Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 01:43 AM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Antares Leader is currently en route to Japan, but TYD shows on vessel at SD port. Anyone with similar experience? TYD not updated? Is the car just having a tailgate party at the port?
Old 08-02-2021, 01:45 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 474 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by xs2k
Antares Leader is currently en route to Japan, but TYD shows on vessel at SD port. Anyone with similar experience? TYD not updated? Is the car just having a tailgate party at the port?
I’m showing the same thing.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:20 AM
becauseitis
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
I’m showing the same thing.
I was on the Grand Sapphire and it got into port (Benecia SF) on Thursday and TYD still says same, entry port. Think that it (TYD) just does not update in real time. I am hoping I am on a truck by now and hopefully you are as well.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:52 AM
NotanotherIMS
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

November build date confirmed here in UK with delivery December Targa 4 GTS

Been umming and errring about the GTS interior and finally succumbed today - changed my GT Silver order to Jet Black with the GTS interior package

I figured it will be easier to sell long term - short term what's a few hundred extra on a premium priced car

Hope you like

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PNF3F7R6
Old 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I double check the track by Marine Tracker which shows the ships AIS. TYD is pretty accurate on the ship movement, but if the AIS system is not reporting then TYD will not be accurate.

Tracking a Taycan on the Siem Aristotle which kept going dark on AIS while in Emden and is not doing the same enroute to Halifax.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,791 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark S
Nice spec, same color and wheels as my 911 spec. I just added “Wheels painted in high gloss black” to my exclusives. I did not have that initially on my specification but added it after seeing them painted black in person. Picture from another thread, where a poster had some great comparison pictures.
I posted those
Old 08-02-2021, 01:54 PM
commie
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheClouds
Do you mean you also have the slate grey interior, @Mark S ?

I’m getting this interior sight unseen as local dealers have no 992s in physical stock. Picked it purely off the online configurator. Im also getting 18 ways without sitting in them for same reason, not sure how 14 vs 18s feel different.

If you (or anyone else) has some HQ pics of a slate grey interior, that would be appreciated. I tried doing some google and youtube keyword searching, but nothing great showing off slate grey in detail, seems less popular option...
here are some pics of Slate Grey with chalk stitching interior with GB exterior. also, has the 18-way seats. Let me know if you want just interior only pics.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:00 PM
InTheClouds
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts

Awesome, thanks a lot @commie ! I think that definitely makes me like it more than the online configurator. (Looks way darker on the configurator)

Do you have the slate grey floor mats as well or are those standard black? Hard to tell from the sun. I'm planning on getting standard black mats to add some contrast to the interior.

If you would not mind a few additional interior pics when you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it. Primarily steering wheel/dash, the console area, passenger dash, and full pic of one of the door cards. I'm curious to see how the different colors/textures flow up close.

Additionally -- do you find the 18-way bolsters make it difficult to get in/out of the car? Your pics definitely show how prominent the side bolsters are! Making me consider 14-ways...

Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:02 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome, thanks a lot @commie ! I think that definitely makes me like it more than the online configurator. (Looks way darker on the configurator)

Do you have the slate grey floor mats as well or are those standard black? Hard to tell from the sun. I'm planning on getting standard black mats to add some contrast to the interior.

If you would not mind a few additional interior pics when you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it. Primarily steering wheel/dash, the console area, passenger dash, and full pic of one of the door cards. I'm curious to see how the different colors/textures flow up close.

Additionally -- do you find the 18-way bolsters make it difficult to get in/out of the car? Your pics definitely show how prominent the side bolsters are! Making me consider 14-ways...

Thanks again.
I agree. I was skeptical about the Slate and went into a dealer to see it in person. Looks almost black in configurator. Looks awesome in person. I have Chalk exterior. Honestly, I like that green interior with the Chalk, but family is trying to talk me out of it. Says it would be hard to ever resell. Slate is safer for sure.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:52 PM
commie
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks again.
Sorry for the poor picture quality, the glare from the sun was causing iPhone focus issue. Here are a few more of the inside.

The car came with grey carpet mats, the dealer threw in some black plastic mats that I have on there. Carpet mats is in the frunk, not sure if I will use it.

I don’t have issue with the 18 way seats getting In and out, although I am a slim person. I haven’t driven the car much in the 3 weeks, but this weekend went for a 200km ride, and the seats were so comfortable. Much better than my BMW’s.

you will like the GB with slate grey, I was worry about it being too light, but it’s just enough from black, to give it some lightness and contrast.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:07 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Secured my place in line for a 2022 GTS at MSRP yesterday. Here’s my build:

No Sunroof (since 1985 owning 911's I can probably count the times I've used one on both hands)
  • Adventurine Green
  • Leather Interior in Slate Gray/Chalk (may add deviated stitching in agave green)
  • Premium Package
  • Deletion of Model Designation on Rear
  • PDK
  • Extended Range Fuel Tank
  • Front Axle Lift System
  • 20”/21” RS Design Spyder Wheels in Satin Black
  • Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package (may change to 14-way after I actually sit in 18-way tomorrow)
  • Ventilated Seats (Front)
  • Heated GT Steering Wheel in Race-Tex
  • Seat Belts in Agave Green
  • Smoking Package (I'm not a smoker but hey take anything Porsche is giving free)
  • Interior Trim Inlays in Exterior Color
Less than a year wait, which lines up nicely with my retirement. I have a bit of allocation priority due to my past business with the dealership, but not holding my breath.
Revised my build: PNP6ML35
Maybe here before end of 2021 according to my dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by icanthelpit:
audiophilitis (08-05-2021), becauseitis (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 10:52 PM
992DAD
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Been lurking since I went from V70 to V200 on March 23rd, figured I was long overdue for registering and saying hello!
I'm officially here for one more day as my '21 992 C2S arrived at the dealership from the Port of Benicia yesterday!
Going to pick her up on Friday and begin a beautiful relationship with my new 992!
Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 01:19 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Officially in status V070 now. Build code: PN6G9WX9
Old 08-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Ready to leave this post behind. Car has arrived!

It has been a pleasure.

My 2021 Turbo S just arrived at the dealership.

After all of the waiting and frustrations with getting my email registered. The Track My Dream system finally got configured on Porsche's side (had to call Porsche USA 4 times), and I did get production pictures, and it turns out the timing was very accurate after all.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:58 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Officially in status V070 now. Build code: PN6G9WX9
Did they give you an estimate on when they would have an allocation for you?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!