Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 04:29 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

Thought we were done with new ADM threads....
Old 11-22-2021, 04:38 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12

Nope. This dead horse needs to be beat a bit more
Old 11-22-2021, 05:28 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,104 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’ll go test sit an EVO, anyone has a dealer contact?
STO's are sold out for the rest of the Huracan run with a lengthy back log of deposits. Not to mention secondary on them is roughly 2x msrp. You wont touch one for less than 550k. I've had an EVO RWD on order for almost a year with a 10k deposit and STILL don't have my build slot. Lambo is saying maybe March with a six month build time. All other dealers are saying 18-24 mos. to get a car with a deposit today.. if they will even accept one from you.

Last edited by GT3 Mike; 11-22-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:00 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,706 Likes on 950 Posts

I never understood why people post in a thread that they don't like and make these remarks. Nothing wrong with you being sick and tired of the ADM threads but why come here and bash the OP? Why not just ignore?
The following 3 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
JAB12 (11-22-2021), Spike Spiegel (01-01-2022), WCGhost (11-24-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 06:14 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,706 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
The system is what it is. I was lucky to get a Touring for MSRP - but I also waited 5 years for it.

Try to buy a Patek, AP, Rolex or (even now) a Vacheron at list - then your eyes will really bleed.
I bet you agreed to sell it back to the place where you got it from though
Old 11-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I bet you agreed to sell it back to the place where you got it from though
Actually, no.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:17 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 296 Posts

As someone else mentioned here on here. Less issue with ADM, market prices or whatever just the lack of transparency around the whole process. That is what feels easy to solve.

Transparency around when and how many. It’s definitely an issue that Porsche could put a bit of effort in to improving for its brand.

Who knows, maybe they are already trying and it’s the dealers hiding all the things to create this sense of unknown.

imho, the lack of transparency and uncertainty is the primary cause of hysteria. Most folks on here I’m sure don’t mind waiting in line.

Issue is you’re standing and you don’t even know if you’re even in the right line or if a line even exist. LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by michaeldorian:
AlexCeres (11-28-2021), WCGhost (11-28-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 06:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,875 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
The mods really just need to create one sticky thread called 'ADMs and Other Dealer Complaints', merge every existing thread on either topic into it, and then merge every new thread on the topics that pops up into that.
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
As someone else mentioned here on here. Less issue with ADM, market prices or whatever just the lack of transparency around the whole process. That is what feels easy to solve.

Transparency around when and how many. It’s definitely an issue that Porsche could put a bit of effort in to improving for its brand.

Who knows, maybe they are already trying and it’s the dealers hiding all the things to create this sense of unknown.

imho, the lack of transparency and uncertainty is the primary cause of hysteria. Most folks on here I’m sure don’t mind waiting in line.

Issue is you’re standing and you don’t even know if you’re even in the right line or if a line even exist. LOL
…and when AP keeps saying “this is not a limited edition, everyone who wants one will get one” for certain models when we all know it isn’t the case, it makes things worse.
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldorian

And despite all this.....Porsche is selling every single car they make. Go figure.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:20 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The mods really just need to create one sticky thread called 'ADMs and Other Dealer Complaints', merge every existing thread on either topic into it, and then merge every new thread on the topics that pops up into that.
Then delete the thread daily.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:20 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,888 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Initially I offered $20K over for a GT3 GT4RS and GT3RS each and I’ll trade all back to the dealer and buy a Cayenne GTS/Turbo at MSRP for each. But can’t even place an order for any of them or get a serious call from any of the dealers I offered this to.

This was the deal I had with Reeves in Tampa since 2007, but after they tried to shaft me on the 2019RS, I asked for my deposit back when the dealership got sold.

Looking for a Lambo Evo, ordered a Corvette Z06 and maybe I’ll be able to pick up an AMG.
No more Porsches.
End of an era....
The following 2 users liked this post by Nizer:
GT3 Mike (11-23-2021), michaeldorian (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 06:27 PM
FrostyAZ
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 51 Posts

Each dealer is free to do what they want. Some will be more transparent and some less but it’s that way with everything. I don’t like paying ADM but I would much prefer to pay it and get what I want vs having some pre-defined model based on brand equity. The nice thing about capitalism is we each get to vote with our dollars. Don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you like it, buy it. If dealers take the ADM too far, more of us would back off. If the ADM is reasonable, more people will bite the bullet and buy the car. It would be great if Porsche could make everyone their car on demand but that is not possible. Porsche should not direct their dealers on how to do business, we all benefit from choice just maybe not all at the same time.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:34 PM
FrostyAZ
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 51 Posts

All Brands are in a similar situation, hard to get anything right now. Look at it from dealers perspective, they have no allocations at the moment and you and 100 other people want to make a deal for something they don’t have. How would you handle? It sucks but I would think about what you really want. The other cars you mentioned are all really nice but if you want the P cars, I would continue to look for another dealer vs buying another hard to get car and then second guessing your choice.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:34 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
And despite all this.....Porsche is selling every single car they make. Go figure.
Yup. Not saying they aren’t. Just expressing the experience that folks are frustrated with. Selling everything isn’t always the best long term strategy for a company. It’s short term thinking. I.e. Losing great customers like @TRAKCAR

But this is just what happens when you don’t control the entire stack. Has always been an issue with the dealer model. Regardless of industry.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM