Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 10:12 PM
NorthRoad
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice build!
I am debating seat belt colours, too (and Sport-Tex vs blue graphite leather interior lol; night blue ext). I also thought chalk seat belts would stain too easily. My SA suggested silver grey belts, and I checked the swatch. I thought they compliment the brushed aluminum package that I’m contemplating. I think silver greys would work with the aluminum in your trim. Another option (maybe too out there): truffle brown belts to match the Paldao wood.
I also agree with your thoughts on exhaust! I think the quads look great, and I can live with the lower volume/higher pitch. I don’t want to get PSE just because many reviewers say it’s a must have. Need to decide soon!
Best of luck👍
Old 11-10-2020, 02:19 AM
Kcposche25
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Freeze point in 10 days, comes in February 1!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMV263W9
Old 11-10-2020, 02:54 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Originally Posted by Kcposche25
Freeze point in 10 days, comes in February 1!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMV263W9
Nice, Very Nice!
Old 11-10-2020, 12:06 PM
steve8849
AutoX

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Delay delay delay

Just received 3rd delivery change from TYD. 10/6 to 11/6 to 11/13 and now 11/20.... I wonder what’s really going on!
Old 11-10-2020, 12:25 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,390 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by steve8849
Just received 3rd delivery change from TYD. 10/6 to 11/6 to 11/13 and now 11/20.... I wonder what’s really going on!
Porsche sandbagging to boost 2021 sales
The following users liked this post:
atl1glf (11-11-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:32 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Guys, Finally I got my TYD link sent to me and the first picture of the car in Body Shop. Could anyone got your 2nd picture in TYD let me know when usually the 2nd picture will show up if I have the luck, after production complete or before on-board of the vessel on port? Thanks!
Old 11-10-2020, 01:33 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
Hey Guys, Finally I got my TYD link sent to me and the first picture of the car in Body Shop. Could anyone got your 2nd picture in TYD let me know when usually the 2nd picture will show up if I have the luck, after production complete or before on-board of the vessel on port? Thanks!
Not to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but I never got the second picture. And I think some never got either one.

So the answer is--you get it when you get it, unless you don't get it :-)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
Good Luck! Mine has been sitting at the port of San Diego now for about a month. The "My Porsche" site still shows the car in step #3 and the only picture I have is of it exiting the Paint Shop. I've requested assistance several times and in several ways from Porsche. Absolutely nothing has come of my requests. I'd guess that this TYD program was someones baby and they either got promoted, died or retired before all the bugs were worked out of the system. So now it exists in a Half-A$$ form that is tantalizing to the customers (that'd be us) and is presently driving the Porsche Dealers up the wall and tying up the Customer Assistance Phone Desk with folks like us trying to get what TYD was supposed to promise. I predict that this TYD program will die a slow and agonizing marketing death. The Dealers will kill it. If I were a Dealer and I knew what I know now about the poor performance of this system, I'd want it gone yesterday. It's almost certainly not helping to sell any cars. It HAS to be consuming/wasting the time of their sales staff for no good reason that would help their bottom line. However it certainly is pissing off the customers they do have. So there is that!
Old 11-10-2020, 02:28 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Not to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but I never got the second picture. And I think some never got either one.

So the answer is--you get it when you get it, unless you don't get it :-)
Totally understood the situation here. Just try to stay in a positive attitude, and look forward to the best result,

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Good Luck! Mine has been sitting at the port of San Diego now for about a month. The "My Porsche" site still shows the car in step #3 and the only picture I have is of it exiting the Paint Shop. I've requested assistance several times and in several ways from Porsche. Absolutely nothing has come of my requests. I'd guess that this TYD program was someones baby and they either got promoted, died or retired before all the bugs were worked out of the system. So now it exists in a Half-A$$ form that is tantalizing to the customers (that'd be us) and is presently driving the Porsche Dealers up the wall and tying up the Customer Assistance Phone Desk with folks like us trying to get what TYD was supposed to promise. I predict that this TYD program will die a slow and agonizing marketing death. The Dealers will kill it. If I were a Dealer and I knew what I know now about the poor performance of this system, I'd want it gone yesterday. It's almost certainly not helping to sell any cars. It HAS to be consuming/wasting the time of their sales staff for no good reason that would help their bottom line. However it certainly is pissing off the customers they do have. So there is that!
I am 100% with you, sir. This TYD product is definitely not fully tested and the QA team should be fired as well, LOL. Maybe some offshore DEV and QA team's masterpiece to make customers like us suffer.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:31 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

I hate mentioning this as I don’t want to freak anyone out but I’m here at my Porsche dealership getting snows on the Cayenne and ran into my SA helping me with a 992 scheduled for 2/21 delivery. He says most cars come in fine but that he had a Cayenne sit at the port for 4 months and received it with water spots he could never fully remove.

Does that make sense? Even if it could happen wouldn’t Porsche remove them as part of normal prep?
Old 11-10-2020, 02:36 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

I was one of the lucky ones and have both pictures. If your car has completed production and you don't have the pictures then you probably never will. Porsche as much as admitted that they don't take pictures of every car. But, if you ordered a chalk 992 with carerra satin black wheels, feel free to use mine. No one will know the difference even with FAL active.

My car in the Body Shop

My car at the end of the line,
The following 2 users liked this post by inastrangeland:
RolandT (11-11-2020), Wilsontour (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 02:50 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
I was one of the lucky ones and have both pictures. If your car has completed production and you don't have the pictures then you probably never will. Porsche as much as admitted that they don't take pictures of every car. But, if you ordered a chalk 992 with carerra satin black wheels, feel free to use mine. No one will know the difference even with FAL active.

My car in the Body Shop

My car at the end of the line,
Show off!!

:-)

I just realized that maybe I can Photoshop your picture into Miami Blue and it'd be pretty close to my spec :-)
The following users liked this post:
inastrangeland (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 02:54 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Show off!!

:-)

I just realized that maybe I can Photoshop your picture into Miami Blue and it'd be pretty close to my spec :-)
Go for it. Or, maybe some kind soul will post a pic of a Miami Blue at the end of the line... Maybe..
Old 11-10-2020, 02:55 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

I'm terrible at Photoshop, but this is kind of close. I could probably use it on my avatar and I wouldn't even notice :-)

The following 2 users liked this post by markchristenson:
atl1glf (11-11-2020), inastrangeland (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 03:00 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Go for it. Or, maybe some kind soul will post a pic of a Miami Blue at the end of the line... Maybe..
Great input! Now I need some kind soul to post Dolomite Sliver with Classic Wheels, LOL.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!