Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 03:58 PM
Trackmunkey
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:23 PM
F250to911
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Just found out that my 911 sitting in Emden since 7/8 missed the 7/15 departure of the Swift Ace. TYD now says on am scheduled to be on the Goodwood which leaves sometime today. Only a 6 day delay but I have been waiting since January. Of course TYD could be wrong but I doubt it.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:44 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Wighty992
I have the same dates as you. My SA keeps saying they're having issues with the TYD App. I called PCNA just to confirm my car was in the system and they confirmed it. She transferred me to Porsche Connect to help with the TYD App and she just said my dealer should be sending me a link. I have another email into him to check. I have a 2021 also. It would be nice to follow the car along. I guess you have to have patience with this process. First time for me. Good luck!
I called PCNA, they told me only the dealer can put me in TYD, so I called my SA, and he looked in the system and said everything looked correct. He did some kind of "reset" that pushed an email out to me, however, and shortly after he did that (maybe a couple hours) I suddenly had access again. The one other thing I did was try to setup "My Porsche" but it said it already had my email address (which I knew--I was just hoping that maybe it would cause something to sync up). So not sure what, exactly, led to it working but now it does (although my map is not displaying behind the status).

Good luck to you, too :-)
Old 07-21-2020, 08:49 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,390 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
I called PCNA, they told me only the dealer can put me in TYD, so I called my SA, and he looked in the system and said everything looked correct. He did some kind of "reset" that pushed an email out to me, however, and shortly after he did that (maybe a couple hours) I suddenly had access again. The one other thing I did was try to setup "My Porsche" but it said it already had my email address (which I knew--I was just hoping that maybe it would cause something to sync up). So not sure what, exactly, led to it working but now it does (although my map is not displaying behind the status).

Good luck to you, too :-)
Everyone is having issues currently with the map. Probably a temporary issue synching with google maps.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:07 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by F250to911
Just found out that my 911 sitting in Emden since 7/8 missed the 7/15 departure of the Swift Ace. TYD now says on am scheduled to be on the Goodwood which leaves sometime today. Only a 6 day delay but I have been waiting since January. Of course TYD could be wrong but I doubt it.
Bummer. My car was at Emden on June 30 and missed the July 5 boat. The allocations on the boats fill up fast.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:17 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd C
What happens next is something like this:
- You spend hours (days) of your life playing with the configurator and updating your SA about what you’re thinking.
- Your SA lets you know that the lock date is coming up, and you worry that you’re not quite sure about how you currently have the build configured.
- Your order locks and you begin the painful process of waiting. You read every 992 thread on Rennlist.
- You begin to decide on PPF, ceramic and window tint options, and who and when to have those applied.
- You try to estimate whether your car will make it into the FIRST POSSIBLE ship within hours of your car arriving at Emden.
- You find out the actual ship and update your estimate.
- You track your boat across the water.
- YOU wait not-so-patiently for your dealer to FIND the truck your car is on, traveling all over the Southern United States and hoping it arrives ... at some point.
- You wait not-so-patiently for your dealer to prep and deliver your car.

I think you actually get your car and enjoy it in the end, but I’m only on the second to last step above myself.
Almost perfect; I took the liberty of adding one step above.
The following users liked this post:
Todd C (07-22-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 11:30 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
Almost perfect; I took the liberty of adding one step above.
You might want to check the odometer before you sign for it. Just sayin’.
The following users liked this post:
Todd C (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 12:31 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Well, my car just got moved out tonight to production complete on 9/11 and delivery on 10/30. So, I guess it's either a parts issue or something else. Anyway, I will be putting on snow tires when it gets here.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:33 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Well, my car just got moved out tonight to production complete on 9/11 and delivery on 10/30. So, I guess it's either a parts issue or something else. Anyway, I will be putting on snow tires when it gets here.
damn, did ur car actually begin production ?
Old 07-22-2020, 12:37 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speedyj
damn, did ur car actually begin production ?
Yes, on 7/15.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:37 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Yes, on 7/15.
doesnt make a ton of sense that they would stop ur car on the assembly line....
Old 07-22-2020, 12:40 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

They run their logistics pretty tight so if a supplier fails to deliver, it's going to create havoc on the assembly process..
Old 07-22-2020, 12:47 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

I hate this delay for you. Good news, our cars will be siblings with mine also to be done with build on 9/11. We shall see.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:49 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vintage72
I hate this delay for you. Good news, our cars will be siblings with mine also to be done with build on 9/11. We shall see.
Yep and probably same ship. Only you are much closer to the port...
Old 07-22-2020, 01:45 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd C
What happens next is something like this:
- You spend hours (days) of your life playing with the configurator and updating your SA about what you’re thinking.
- Your SA lets you know that the lock date is coming up, and you worry that you’re not quite sure about how you currently have the build configured.
- Your order locks and you begin the painful process of waiting. You read every 992 thread on Rennlist.
- You begin to decide on PPF, ceramic and window tint options, and who and when to have those applied.
- You try to estimate whether your car will make it into the FIRST POSSIBLE ship within hours of your car arriving at Emden.
- You find out the actual ship and update your estimate.
- You track your boat across the water.
- You wait not-so-patiently for your dealer to prep and deliver your car.

I think you actually get your car and enjoy it in the end, but I’m only on the second to last step above myself.
Ha! Okay Yeah been doing the configurator thing already....I even have a spreadsheet with 5 or 6 different builds on it! LOL. Hmm tho my SA said my allocation locks today so makes sure I have everything I wanted. He put it in the system yesterday but had to trade for the allocation which he just got Monday so maybe that was the lock her referred to. How do I track this stuff? You guys are getting emails from Porsche?

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Another one bites the dust!
Yeah took my car in for a sensor fix last month and saw the 992 in the flesh then started thinking about what could be?? Next thing you know the SA who I have a good relationship with...we always talk when I am in there (and that is infrequently) well we're having a discussion on a 2017 Carrera base in Lava Orange at another dealer I am asking if he can get for me....and next thing Fri I am giving up my keys to my 2013 Carrera S and the next day am with him going over my build on the computer and getting a build code and he's off to find an allocation for an S. (all he had was one base Carrera). How the hell did that happen?? LOL

According to your printout, your car has not locked yet. V250 is the lock date which is 9/4. So start questioning all your options, start several threads, and read more while you anxiously hope you didn’t leave out something important like deviated stitching....
See above post....but I see will ask. No am not asking a thing..if I do I'll spend more $$ than I have allocated! Options are easy if you keep looking at them....can always justify ONE more thing!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!