Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 10:28 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default EPA/CARB/NHTSA

I have looked at their websites and did not see anything new from EPA, CARB or NHTSA (approval of Matrix-type adaptive driving lights).
The following users liked this post:
tfcoll (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 12:00 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

My car rolled into Emden this morning.... hope to get on the Viking Queen next week.
Also got my VIN.
Oh yeah.

Last edited by dribar; 10-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dribar:
atl1glf (11-04-2020), Ernesto Otero (10-30-2020), tfcoll (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 12:24 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
I have looked at their websites and did not see anything new from EPA, CARB or NHTSA (approval of Matrix-type adaptive driving lights).
As far as the EPA is concerned, I've seen other members reference that status of EPA holds need come from the dealers to be accurate. I only say this because I'm yet to find any portion of the EPA site that features up to the day reporting on specific models, including those that have already been cleared like the Cayenne and Macan. CARB also seems to have lapsed on updating their reporting since the end of July and aside from any update to the headlights, it's hard to see where the NHTSA has anything new to approve since the 992 remains mostly unchanged from '20. All this to say, unless its an update from an SA, I wouldn't bet $0.02 on it.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:17 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Quick question for some help. I called PCNA today and got my car added in My Porsche account, FINALLY. However, there still no "Tract Your Dream" link anywhere showing up there. Wondering if I missed something? Really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me here.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:21 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
Quick question for some help. I called PCNA today and got my car added in My Porsche account, FINALLY. However, there still no "Tract Your Dream" link anywhere showing up there. Wondering if I missed something? Really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me here.
I finally got TYD link and it really takes communication with your salesperson and him/her calling Porsche NA to make sure your customer info has been input correctly on Porsche order system and also may require Porsche to reinitiate sending of TYD invite.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:32 PM
CliffClavin
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
I finally got TYD link and it really takes communication with your salesperson and him/her calling Porsche NA to make sure your customer info has been input correctly on Porsche order system and also may require Porsche to reinitiate sending of TYD invite.
Yeah, here’s the deal. Your salesman is getting a commission for not a lot of effort. Asking him/her to assist in this one endeavor is not out of bounds. Politely, but firmly ask they follow up on this for you.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:37 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by CliffClavin
Yeah, here’s the deal. Your salesman is getting a commission for not a lot of effort. Asking him/her to assist in this one endeavor is not out of bounds. Politely, but firmly ask they follow up on this for you.
It is a relatively new program and only 911s and maybe Taycan now so a lot of the salespeople have not done a TYD yet so they are learning also...
Old 10-31-2020, 03:41 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
As far as the EPA is concerned, I've seen other members reference that status of EPA holds need come from the dealers to be accurate. I only say this because I'm yet to find any portion of the EPA site that features up to the day reporting on specific models, including those that have already been cleared like the Cayenne and Macan. CARB also seems to have lapsed on updating their reporting since the end of July and aside from any update to the headlights, it's hard to see where the NHTSA has anything new to approve since the 992 remains mostly unchanged from '20. All this to say, unless its an update from an SA, I wouldn't bet $0.02 on it.
Clearly neither EPA or CARB are providing timely updates (and apparently PCNA/PAG are not either) and NHTSA does not appear to have moved ahead on approving Matrix-style adaptive headlights.

Since I would probably not take a sales-side prediction as definitive, I will just wait and keep my fingers crossed that the three agencies will move ahead - and soon!
Old 10-31-2020, 03:42 PM
CliffClavin
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

It is a relatively new program and only 911s and maybe Taycan now so a lot of the salespeople have not done a TYD yet so they are learning also...
Understood, but having them follow up instead of the customer is not an unwarranted ask.
The following users liked this post:
gohawks23 (10-31-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 05:27 PM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

True, my SA had to look up a memo about just to tell me about it.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:59 AM
steve8849
AutoX

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m not sure how accurate TYD actually is. My 992 has been sitting in port at Jacksonville since 10/6 with a delivery of 11/6 to dealer according to TYD. After checking this morning those dates have been updated. This is the 1st change in a month. Now showing port completion 11/2 ( yesterday) dealer completion showing 11/13. Like many, I’ve lost all confidence in TYD. Porsche obviously needs to get some decent IT people working on the software......ooops forgot, SHUTDOWN in Germany.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:04 AM
dribar
Racer

I've been at Emden a few days and TYD seems to parallel what I get from my SA. For me, the [Discover Current Phase] has been stuck at "your vehicle is scheduled for production" for over a month.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:14 AM
steve8849
AutoX

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

My TYD got stuck at Port Entry phase for several days. It finally updated to Port Processing completion 10/2 delivery 10/6.... that’s where it stayed for a month until today. I realize the back load of trucking from port to dealerships will take time to catch up but you think Porsche would reach out with updates.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:07 AM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

I am trying to order a new 2021 992. Allocations are not open yet from my dealership in Ohio. Thats OK for now as I am quite undecided about a few things...
1. Base Cabriolet or Coupe? Difference in money is significant but will add more options to the coupe than the cab, should I go that route. However, need opinions here. Does the functional wind deflector on the new model 911's really work to cut wind in cabin when top is down? Since its just the push of a button, appears to be quite easy to use. Being a woman, I hate what a convertible does to my long hair when I drive a cab. We have a 2002 911 cab and the wind is bad without the wind deflector and being an older model, wind deflector is all mechanical so we don't use it.
2. Color ? I am pretty set on either Carmine Red or GT Silver, CR winning out... But price upcharge is signficant, almost $4k for carmine red. Looks amazing in videos though...
3. 20/21 inch Carerra S wheels in standard silver with black and white crests or spend another 2k and get the Carerra Exclusive Design wheel which I love (retro looking). But price increase is significant. Almost 4k for the Exclusive wheels.
4. Am getting Sport Chrono and Sport Exhaust. Guys at dealership said both are a must have.
5. Am ordering sport faschia on front only. I do not like the open mouth look of the front. Rear is gorgeous as is. Not sure I completely like the faschia rear.
6. Is there a significant difference in the all leather package for the standard seats or not? Is partial leather noticeable in the interior? Full leather adds over 4k to price. Money IS an object for me. Want to keep total price 130k or less.

Sorry to hijack post but could not find on this forum where I could ask questions. This forum has been so helpful to me in deciding how to spec my new car order. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:14 AM
dribar
Racer

Originally Posted by steve8849
My TYD got stuck at Port Entry phase for several days. It finally updated to Port Processing completion 10/2 delivery 10/6.... that’s where it stayed for a month until today. I realize the back load of trucking from port to dealerships will take time to catch up but you think Porsche would reach out with updates.
That matches how the projected dates have changed for me. A few weeks the dates showed arrival into Jacksonville and delivery to the dealership in Sarasota all on the same day (12/11). Last week they added another week, so now Jacksonville is 12/11 and Sarasota is 12/18. Must be backlog as you stated.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!