Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 01:53 AM
Reata1
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Tick, tick, tick!
The following users liked this post:
Gigio (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,414 Likes on 685 Posts

69 days left and 6 days till freeze says TYD, wonder if this will change.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Reata1

Tick, tick, tick!
A day after you, but 20 days longer….

Reata1 (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 12:08 PM
ICU_PEKN
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone tracking the San Martin? It’s scheduled to dock 10/13 at Jacksonville Fl.

I opted for the ATL PEC which is closer to my home vs the dealer, thought the idea of a true test drive of cars capability on a track will be fun before driving my first 911home but with a caveat. PEC gave me a delivery date during the first week of December which adds 7 weeks from dock to pick up. The alternative is to cancel my PEC and pick it up at the dealer by the end of this month.

i don’t mind the wait but think 7 weeks is a bit excessive especially when I can opt to
make it shorter. Anyone one else undergo a similar experience?
Old 10-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by ICU_PEKN
Anyone tracking the San Martin? It’s scheduled to dock 10/13 at Jacksonville Fl.

I opted for the ATL PEC which is closer to my home vs the dealer, thought the idea of a true test drive of cars capability on a track will be fun before driving my first 911home but with a caveat. PEC gave me a delivery date during the first week of December which adds 7 weeks from dock to pick up. The alternative is to cancel my PEC and pick it up at the dealer by the end of this month.

i don’t mind the wait but think 7 weeks is a bit excessive especially when I can opt to
I think PEC Atlanta is busier than usual. My original TYD delivery date was 11/11/22 and PEC Atlanta emailed me to say they would work me in mid-late December. Now, TYD says my delivery date is 12/02/22 so I don't even want to know what PEC Atlanta will say. It's all pointless until the car is on the ship I know, so I guess I'll just deal with it then. My question is if our car is sitting in Atlanta for weeks on end, when do we begin insurance coverage? Kind of stinks thinking about insuring a car for nearly 2 months and not be able to drive it...
EXFIB (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 01:12 PM
ICU_PEKN
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
I think PEC Atlanta is busier than usual. My original TYD delivery date was 11/11/22 and PEC Atlanta emailed me to say they would work me in mid-late December. Now, TYD says my delivery date is 12/02/22 so I don't even want to know what PEC Atlanta will say. It's all pointless until the car is on the ship I know, so I guess I'll just deal with it then. My question is if our car is sitting in Atlanta for weeks on end, when do we begin insurance coverage? Kind of stinks thinking about insuring a car for nearly 2 months and not be able to drive it...
from what I understand you will still need to go to the dealership to complete the sale approx 2 weeks prior to delivery. Once you close on the car they will give you temp tags and other documents to take to the delivery on your scheduled date. I don’t believe you need an active policy for the car pre delivery but proof of vehicle insurance at time of delivery? Then you can get a policy within a couple days.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

from what I understand you will still need to go to the dealership to complete the sale approx 2 weeks prior to delivery. Once you close on the car they will give you temp tags and other documents to take to the delivery on your scheduled date. I don’t believe you need an active policy for the car pre delivery but proof of vehicle insurance at time of delivery? Then you can get a policy within a couple days.
My SA/Dealership is in Los Angeles and I live in Florida. That's why i take delivery at PEC Atlanta. Anyway, all I do is wire the money for the car when its time, take care of the sales tax and registration at my local DMV, then go to Atlanta. To take delivery I need the license plate, i.d., and proof of insurance. Simple.

What I meant about the insurance was, do I need a policy in force while the car is sitting in Atlanta awaiting me to show up at my scheduled time? Meaning, I'll most likely have to pay for the car weeks before I'm allowed to take delivery. Say I pay for the car on November 15th, but the earliest slot I can get in Atlanta is six weeks later on December 27th. Do I need insurance coverage for those six weeks, or is Atlanta responsible for the car's care until I'm actually allowed to take possession of it? I'm sure the car will be fine and taken care of for those six weeks, but it's a zany world we live in. Bear in mind I always pay cash for my cars, and of course I will try and pay for it as close to the delivery date as possible, but I don't know if my Dealership will go for that; and they've been exceptionally good to me and I certainly don't want to poison the relationship. With any luck they can pull some strings in Atlanta and get me in earlier. But let's get it on a ship first...lol.

Last edited by Smirnoff67; 10-08-2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:45 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Everyone here is tracking their vehicles on the boat and I am still waiting for my car to lock! lol

At this rate, I actually want my car to be delayed so I can take delivery in Spring vs. the Winter. I signed up for ATL PEC partly because I heard it will delay delivery by at least a month. Was even contemplating doing LA PEC since that would be a cool experience driving around great roads in the area. Keep in mind I am from PA so it would take some dedication to drive all the way back.

http://www.porschecode.com/PP6ZKDK5
Old 10-08-2022, 05:45 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

That Targa in white with high gloss looks badass!!
The following 2 users liked this post by EZ E:
DoubleD992GTS (10-09-2022), Reata1 (10-08-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Mig888
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

My car arrived at the port on October 5th according to the schedule on TMD. It was supposed to be “On Ship” on 10-7. However, TMD has not updated and simply states “Arrival Emden Port” and has not changed since the 5th. Does anyone else have a car that is on the schedule of arriving at port on the 5th that was supposed to be on the ship on the 7th, and if so, has your TMD status changed to indicate it is now on the ship?
Old 10-09-2022, 01:16 PM
rgoldm2
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mig888
My car arrived at the port on October 5th according to the schedule on TMD. It was supposed to be “On Ship” on 10-7. However, TMD has not updated and simply states “Arrival Emden Port” and has not changed since the 5th. Does anyone else have a car that is on the schedule of arriving at port on the 5th that was supposed to be on the ship on the 7th, and if so, has your TMD status changed to indicate it is now on the ship?
mine went through a bunch of changes at port. Watch for a change through the week. They update it periodically. Mine ended up getting on a ship ahead of their updated projection. This stuff is prob just out of their hands to a degree so they make a lot of changes
DoubleD992GTS (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 03:36 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 661 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Matjaz
A day after you, but 20 days longer….

the milestone date changes anytime the configuration is adjusted. best to compare lock date to ETA.
DoubleD992GTS (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 11:27 PM
pacent
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mig888
I'm in the same group as you where we all got our production photos around the same day. Mine still says "Arrival Emden Port" and it was supposed to be on a boat on the 7th. My scheduled delivery date has not changed from when it was delayed a couple months ago from October 28th to November 11th.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:45 AM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 850 Likes on 394 Posts

I believe we will be on SFL Conductor which arrived at Emden yesterday. Cars a re probably being loaded right now.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:49 AM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 850 Likes on 394 Posts

Yes - I would have waited 8 weeks last year so I cancelled and picked up at dealer (Perimeter Porsche).
PEC deliveries have limited slots and push your delivery out several weeks.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!