Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 08:09 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I just took mine in (your TWN BTW) w almost 3000 miles for the 1 year service. And because of the color, this one might be a keeper......
lovely but I would guess that yours is Black Olive? Or maybe it’s just the lighting
Old 11-28-2023, 09:38 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
If you care about resale, a turbo with Buckets is a good way to guarantee your worst case scenario re resale lol. If you don't care then rock out! TBH non S turbo's are pretty low on people's want list unfortunately already so just keep in mind!
yeah, I’m not exactly following the desire to trade a 992 TTS in for a 992 TT.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:54 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Plus a GT3. Some people just have too much time on their hands lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
AlexCeres (11-29-2023), Diablo Dude (11-29-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 10:13 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,350 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I'm happy to explain, and comments welcome.

I love the 992 TTS on road and track, but with PCCB it doesn't really work on track because it uses up a set of pads in 1-2 track days. There's currently no aftermarket conversion to iron rotors available. Putting in an aftermarket brake kit with iron rotors is about $15k, which is doable, but then I'm still tracking a very fast car with 18-way seats and 3-pt belts, which means I'm moving around a lot and there's a safety concern. Going to a 992 TT with LW pack, sport buckets, and iron brakes gets me a car which is nearly as fast on road and track (might be about equal considering weight reduction), safer on track, solves the brake problem, and louder sound.

The 992 GT3 is great, but I like the 991.2 3RS better on road and track, and we have a 4RS coming in May. I don't think we need three GT cars, and I think the GT3 makes sense as the one to go because (a) it doesn't have the rawness of the 3RS and 4RS (it's more refined), and (b) I think I'd enjoy the 992 TT at least as much on road and track as the GT3 (TT is more refined and faster than the GT3). GT3 tries to find a middle ground between rawness and refinement, but in the process it doesn't excel at either.

Last edited by Manifold; 11-28-2023 at 10:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
AlexCeres (11-29-2023), RealityGT (11-28-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 12:14 AM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
My personal experience with ADM. I’ve been looking for a 992 GT3 for almost two years. They’d been trading for around $275k for the period of time I spent looking. I bit the bullet and purchased a pre owned 992 GT3 for about 28k over MSRP. I’ve accepted that MSRP will either never happen or the time it will take to get there is not worth the frustration of looking any longer.
Was it a 2022 that you bought? If so that may be close to what MSRP would be for a 2024 w price increases. Did you buy it from a dealer? I have seen auctions sub $30K over MSRP, but have not found dealers willing to sell for this price range on a good spec (PDK).
Old 11-29-2023, 12:31 AM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
Was it a 2022 that you bought? If so that may be close to what MSRP would be for a 2024 w price increases. Did you buy it from a dealer? I have seen auctions sub $30K over MSRP, but have not found dealers willing to sell for this price range on a good spec (PDK).
It’s a 2022. Yes, from a dealer and is CPO.
The following 2 users liked this post by mnawa:
RUF RS (11-29-2023), WCGhost (11-30-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 12:31 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold

I love the 992 TTS on road and track, but with PCCB it doesn't really work on track because it uses up a set of pads in 1-2 track days. There's currently no aftermarket conversion to iron rotors available. Putting in an aftermarket brake kit with iron rotors is about $15k, which is doable, but then I'm still tracking a very fast car with 18-way seats and 3-pt belts, which means I'm moving around a lot and there's a safety concern. Going to a 992 TT with LW pack, sport buckets, and iron brakes gets me a car which is nearly as fast on road and track (might be about equal considering weight reduction), safer on track, solves the brake problem, and louder sound.

The 992 GT3 is great, but I like the 991.2 3RS better on road and track, and we have a 4RS coming in May. I don't think we need three GT cars, and I think the GT3 makes sense as the one to go because (a) it doesn't have the rawness of the 3RS and 4RS (it's more refined), and (b) I think I'd enjoy the 992 TT at least as much on road and track as the GT3 (TT is more refined and faster than the GT3). GT3 tries to find a middle ground between rawness and refinement, but in the process it doesn't excel at either.
hmmm. All very reasonable considerations but I do worry as @sechsgang alluded that the TT resale hit will be substantial. The aftermarket brake swap is a no brainer. The seats are also swappable but yeah the expenses start to add up. Hmm. I think if I had a 991.2 RS and a 4RS I’d be inclined to just leave the TTS alone. Not every car in the garage needs to be track spec’d. But that’s just me. rock on.

Last edited by AlexCeres; 11-29-2023 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-29-2023, 12:33 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
lol definite DINK vibe but that’s just my envy talking
Old 11-29-2023, 12:40 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

hmmm. All very reasonable considerations but I do worry as @sechsgang alluded that the TT resale hit will be substantial. The aftermarket brake swap is a no brainer. The seats are also swappable but yeah the expenses start to add up. Hmm. I think if I had a 991.2 RS and a 4RS I’d be inclined to just leave the TTS alone. Not every car in the garage needs to be track spec’d. But that’s just me. rock on.
That's my thinking also, but the TTS was so much fun on track (strong acceleration, excellent braking, fast cornering due to stability, balance, and a lot of grip) that I feel like it's shame to have a TT/S which isn't set up to be frequently tracked. And setting it up to be frequently tracked (sport buckets and roll bar/harnesses) doesn't really compromise its use as a road car, so I feel like a track spec is best of both worlds.

I can see that spec taking a resale hit, but OTOH if someone is looking for a track spec TT, it would be one of the very rare ones available. Ultimately, I don't want to let the decision be influenced much by resale value, I want to get the car that best fits my needs and wants, and I'll probably keep such a car for a long time.

Last edited by Manifold; 11-29-2023 at 09:49 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Manifold:
mrclam (11-29-2023), RealityGT (11-29-2023), usctrojanGT3 (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 12:00 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 576 Posts

I would do it - I personally love your 992 TT light weight spec. If you need more power you can always tune it. My lowly 991.1 TT has 765HP.

However, it wouldn't be significantly attractive in the resale market. Most TT guys want the S and the creature comforts of ***. Your logic is perfect for you and your stable/use of it. So it comes down to a choice of getting the perfect TT for YOU vs resale/ what other people think.
The following users liked this post:
Manifold (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 08:32 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
lovely but I would guess that yours is Black Olive? Or maybe it’s just the lighting
Yes, you are correct...and now that I think about it, we've discussed before. Mine Black Olive.....SO SIMILAR in photos.....
Old 11-29-2023, 08:33 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 159 Posts

That's my thinking also, but the TTS was so much fun on track (strong acceleration, excellent braking, fast cornering due to stability, balance, and a lot of grip) that I feel like it's shame to have a TT/S which isn't set up to be frequently tracked. And setting it up to be frequently tracked (sport buckets and roll bar/harnesses) doesn't really compromise its use as a road car, so I feel like a track spec is best of both worlds.

I can see that spec taking a resale hit, but OTOH if someone is looking for a track spec TT, it would be one of the very rare ones available. Ultimately, I don't want to let the decision be influenced much by resale value, I want to get the car that best fits my needs and wants, and I'll probably keep such a car for a long time.
Now that might be your best post to date.
rusmani (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 10:56 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Now that might be your best post to date.
Have you read all ~12,000 of my posts?
speed77 (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 12:34 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

I don’t have that kind of time. So take with salt. But if I did, and I had a 3rs, 4rs, and 570S and a TT, how often would I grab the keys for the TT specifically for a track day ? I just wouldn’t more than once or twice. Now, the TT for a road trip ….
Old 11-30-2023, 12:42 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,700 Likes on 5,115 Posts

I don’t have that kind of time. So take with salt. But if I did, and I had a 3rs, 4rs, and 570S and a TT, how often would I grab the keys for the TT specifically for a track day ? I just wouldn’t more than once or twice. Now, the TT for a road trip ….
If I had that stable, I would consolidate and get a Senna for the track and used 991.2 TTS for roadies.
AlexCeres (11-30-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM