Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 09:20 PM
rickd
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Very excited to say my C2S (pics below) is on the Glovis Sun and expected at Port Benicia on 10/29, PEC-LA on 11/19 and Delivery shortly thereafter. Hopefully everything goes to plan and smooth sailing (literally) from here.

As far the accuracy of the TYD and overall My Porsche portal, it has certainly been a hit and miss. From my experience, I think it's fair to say that there's definitely a lag in the status updates as the overall process for the car progresses and as such, a bit of inconsistency in the accuracy of the data in there. From what I have seen, it takes a few days to a week for the system to catch up to the current / accurate status of where the car is in the workflow. Case in point, by the time the system showed my car as being completed, it was about 3 days after actual completion date and same thing now where in the Phase mode, it hasn't updated to show "On it's Way" even though it's on the Vessel in middle of Atlantic (about a week now). I have been generally pleased with the overall timeline (knocking on wood) as I am within a week or so of the original expected / targeted delivery date. Tracking the vessel progression and counting down the days to delivery.

Hoping a smooth overall process for all the enthusiasts on this string waiting for delivery. The prize is worth the wait!!!! Happy Miles!

Order Date: May 2021
Allocation: June
Freeze Point: July 17th
Production Date: September 10th (Scheduled) / September 13th (Actual)
Production Completion: September 17th (Scheduled) / September 20th (Actual)
Arrival at Emden Port: September 17th (Scheduled) / September 21st (Actual)
On Vessel: October 8th (Scheduled) / September 27th (Actual)
Port Arrival: October 29th (Scheduled)
PEC-LA Arrival: November 19th (Scheduled)
Delivery: Late November (Confirmed / Scheduled)

Last edited by rickd; 10-04-2021 at 02:31 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by rickd:
AlterZgo (10-04-2021), M3Inline6 (10-03-2021), robert310 (10-03-2021), westcoastj (10-04-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 09:28 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rickd
Very excited to say my C2S (pics below) is on the Glovis Sun and expected at Port Benicia on 10/29, PEC-LA on 11/19 and Delivery shortly thereafter. Hopefully everything goes to plan and smooth sailing (literally) from here.

As far the accuracy of the TYD portal, it has certainly been a hit and miss. From my experience, I think it's fair to say that there's definitely a lag in the status updates as the overall process for the car progresses and as such, a bit of inconsistency in the accuracy of the data in there. From what I have seen, it takes a few days to a week for the system to catch up to the current / accurate status of where the car is in the workflow. Case in point, by the time the system showed my car as being completed, it was about 3 days after actual completion date and same thing now where in the Phase mode, it hasn't updated to show "On it's Way" even though it's on the Vessel in middle of Atlantic (about a week now). I have been generally pleased with the overall timeline (knocking on wood) as I am within a week or so of the original expected / targeted delivery date. Tracking the vessel progression and counting down the days to delivery.

Hoping a smooth overall process for all the enthusiasts on this string waiting for delivery. The prize is worth the wait!!!! Happy Miles!

Order Date: May 2021
Allocation: June
Freeze Point: July 17th
Production Date: September 10th (Scheduled) / September 17th (Actual)
Production Completion: September 14th (Scheduled) / September 20th (Actual)
Arrival at Emden Port: September 17th (Scheduled) / September 21st (Actual)
On Vessel: October 8th (Scheduled) / September 27th (Actual)
Port Arrival: October 29th (Scheduled)
PEC-LA Arrival: November 19th (Scheduled)
Delivery: TBD in November
Nice build, congrats. I assume that your next task is to schedule delivery with PECLA? I'm curious to know how far out they are scheduling right now because, in theory, there should be a backlog at this time. Would you mind updating this thread and let us know what they tell you in terms of time between you car getting there and the actual date for your PECLA trip?
Old 10-04-2021, 01:28 AM
rickd
Advanced

@ JiminyGlick-
Good question. I actually received an intro email from PCNA / PEC-LA back in June/July confirming my PEC-LA Delivery. In that note, they indicated that a follow-up email would be provided. Specifically, it stated "Once your vehicle has completed production and is on a vessel, you will receive an email notification with your delivery date options based on the confirmed ETA of your vehicle and PEC availability." This is actually my 2nd PEC-LA delivery so based on previous experience, I took the liberty to reach out to my PCNA contact once my vehicle was assigned to a vessel rather than wait for the follow-up email. As such, we connected and formalized the delivery details. Based on my previous delivery, if there are delays at port or other reasons, they will coordinate with you on the appropriate adjustments to delivery date. My vehicle gets into port on 10/29 and my delivery is setup for late November so based on this, I would assume / guestimate that they are probably running in general / on average around 3 to 5 week window from arrival at port to delivery. Mine is working out to be around 4 weeks from arrival at port to PECLA delivery. As you look to schedule, that of course can change if they get further back logged in the PECLA scheduling and / or experience delays in getting the vehicles released from the port. Sometimes, you can get lucky in that your vehicle is one of the ones that leaks out the of port bottle neck and the scheduling allows for you to take someone else's earlier spot that is getting pushed back. Not ideal circumstances but there is a lot of fluidity here so you never know. Hope that helps and best of luck with the process.

