving a Porsche and finally it's going to happen but not quite the way I had planned.

When I finally had to make the decision and confirm my order I chose the 911 !!!!

Looking forward to the PEC delivery in Atlanta and the Porsche experience.

My order is confirmed and delivery is scheduled for November 28.

Here is the configuration code - PNNRLDV8

Old 08-01-2021, 07:36 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999

how about partial
Absolutely stunning!
The following 2 users liked this post by dgtarga:
doug_999 (08-03-2021), tomingrassia (08-08-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 11:49 PM
commie
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

i’ll take some pic of mine for you. I just took delivery of my 2CS and it’s the same spec as yours. gentian blue with slate grey/chalk stitch interior. Even the options are the same except I didn’t get ACC.

I really like the slate grey against the GB.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!