Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 11:41 AM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dave2020
Wow, that is the purest definition of wrong.
Ive bought 2 new 911s there and a host of BMWs and then they do this.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:00 PM
FrostyAZ
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thdoc14
I would tell that dealer to eat 💩
Old 01-01-2022, 02:34 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Did you still purchase the car from them!?
Old 01-01-2022, 04:18 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 137 Posts

Dont be surprised if they add ADM. Porsche Milwaukee North wasn’t afraid to do it to me at the last minute! I had a deposit and agreed upon price on my build on a Turbo S since April and last week it was to lock, I got an email
telling me they changed their mind and were adding 20% ADM.
I’m curious as to what kind of “ paperwork” you had with your deposit. Did it state,” vehicle sold at msrp”?
Old 01-01-2022, 05:26 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
I’m curious as to what kind of “ paperwork” you had with your deposit. Did it state,” vehicle sold at msrp”?
Isn’t it always stated as such in the initial order paperwork? ADM gets tallied on the final dealer invoice. I’ve never seen an initial PO or deposit receipt indicating anything above msrp. Would like to learn about others’ experience with this.

I am on the ‘list’ for another 911 variant with a small deposit but there is no language refering to final sale price at it above msrp on the deposit agreement.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:58 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
Isn’t it always stated as such in the initial order paperwork? ADM gets tallied on the final dealer invoice. I’ve never seen an initial PO or deposit receipt indicating anything above msrp. Would like to learn about others’ experience with this.

I am on the ‘list’ for another 911 variant with a small deposit but there is no language refering to final sale price at it above msrp on the deposit agreement.
How can anyone order a vehicle and not know what the terms are? I would think the purchase contract would state MSRP plus whatever ADM if any, someone is paying. If you agreed to terms when you left your deposit, I would think that contract is binding, since the dealer took the $ as “consideration “. There will be a lot of legal issues, and wrangling as some dealers continue to damage brand loyalty for short term $….. If someone was foolish enough to leave a deposit, and say, yeah, put me on the list,without terms spelled out..,that’s quite different…
Old 01-01-2022, 06:58 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

I understand you're upset with this, and I have to say I don't blame you, but at what point do you stop roasting them and potentially give them a chance to "make it right"? Or is that impossible? They are simply stroking the public for an extra $40K ADM or whatever the final amount is.

At what point do you go McLaren or Ferrari ? I mean, a Turbo S ain't cheap.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:10 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by chance6
I understand you're upset with this, and I have to say I don't blame you, but at what point do you stop roasting them and potentially give them a chance to "make it right"? Or is that impossible? They are simply stroking the public for an extra $40K ADM or whatever the final amount is.

Could you perhaps give an example or two of how they “could make it right” in your opinion?
The following users liked this post:
Freddie Two Bs (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 07:35 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6

$40k for a turbo sucks. But … it’s not like going to McLaren or Ferrari will be cheaper or get him a car before 2023. Now is a ****ty time to buy a car. I get being upset but if you want a car in 2022, you’re stuck with getting put over a barrel and having your wallet molested. He can pay the fee or walk away. But he’s not likely to find a significantly better deal for a long time.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:40 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
How can anyone order a vehicle and not know what the terms are? I would think the purchase contract would state MSRP plus whatever ADM if any, someone is paying. If you agreed to terms when you left your deposit, I would think that contract is binding, since the dealer took the $ as “consideration “. There will be a lot of legal issues, and wrangling as some dealers continue to damage brand loyalty for short term $….. If someone was foolish enough to leave a deposit, and say, yeah, put me on the list,without terms spelled out..,that’s quite different…
Per your note, there’s a lot
of fools in this country that are waiting for Pcar allocations then. A customer demand with deposit (“list”) is not to be confused with an actual car order. The last 2 cars I bought with a confirmed allocation, the PO was signed with an ‘estimated price’ subject to change based on customer specs, dealer inventory and/or market conditions, or something to that effect. I have the paperwork on my files, when I get back to the office this week I will look for that fine print and revisit this post. Its basically a free get out of jail card for the dealer. They know what they’re doing and most could care less about the end user since demand for the product is so high. Especially on TTS and GT cars.

BTW around here ADM for a Cayenne GT is $80k. Now that is hilarious…
Old 01-01-2022, 07:58 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
$40k for a turbo sucks. But … it’s not like going to McLaren or Ferrari will be cheaper or get him a car before 2023. Now is a ****ty time to buy a car. I get being upset but if you want a car in 2022, you’re stuck with getting put over a barrel and having your wallet molested. He can pay the fee or walk away. But he’s not likely to find a significantly better deal for a long time.
Overall agree with you, but I, for one, would have been put off by the way this dealership is doing business and communicating, much more than the ADM itself… especially for a repeat customer.
very shady practices IMO… And I would have walked away from that place.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Buy a used 991.

Buy a used 720.

Buy a used 488.

When market returns to normal, get a 992 GT3.

oh wait, you want to be able to spec your own Carrera white with sofas instead of picking one up used. Understood.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:08 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Could you perhaps give an example or two of how they “could make it right” in your opinion?
Give the guy a MSRP allocation on the TTS he wanted, and include tire/wheel insurance package...done.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:14 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Agreed on that. At least Ferrari doesn't play ADM games on new cars...
Old 01-02-2022, 12:36 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Buy a used 991.

Buy a used 720.

Buy a used 488.

When market returns to normal, get a 992 GT3.

oh wait, you want to be able to spec your own Carrera white with sofas instead of picking one up used. Understood.
normally I’d agree but the used prices on these are up 20+% and going to plummet back whenever normal returns, whatever normal is. It’s not going to save you much money over the $40k in adm and it won’t be the car he originally wanted (although I’d rather a 720 or 488 anyway). Strange and ****ed up times, but there aren’t any good deals on used substitutes now. Maybe that changes in a few months … maybe not.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM