Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021 | 07:24 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by seatactony
Thanks. To clarify, I'm not looking for an allocation. Trying to get a sense of whether I should move my existing allocation (early build touring), my 991.2 (which I love), or just hold tight until the 992 touring arrives and make a final decision then (most likely).

Giving up potential tax savings of the trade if I go the final route but I don't want to have any regrets, as I plan on keeping the winning car for a long time. Nothing for certainty like driving them both back to back.
Wouldn’t you think, with private resale at a better price, you’ll more than make up the difference in sales tax savings?
Old 08-06-2021 | 02:51 PM
seatactony
Racer

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
Wouldn’t you think, with private resale at a better price, you’ll more than make up the difference in sales tax savings?
Hoping it reduces the risk a bit but I'm guessing the 991.2 market will soften as we head into winter. Seems like it already has a bit after the recent gold rush, with pretty decent supply out there now. Latest PCar/BAT auctions haven't been quite as insane.
Old 08-06-2021 | 06:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Thanks. To clarify, I'm not looking for an allocation. Trying to get a sense of whether I should move my existing allocation (early build touring), my 991.2 (which I love), or just hold tight until the 992 touring arrives and make a final decision then (most likely).

Giving up potential tax savings of the trade if I go the final route but I don't want to have any regrets, as I plan on keeping the winning car for a long time. Nothing for certainty like driving them both back to back.
Hoping it reduces the risk a bit but I'm guessing the 991.2 market will soften as we head into winter. Seems like it already has a bit after the recent gold rush, with pretty decent supply out there now. Latest PCar/BAT auctions haven't been quite as insane.
Why don't you probe the market and see if you have any bites at the inflated prices the seller-side market is asking for right now. My guess is it's all a mirage and people will not pay what they feel are temporary prices.

Ergo... unless you get fantasycamp pricing for your car (in which case that is GREAT!)... hold on to it and enjoy it until you can make your trade.
Old 09-15-2021 | 06:29 PM
GarrettSR5
Rennlist Member

Porsche Norwell had a new GT3 in the showroom. Don't see it on their website which tells me it's already sold
Old 09-17-2021 | 06:12 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Stock crashed today. Adm may get lower.
Old 09-17-2021 | 06:18 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ascend
Old 09-17-2021 | 06:28 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

crashed ? Down 1% ? Lololol. You must be new.
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021 | 07:55 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

September is traditionally when stocks drop every year (before going up again, hopefully).
Old 09-17-2021 | 08:07 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

which stock?
Old 09-17-2021 | 08:12 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
which stock?
Apparently, his stock.

All one of them.
The following 5 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (09-17-2021), Gh0st0 (09-18-2021), raymort (09-17-2021), Spike Spiegel (12-31-2021), WCGhost (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021 | 10:16 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I have been managing stock portfolios as a RIA since 1977. For some perspective- in 1977 the Dow average was at around 700 — with only three characters. The market going down is generally for those speculating on the short run and who concentrate in a small number of positions.

if 1% scares you - I have seen market collapses that would put you into a coma - and everytime the smart move would have been to buy.

if you are buying “fad” stocks of the moment, trading options or you believe you can say trade off charts - trust me- you will be sorely disappointed.

I buy Porsche’s because I have made client’s money over the last forty plus years by investing in companies- not “stocks”.
The following 2 users liked this post by Targa32:
NYCGT3 (09-17-2021), WCGhost (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021 | 10:31 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Targa32
I have been managing stock portfolios as a RIA since 1977. For some perspective- in 1977 the Dow average was at around 700 — with only three characters. The market going down is generally for those speculating on the short run and who concentrate in a small number of positions.

if 1% scares you - I have seen market collapses that would put you into a coma - and everytime the smart move would have been to buy.

if you are buying “fad” stocks of the moment, trading options or you believe you can say trade off charts - trust me- you will be sorely disappointed.

I buy Porsche’s because I have made client’s money over the last forty plus years by investing in companies- not “stocks”.
A stock chart is your best friend…..nothing more accurate than trend, support, and resistance……

Last edited by NYCGT3; 09-17-2021 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2021 | 10:59 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

But you would be wrong. Charts show the past but provide nothing about the future.

do this test - I have asked “chartists” to do this for 40 plus years but never had any to attempt this exercise.

take a chart book from say five years ago and take say 20 charts or so and lay a piece of paper over the charts and show that your “algorithm” tells you where the chart goes a reasonable amount of the time.

as Broker with a major brokerage firm for decades - the brokers would use chart lingo to get clients to do trades and would laugh about it all the time. Charting was invented by the brokerage business to get clients to trade and because it encourages more trades and is easier than looking at markets, balance sheets and income and products.

Companies see their stock prices rise because in the long run they are making more money for their shareholders and retaining some of those dollars and paying eventually some in rising dividends.

stock price changes are not just random without any connection to business performance.

for every buyer each day there is an equal amount of sellers -

just my 45 years of experience of managing portfolios worth many many millions of dollars every single market day and having watched probaby a couple thousand pros and clients try every mystical investing strategy - always to avoid doing the hard work of looking at companies as businesses.

The past does not tell you logically anything about the future movement of a companies value.
The following 4 users liked this post by Targa32:
Gh0st0 (09-18-2021), jayhawkai (09-20-2021), rhk118 (09-18-2021), WCGhost (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021 | 11:24 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Targa32
But you would be wrong. Charts show the past but provide nothing about the future.

do this test - I have asked “chartists” to do this for 40 plus years but never had any to attempt this exercise.

take a chart book from say five years ago and take say 20 charts or so and lay a piece of paper over the charts and show that your “algorithm” tells you where the chart goes a reasonable amount of the time.

as Broker with a major brokerage firm for decades - the brokers would use chart lingo to get clients to do trades and would laugh about it all the time. Charting was invented by the brokerage business to get clients to trade and because it encourages more trades and is easier than looking at markets, balance sheets and income and products.

Companies see their stock prices rise because in the long run they are making more money for their shareholders and retaining some of those dollars and paying eventually some in rising dividends.

stock price changes are not just random without any connection to business performance.

for every buyer each day there is an equal amount of sellers -

just my 45 years of experience of managing portfolios worth many many millions of dollars every single market day and having watched probaby a couple thousand pros and clients try every mystical investing strategy - always to avoid doing the hard work of looking at companies as businesses.

The past does not tell you logically anything about the future movement of a companies value.
With 30 years of experience, working for a major firm, nothing is more accurate than a chart showing accumulation, distribution, and trend. Firms and analysts with hypothetical price targets are generally best case scenario guesses. The stock always knows and shows what’s going on. Nothing matters more than price trend. I’ll take a good breakout any day. Read Investors Business Daily. It will change your life… The chart shows the past? It shows the price trend, and technical patterns. At the end of the day, our clients are exceptionally educated now. If you’re not outperforming the S&P, they can simply go to E-Trade and buy SPY for free….

Last edited by NYCGT3; 09-18-2021 at 06:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WCGhost (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021 | 01:40 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Are you claiming by reading charts, and technical patterns.. . you can and have outperformed the SP500 every year consistently? Have to challenge that.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM