Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclecarmarcus
I hate to be this guy to bring it up.... but it looks like parts of Europe (obviously including Germany) may be looking at another shutdown do to Covid. Does everyone think our delivery estimates are still accurate? Or is this all in the wind now?
My car is supposed to hit production 11/13 and I think we are going to know a lot more by then...and most likely not good.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:01 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclecarmarcus
I hate to be this guy to bring it up.... but it looks like parts of Europe (obviously including Germany) may be looking at another shutdown do to Covid. Does everyone think our delivery estimates are still accurate? Or is this all in the wind now?

estimates not accurate, and "still in the wind"...so you'll need a mask !!
Old 10-29-2020, 12:04 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RD16RR

estimates not accurate, and "still in the wind"...so you'll need a mask !!
Who knows anything in this crazy new world...
Old 10-29-2020, 02:19 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Don't hold your breath...best advice I've seen is to make sure your sales has entered your order/contact info in some internal system that communicates with PCNA triggering them to email TYD link...my sales is looking into deeper tomorrow.
Update...it appears something was entered incorrectly in the system for my order and I should be getting TYD in 24 hours...so, if you aren't getting TYD link right away have your sales check/verify the customer order information on their systems.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:40 PM
markjeansonne
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

My order is locked in; arrival tentatively set for late January. C4S, Guards Red with gloss black exterior highlights, black-Mojave beige interior, rear-wheel steering, fold mirrors, rear wiper (Yes, I like!), carbon ceramic brakes with black calipers, no sports exhaust b/c the quad pipes look better IMHO. Traded my McLaren 570S for this!!!
The following users liked this post:
Harris27 (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 03:27 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

Got my commission number. What now?
Old 10-29-2020, 03:31 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by lucycan
sit on your hands...looks like it'll be a while....freshly renewed covid rules in europe are probably going to slow things down

i've had my commission # since July, i even got so far as to get information that the vehicle has entered into production, however, no word after that...officially the next step is "production finished"....that has yet to happen (4 weeks in)

someone mentioned it might be held up due to the aluminum gas cap option i ordered
Old 10-29-2020, 05:23 PM
Harris27
Advanced

Received 68 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Just ordered...now the wait begins...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMBT8AM5
Right there with ya. What’s your est date ?
Old 10-29-2020, 06:40 PM
melbay
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I probably wont need this dealer again for a car purchase. Maybe service. However my cousin bought his Targa at another dealership close by and he is pleased with their service. My review will be in depth and truthful. Some clear side markers and a Porsche hat may ease the pain.LOL
Old 10-29-2020, 08:40 PM
Ashbury
Cruisin'

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has been at the Port of Benicia for 9 days. Dealer says takes at least 2 weeks for California CARB testing.

Getting tired of waiting!

Still happy with all of my build choices that I made months and months ago. The only selection that I keep questioning is the front sport fascia. I went for it because I didn't like all of that plastic, but now the shark look is growing on me a bit. Probably wouldn't do that if I had to decide again. Super excited for Aventurine Green.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:58 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
Holy internet tabs...good news though
They're all related to Porsches! LOL
Originally Posted by markchristenson
My thought exactly :-)
Just stuff I want to read or download in my free time...as you can see not much of that thus the number to tabs open!
Old 10-30-2020, 04:07 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Don't hold your breath...best advice I've seen is to make sure your sales has entered your order/contact info in some internal system that communicates with PCNA triggering them to email TYD link...my sales is looking into deeper tomorrow.
And hope they entered the correct email. My initial one was incorrect in the dealer's system thus the 1 1/2 month it took me to finally get my TYD email. Dealer and TYD seemed to be somewhat similar but a bit off as my car ended up about 10 days early however took much longer for TYD to update.

Of not glad my car is done and here in US even with the 11/6 release/hold date pending.. My buddy stationed in Germany is looking to get a new '21 BMW M3 for himself vs a '21 base C2 but he's now concerned as Germany is locking down due to COVID for a month! This may push those with FY21 allocations and orders pending to the right a bit, Hope not...but wouldn't discount it.

​​​​​​https://news.yahoo.com/europe-faces-...110459129.html
Old 10-30-2020, 04:26 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lucycan
Wait..should update soon but otherwise can call PCNA and they can help assist. your SA can look into system too and see whats going on also.
Originally Posted by RD16RR
sit on your hands...looks like it'll be a while....freshly renewed covid rules in europe are probably going to slow things down

i've had my commission # since July, i even got so far as to get information that the vehicle has entered into production, however, no word after that...officially the next step is "production finished"....that has yet to happen (4 weeks in)

someone mentioned it might be held up due to the aluminum gas cap option i ordered
My car TYD said car was produced and headed to port for a month even after the car was loaded and left port. Only updated to car had shipped and entered US port until after it had arrived! SMDH.
Originally Posted by melbay
I probably wont need this dealer again for a car purchase. Maybe service. However my cousin bought his Targa at another dealership close by and he is pleased with their service. My review will be in depth and truthful. Some clear side markers and a Porsche hat may ease the pain.LOL
They took your deposit and said you've got a car but didn't have an allocation (thus no commission number and the run around and apologies from upper mgmt). Right now I'd have them show me/send me the commission number and printout from the Porsche order system as proof. You can also call PCNA and they often can match the commission number to your order. But otherwise you still may not have a car given what you said so far. That means I'd definitely at least consider a review that reflected such especially if I thought the dealership was deceitful or things were not done on the up and up. Especially so if you have another dealership you favor or plan to use. Be fair but be firm and truthful in your intent.
Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
And hope they entered the correct email. My initial one was incorrect in the dealer's system thus the 1 1/2 month it took me to finally get my TYD email. Dealer and TYD seemed to be somewhat similar but a bit off as my car ended up about 10 days early however took much longer for TYD to update.

Of not glad my car is done and here in US even with the 11/6 release/hold date pending.. My buddy stationed in Germany is looking to get a new '21 BMW M3 for himself vs a '21 base C2 but he's now concerned as Germany is locking down due to COVID for a month! This may push those with FY21 allocations and orders pending to the right a bit, Hope not...but wouldn't discount it.

​​​​​​https://news.yahoo.com/europe-faces-...110459129.html
As for delays...see my previous quote. France is shutting down for 30 days as is Germany I believe also. Italy is likely to follow next as cases are rising across Europe exponentially in some places as weather cools again. Am in medical field and trained in Public Health so this is pretty much protocol and what modeling predictions warned about the Fall/Winter COVID19 waves of infection we were all likely to see. .
Old 10-30-2020, 09:12 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default German COVID restrictions

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Wait..should update soon but otherwise can call PCNA and they can help assist. your SA can look into system too and see whats going on also.
My car TYD said car was produced and headed to port for a month even after the car was loaded and left port. Only updated to car had shipped and entered US port until after it had arrived! SMDH.

They took your deposit and said you've got a car but didn't have an allocation (thus no commission number and the run around and apologies from upper mgmt). Right now I'd have them show me/send me the commission number and printout from the Porsche order system as proof. You can also call PCNA and they often can match the commission number to your order. But otherwise you still may not have a car given what you said so far. That means I'd definitely at least consider a review that reflected such especially if I thought the dealership was deceitful or things were not done on the up and up. Especially so if you have another dealership you favor or plan to use. Be fair but be firm and truthful in your intent.

As for delays...see my previous quote. France is shutting down for 30 days as is Germany I believe also. Italy is likely to follow next as cases are rising across Europe exponentially in some places as weather cools again. Am in medical field and trained in Public Health so this is pretty much protocol and what modeling predictions warned about the Fall/Winter COVID19 waves of infection we were all likely to see. .
Apparently most businesses are not directly affected:

Restaurants, bars, leisure facilities and cultural institutes including opera houses and theatres will face orders to close, while schools and nurseries are expected to remain open, as well as the majority of businesses and work places.

Source:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/28/germany-set-to-impose-new-coronavirus-rules-amid-record-rise-in-cases

The following 2 users liked this post by peterdouglas:
Helios59 (10-30-2020), mdrobc1213 (11-01-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 09:59 AM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Anything new on EPA or releasing 911's from port?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!