Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 07:38 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
I have a pretty straightforward build. Gentian C4S with Sport Tex interior and manual gearbox. Only semi-unusual option is FAL.
That's so strange. Mine is quite similar: Targa 4, Dolomite Silver, FAL, Sport-Tex, 4-way sport seats +. Now it really makes no sense. Our calendar dates were almost identical: April order with June build and September delivery at PEC-LA. In May, it all got moved back a month, which delayed delivery even more because of the August vacation. But mine is being built right now (5 days earlier than TYD had said). That really sucks for you and is hard to understand. I'll bet your salesperson can't get a good answer for you.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:33 PM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Have delays increased recently?

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
I ordered a 992 targa 4S on 7/24/2021. Dealer says 12 to 18 months. Does this sound right?

White metallic graphite/chalk leather with graphite seat centers. Sports package premier package 14 way seats. All safety driving options. Turbo wheels.

Last edited by tomingrassia; 07-28-2021 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-28-2021, 11:43 PM
tomingrassia
Racer

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Looks like I'll be in the waiting room longer than I thought. I ordered in April and was given a PEC LA delivery date in September. In June, TYD showed a change in both lock date and delivery - mid July and late October. Now it's showing a September lock date and early December delivery. Is anyone else seeing these sort of delays?
yes...ordered targa 4s on 7/24. Was told 12 to 18 months!

Old 07-29-2021, 12:01 AM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tomingrassia
I ordered a 992 targa 4S on 7/24/2021. Dealer says 12 to 18 months. Does this sound right?

White metallic graphite/chalk leather with graphite seat centers. Sports package premier package 14 way seats. All safety driving options. Turbo wheels.
Yeah, sounds right as in sounds like they don’t have an allocation and you are pretty deep on an allocation list.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:55 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
That's so strange. Mine is quite similar: Targa 4, Dolomite Silver, FAL, Sport-Tex, 4-way sport seats +. Now it really makes no sense. Our calendar dates were almost identical: April order with June build and September delivery at PEC-LA. In May, it all got moved back a month, which delayed delivery even more because of the August vacation. But mine is being built right now (5 days earlier than TYD had said). That really sucks for you and is hard to understand. I'll bet your salesperson can't get a good answer for you.
He told me that production is being pushed back and TYD is pretty conservative, so I might get the car earlier. I'm not in a rush, since we have both our 997 and Macan to drive in the meantime.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:49 AM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by laurenxesq
Which Rusnak? I am picking mine up at Rusnak as well; Pasadena in late Oct/early Nov.
Pasadena! They're probably one of the best Porsche dealers around.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:51 AM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Antares Leader is now taking a bathroom break at Long Beach before it heads to SD. From there, I guess my 992 will hop on the bus for a ride back up to Pasadena.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:27 AM
tomingrassia
Racer

Originally Posted by Thescout13
Yeah, sounds right as in sounds like they don’t have an allocation and you are pretty deep on an allocation list.
thanks....think zo am 4rg in lone.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:52 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts
Default VW Export Schedule

Attached is the newest VW Export Schedule. They have been very late in posting these to their website (if at all). I had emailed them a couple of times in the past so they put me on a mailing list rather than update the website more regularly - no idea why.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Volkswagen_Export_Schedule.pdf (113.2 KB, 101 views)
The following users liked this post:
slilley (07-30-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 11:12 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by tomingrassia
yes...ordered targa 4s on 7/24. Was told 12 to 18 months!
I think you're mixing apples and oranges. When you note that you "ordered" a Targa 4s, that can't be an actual in-hand allocation with a V200 status. There's no 12-18 month time frame from verified order to delivery. Could you kindly verify whether you have an allocation, build sheet, and a TYD invite? Or is it the dealer telling you that you're on a waiting list for an allocation and that the wait will be in the range you note? Those are two entirely different things.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:03 PM
robert310
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by svkarl
thank you, waiting for completion of PPF/Ceramic/tint, taking final delivery Thursday then 2 week, 2500 mile road trip home!
where are you having ppf and ceramic done ?
Old 07-29-2021, 12:11 PM
Sinof
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered my C4S Cab. end of may here in Belgium. Used to driving BMW and now in M4 conv. Wanted an Alpina B4 conv, but they are not gonna produce it. Secretely been in love with the 992 and the personalisation is what convinced me. Production slot in november.

PTS Azzurro Thetys
Blue hood
Blue interior full leather (stitching tone on tone)
Everthing in leather what is possible
Carrera exclusive wheels, not painted
Sportdesign sideskirts
Painted mirrors
Painted front spoiler
PASM -1cm
RAS
PDK
Sport chrono
Front lift
Black calipers
PCCB
Sport exhaust, chrome
White dials
Silvers safety belts
Interior leather trim
ambient light
ventilated seats,
Burmester sound system
and some other small stuff for comfort and safety…

Looking forward, delivery unknown, but probably january.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:48 PM
German1967
Pro

Received 601 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinof
Ordered my C4S Cab. end of may here in Belgium. Used to driving BMW and now in M4 conv. Wanted an Alpina B4 conv, but they are not gonna produce it. Secretely been in love with the 992 and the personalisation is what convinced me. Production slot in november.

PTS Azzurro Thetys
Blue hood
Blue interior full leather (stitching tone on tone)
Everthing in leather what is possible
Carrera exclusive wheels, not painted
Sportdesign sideskirts
Painted mirrors
Painted front spoiler
PASM -1cm
RAS
PDK
Sport chrono
Front lift
Black calipers
PCCB
Sport exhaust, chrome
White dials
Silvers safety belts
Interior leather trim
ambient light
ventilated seats,
Burmester sound system
and some other small stuff for comfort and safety…

Looking forward, delivery unknown, but probably january.
Congrats! Delivery should be earlier than January for Belgium. My C2S Cab U.S. build is scheduled for November production and (early) January delivery (behold any unforeseen delays).
Old 07-29-2021, 03:23 PM
Sinof
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by German1967
Congrats! Delivery should be earlier than January for Belgium. My C2S Cab U.S. build is scheduled for November production and (early) January delivery (behold any unforeseen delays).
Hopefully, but a lot of the extended
leather things are done after regular production in the exclusive department and this can take a while my dealer told me.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:54 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinof
Hopefully, but a lot of the extended
leather things are done after regular production in the exclusive department and this can take a while my dealer told me.
There have been videos posted in the past of the "exclusive design" or "custom tailoring" shop, and I recall a post from some time ago by a member who visited. They do relatively minor things in that shop - and definitely not everything that is noted as exclusive manufacture. I've had several cars go through that shop and all were in and out same day.
The following users liked this post:
Sinof (07-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!