Last edited by rickd; 10-04-2021 at 02:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rickd:
Go Bruins (10-04-2021), JiminyGlick (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 01:39 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Once the "scheduled for production" status is updated, how long after did it take your cars to be built (I got the notification on Oct 1)? I'm in Canada so we get the neutered version of the TYD. My official lock date was supposed to be Oct 22, with production entry Oct 29 and completion Nov 12 - final delivery Jan 21. I'm wondering if my car is ahead of schedule? I'm trying to beat the Jan 1 timeline for the new federal luxury tax.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:51 AM
rickd
Advanced

The scheduled production date was set in TYD from the point the vehicle went into V200. The actual start of production date ending up being about 3 days past the original scheduled start date. Total time for my vehicle from actual start of production to completed production was about 7 days. From there, it was another 2 days to Embden Port. It was at Port for another few days and then on vessel. For my vehicle, the total time from actual start of production to delivery is looking at around 10 weeks. However, I will say that things for my build, overall thus far, seemed to have gone pretty smoothly through the process (knocking on wood) compared to some of the other stories I have read on this and other threads. With my build, there weren't any delays post production to Embden (arrived within 1 day) and time from arrival at Embden to getting on a vessel was only a few days. Hope that helps and best of luck in taking delivery before the end of the CY.

Last edited by rickd; 10-04-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:25 AM
ibopm
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
Once the "scheduled for production" status is updated, how long after did it take your cars to be built (I got the notification on Oct 1)? I'm in Canada so we get the neutered version of the TYD. My official lock date was supposed to be Oct 22, with production entry Oct 29 and completion Nov 12 - final delivery Jan 21. I'm wondering if my car is ahead of schedule? I'm trying to beat the Jan 1 timeline for the new federal luxury tax.
I'm in a similar situation, and also in Canada. On My Porsche, I had the following dates for the first two stages:

1. "Order is created": July 17
2. "Scheduled for production": Sep 28

On my SA's computer system, it showed:

- V200 Delivery date determined: Jul 16 (actual date: Sep 22)
- V250 Vehicle fixed: Oct 15
- V260 Vehicle entry to body shop: Oct 29
- V270 Vehicle exit production: Nov 05
- V300 Vehicle completion: Nov 12
- V331 Entry port Emden: Nov 12
- V332 Exit port Emden: Dec 03
- K000 Entry port Halifax: Dec 17

I guess the dates are lining up just fine so far, but I wonder when I'll start to see pics of the car.

Last edited by ibopm; 10-04-2021 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:06 AM
rickd
Advanced

Not sure about the Canadian vehicles. Based on what I've read, the TYD functions are different than what they offer here in the States but assuming they still provide them and they follow similar timelines for the U.S. vehicles, you and/or your SA should have access to the pics within a couple of days after V300.
The following users liked this post:
ibopm (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 04:19 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by rickd
The scheduled production date was set in TYD from the point the vehicle went into V200. The actual start of production date ending up being about 3 days past the original scheduled start date. Total time for my vehicle from actual start of production to completed production was about 7 days. From there, it was another 2 days to Embden Port. It was at Port for another few days and then on vessel. For my vehicle, the total time from actual start of production to delivery is looking at around 10 weeks. However, I will say that things for my build, overall thus far, seemed to have gone pretty smoothly through the process (knocking on wood) compared to some of the other stories I have read on this and other threads. With my build, there weren't any delays post production to Embden (arrived within 1 day) and time from arrival at Embden to getting on a vessel was only a few days. Hope that helps and best of luck in taking delivery before the end of the CY.
But what triggers the change from phase 1 (order created) to phase 2 (production is scheduled) on the TYD page? Like I said my lock date was supposed to be Oct 22 and build start date Oct 29. Just wondering if it's a possible sign my build date might be ahead of schedule, or if I'm just reading into this too much.

Last edited by westcoastj; 10-04-2021 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:33 AM
rickd
Advanced

Those dates were provided in my TYD / My Porsche portal from the very beginning and at the same time after my build went into V200 and they were pretty much spot on (within 3 days of original target date). When I received my email to My Porsche indicating my order was created and accepted, it provided the Phase 2 target date at the same time. When my build went into Phase 2, it reflected as such in TYD. If your TYD shows an earlier production start date, then it could be a good sign but I wouldn't rely on it until it formally goes into start of production. From reading other threads, there's been a lot of back and forth tweaks to some of these dates and overall fluidity in the process.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:10 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,449 Likes on 2,807 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
But what triggers the change from phase 1 (order created) to phase 2 (production is scheduled) on the TYD page? Like I said my lock date was supposed to be Oct 22 and build start date Oct 29. Just wondering if it's a possible sign my build date might be ahead of schedule, or if I'm just reading into this too much.
What matters is the final delivery date. If the schedule has meaningfully bumped up, the final date will changed to something sooner. My final date recently bumped up 20 days earlier than originally reported. One of the big bottlenecks is the shipping schedule. Doesn't really matter if the build is produced a bit early if it doesn't get scheduled on to an earlier ship for transport.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:49 AM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 826 Likes on 383 Posts

I just went to milestone 3 Production scheduled to begin 10/15 - milestone 4 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 10-04-2021, 01:06 PM
earldorsey
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Received same message in TYD
Old 10-04-2021, 01:11 PM
Huddo
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Mine is Scheduled for Production by 10/8 with Start Production by 10/15. No update yet on reaching the Schedule milestone. I'm hoping before Friday.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:14 PM
miata.to.992
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like my 992 got assigned to "RCC Europe". It showed up on "On Vessel" stage with small font under it.

For others who are curious, mine arrived at Emden on 10/1. So those of you who are looking to receive delivery in US west and reached Emden at around 10/1 might make it to RCC Europe.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:39 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by miata.to.992
Looks like my 992 got assigned to "RCC Europe". It showed up on "On Vessel" stage with small font under it.

For others who are curious, mine arrived at Emden on 10/1. So those of you who are looking to receive delivery in US west and reached Emden at around 10/1 might make it to RCC Europe.
Same here for my Targa 4. According to the schedule, it should leave Emden today, with a stop in San Diego on 11/4 and Benicia on 11/8. I'm doing PEC-LA delivery, so I assume that will be a few weeks later.

The following users liked this post:
breny4104 (10-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!