Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 01:54 PM
Daddeo
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LodiCibolli
Hmmm. Just read through a couple of those threads. Seems to imply that BMW and MB's Euro Delivery programs are a bit better organized. I think I'll go for PEC Atlanta for my 992. But I did tell my wife that her next car needs to be a BMW or Mercedes. For one very particular reason. She was happy to oblige!
-LC
FYI. I'm pretty sure BMW discontinued their ED program.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:31 PM
German1967
Pro

Received 601 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddeo
FYI. I'm pretty sure BMW discontinued their ED program.
Correct, no more ED for BMW NA orders.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:02 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by svkarl
I get to leave the waiting room. I took delivery of my C2S at PECLA on Wednesday. My story goes back to reaching out to a recommended SA (David Soyk) at Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas on August 25. At that time, I'd been searching for a build allocation for a Miami Blue car, understanding Porsche was planning on discontinuing that color. My local dealer in Portland was unable (actually unwilling) to attempt to trade for an allocation to beat Porsche's paint cutoff. David and the sales manager worked hard into September and ended up trading for a configurable allocation out of Maryland and got me a commission number and V70 status in late September. PCNA told me (and Gaudin) as long as the build was locked before December 10, we could get Miami. Four days after we secured the Maryland car, PCNA told Gaudin they had painted the last MB 992 that day and were done with that paint color.

We fell back and talked about whether I wanted another color or what. This is my first special order Porsche (I've had an 84 Targa for 20 years) and I won't be getting another, ordering a custom 911 is a long time dream me and after years of saving and planning, I am finally able to make that happen, so I want what I want and won’t settle.

I finally decided I’d choose a pre-approved custom color off the PTS list. David was extremely helpful with input and I spent a bunch of time on Rennbow and other sources of photos from various sources. When I first decided I’d be ordering a car I became set on Black and Bordeaux for the interior and I’ve never waivered from that. They got a PTS allocation on Christmas day, along with a commission number, and again, V70. We found out that the car would lock on January 13 so we got the build together, again with significant help from David and from their sales manager Rico.

The car was built at the end of April, we got dates for PECLA in early May, the car got to Houston mid June and as noted, we did the delivery Wednesday.

It’s been a great adventure and I can’t say enough about David at Gaudin and Charles Turner at PECLA, who made my day there one of the most memorable ever.

The car is Oslo Blue.

Thanks for putting up with my long-winded post.
what a beautiful color. Congrats!!!!
Old 07-27-2021, 01:39 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
VERY nice (acknowledging my bias) - as I have a very similar build in a Targa. My original wheel choice was also the Carrera Classics - with a little time I found that they blended in too much with the GT silver exterior for my liking. I ended up switching them out for 911 Turbo wheels. Before and after shown - but no bad choices. Some raise concern about the Turbo wheels being difficult to keep clean but that hasn't been my experience and I had them on a 991.2 C4S.

Disclaimers:
GT Silver is iconic but to me a bit boring. Our Macan S is silver (I'm sure not the same silver) and I'm like meh. But GT Silver does look great in pics.
Not a Targa fan. Had a 997 Cab. Wanted a coupe. Got a 992 coupe. I think the 992 Targa is amazing tech and engineering but I'm just not a Targa fan. Doesn't change the fact that it is really cool, just not what I would get.
I originally was set for those Turbo wheels. But b/c they are almost identical to my Macan wheels and the Macan/Cayenne and now Taycan sport the same or similar wheels and have for a while and the cleaning aspect, I decided to go a different route. After thinking that was my only option. Weird.
Anyway, I considered Exclusives with the black accents vs Classics, even the Carrera S wheel and eventually went Classics, but my car is Gentian Blue so a different feel to Classics on GT Silver.
I wouldn't get a Targa, or Silver, and decided against those wheels.

That said, I have to say, that car is STUNNING!! Soup to nuts. Decals and all. Beautiful.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3rdpedal:
dgtarga (07-27-2021), MG997 (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 08:10 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Looks like I'll be in the waiting room longer than I thought. I ordered in April and was given a PEC LA delivery date in September. In June, TYD showed a change in both lock date and delivery - mid July and late October. Now it's showing a September lock date and early December delivery. Is anyone else seeing these sort of delays?
Old 07-27-2021, 08:24 PM
bigmoney
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My car has been on the Siem Aristotle for 6 days. Moored in Emden. Very frustrating close after all these months. Would be able to get mid August.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:41 AM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone on the Antares Leader? Supposed to dock in SD, but why is the boat near Long Beach port?
Old 07-28-2021, 02:06 AM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by laurenxesq
what a beautiful color. Congrats!!!!
thank you, waiting for completion of PPF/Ceramic/tint, taking final delivery Thursday then 2 week, 2500 mile road trip home!
The following users liked this post:
laurenxesq (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 02:11 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by xs2k
Anyone on the Antares Leader? Supposed to dock in SD, but why is the boat near Long Beach port?
I’m on it. Had another stop first in Port Hueneme first then to SD. Makes no sense as I’ll actually be closer to my dealer at this stop then I will in SD. Track it on Fleetmon and it shows next port.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:29 AM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
I’m on it. Had another stop first in Port Hueneme first then to SD. Makes no sense as I’ll actually be closer to my dealer at this stop then I will in SD. Track it on Fleetmon and it shows next port.
Sounds crazy. Mine going to Rusnak which is right next to Port Hueneme as well, but they’re taking it to SD. SMH
Old 07-28-2021, 05:09 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Looks like I'll be in the waiting room longer than I thought. I ordered in April and was given a PEC LA delivery date in September. In June, TYD showed a change in both lock date and delivery - mid July and late October. Now it's showing a September lock date and early December delivery. Is anyone else seeing these sort of delays?
Anything interesting on your build? Share the code, there has to be something "unique" that is causing this?
Old 07-28-2021, 07:39 AM
wannarun
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
I would venture to guess that VW Group doesn't have a port processing facility at that port.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:51 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
I have a similar order date and initial delivery date at PEC-LA. However, I only got bumped a month, which put my delivery in mid-October. Now, my 911 Targa 4 is actually being built, per my sales advisor and TYD. The only thing I can think of as to why you've had such a delay is either a part or color or option is in your car that's not in mine.

Last edited by Go Bruins; 07-28-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:52 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by xs2k
Sounds crazy. Mine going to Rusnak which is right next to Port Hueneme as well, but they’re taking it to SD. SMH
Which Rusnak? I am picking mine up at Rusnak as well; Pasadena in late Oct/early Nov.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:21 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
I have a similar order date and initial delivery date at PEC-LA. However, I only got bumped a month, which put my delivery in mid-October. Now, my 911 Targa 4 is actually being built, per my sales advisor and TYD. The only thing I can think of as to why you've had such a delay is either a part or color or option is in your car that's not in mine.
I have a pretty straightforward build. Gentian C4S with Sport Tex interior and manual gearbox. Only semi-unusual option is FAL.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!