Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 09:37 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 125 Posts

Bishu Highway is back under power and making its way to Houston.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:59 PM
GTlife
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats twin_turbo, that is Gentian I assume?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:33 PM
twin_turbo
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GTlife
Congrats twin_turbo, that is Gentian I assume?
It is. I really like it. Really pops in the Colorado sunshine.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:09 PM
wannarun
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Welcome to the Night Blue Metallic club. Must have something to do with "run" in our user names. Is yours manual or PDK?
I went PDK. This will be my daily, and my wife may need to drive it from time to time. I managed to test drive a 992 base and didn’t feel like I was missing out on the manual.

Selecting the color was probably the most difficult decision for me. Hearing that NBM will be PTS come November made me more comfortable with the decision.
The following users liked this post:
smiles11 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 04:37 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by wannarun
I went PDK. This will be my daily, and my wife may need to drive it from time to time. I managed to test drive a 992 base and didn’t feel like I was missing out on the manual.

Selecting the color was probably the most difficult decision for me. Hearing that NBM will be PTS come November made me more comfortable with the decision.
Mine will be my wife's daily and our "weekend" fun trip car. I put weekend in quotes because we're now retired, so our weekends can be anytime. She's been driving a manual ever since I taught her how to drive one on my 1978 Alfa Spider back when we were dating. I thought about getting a PDK, but Rennlisters convinced me that I wasn't ready to give up the manual. They were right. Does the "run" in your name come from being a distance runner?
Old 04-13-2021, 10:15 PM
alexwberg
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Frustrating. My SA says I won't get the build link until I'm in Production, but also tells me (and shows me) that my vehicle status is 250. Seems like you guys are able to see status well before that point. My current delivery date is June 25.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:46 PM
Gators-Go
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I’m 250 and my sales guy tells me the same thing even after I sent him the picture showing what other guys are getting right after their order was placed. He said it’s got to go to 260 then I’ll get a link from Porsche. He said he’s got nothing to do with and has no idea why they got that- all done by Porsche.
I even contacted Atlanta and they said you have to get a vin# before this link gets sent to me. I’m June 4 delivery.
alexwberg (04-14-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:51 PM
anupe
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 35 Posts

Exit stage left! Adios chicos y chicas. My C2S has arrived at the dealer

​​​​​​Happy watching and waiting to everyone! You'll have your car soon enough, it's really not that long of a waiting process. I can say that as I see light in my tunnel.

ribold01 (04-15-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 11:18 PM
Doc_Ad
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gators-Go
I’m 250 and my sales guy tells me the same thing even after I sent him the picture showing what other guys are getting right after their order was placed. He said it’s got to go to 260 then I’ll get a link from Porsche. He said he’s got nothing to do with and has no idea why they got that- all done by Porsche.
I even contacted Atlanta and they said you have to get a vin# before this link gets sent to me. I’m June 4 delivery.
Sorry for what may be a dumb question. I placed an order which, at least according to my Porsche, is scheduled for delivery on 6/4 as well.
What is the whole 250 and 260 thing? And what link from Porsche are you looking to get?

thanks.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:26 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc_Ad
Sorry for what may be a dumb question. I placed an order which, at least according to my Porsche, is scheduled for delivery on 6/4 as well.
What is the whole 250 and 260 thing? And what link from Porsche are you looking to get?

thanks.
Ask your SA for a screenshot from the the Porsche Management Software tracking Tab. The milestone codes are visible there.

Last edited by Joeybats; 04-14-2021 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:36 PM
wannarun
Instructor

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Mine will be my wife's daily and our "weekend" fun trip car. I put weekend in quotes because we're now retired, so our weekends can be anytime. She's been driving a manual ever since I taught her how to drive one on my 1978 Alfa Spider back when we were dating. I thought about getting a PDK, but Rennlisters convinced me that I wasn't ready to give up the manual. They were right. Does the "run" in your name come from being a distance runner?
I picked up this forum name a few decades back and it stuck with me. Back then I used to “race” about anything I could get my hands on. Started off street racing in high school (I know it’s bad). Then switched to dirt bikes and quads thru college.

Your wife will have a very nice daily! I’m feeling a bit emasculated with her getting a manual. 😉
Old 04-13-2021, 11:41 PM
wannarun
Instructor

Originally Posted by alexwberg
Frustrating. My SA says I won't get the build link until I'm in Production, but also tells me (and shows me) that my vehicle status is 250. Seems like you guys are able to see status well before that point. My current delivery date is June 25.
I’m no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. My order was placed on 4/6 and received my email from Porsche the next day. The email has the link to for Track Your Dream. Production scheduled for 6/4 with delivery on 7/30 (slipped 7 days in the past week).
Old 04-14-2021, 12:08 AM
alexwberg
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wannarun
I’m no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. My order was placed on 4/6 and received my email from Porsche the next day. The email has the link to for Track Your Dream. Production scheduled for 6/4 with delivery on 7/30 (slipped 7 days in the past week).
Odd. I wonder why were getting such different experiences. Nothing from Porsche to me yet. Well, they did take my 5k deposit...
Old 04-14-2021, 07:12 AM
Doc_Ad
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeybats
Ask your SA for a screenshot from the the Porsche Management Software tracking Tab. The milestone codes are visible there.
okay but - why?
What good does that information do me?
Old 04-14-2021, 08:29 AM
Joeybats
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc_Ad
okay but - why?
What good does that information do me?
First, it provides you with your commission number, which is proof you have an allocation. It provides you with the projected build dates, date it arrives in Emden, date it leaves on a vessel, date it arrives at port and date it is projected to arrive at your dealer. These dates are fluid, my SA has provided me these screenshots any time I have asked.

I recieved this screenshot the next day I left my deposit.

Hope that helps.
Tedster (04-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!