A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Always the optimist, I see.
I wonder if he also calls the North Houston dealer a stealership?

The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (04-08-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 03:13 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,968 Likes on 5,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
No, pretty sure too busy predicting economic doom and the downfall of ADM's by next month, if not next week.
The following 7 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (04-08-2023), carcommander (04-08-2023), Diablo Dude (04-08-2023), Juggy (04-08-2023), Peruna (04-09-2023), PTS (04-08-2023), rusmani (04-09-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-08-2023, 04:20 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
If you only charge indirect ADM you dont qualify as a stealership haha
The following 2 users liked this post by av12345:
85Gold (04-10-2023), Diablo Dude (04-08-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 04:29 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by av12345
If you only charge indirect ADM you dont qualify as a stealership haha

Old 04-08-2023, 05:47 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Stealer spec'ed cars? If so, they probably couldn't get $75k-$100k for the Touring and $150k-$200k for the GT3RS.
No, the buyers spec’s them.

$50k for a GT3 is what it’s been around Ohio since 2021. $125k for a 3RS is pretty big, especially if it’s staying local. We don’t have LA money around here.
AlexCeres (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 05:47 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
No, the buyers spec’s them.

$50k for a GT3 is what it’s been around Ohio since 2021. $125k for a 3RS is pretty big, especially if it’s staying local. We don’t have LA money around here.
That's helpful. Thank you. This thread never changes though, 1 solid post followed by 6 (now 7) useless ones
Old 04-09-2023, 10:13 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
That's helpful. Thank you. This thread never changes though, 1 solid post followed by 6 (now 7) useless ones
This thread stopped being of value a long, long, time ago. The real value is with what kind of relationship you have with your dealer. That's the bottom line.

The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (04-09-2023), carcommander (04-09-2023), rusmani (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 10:45 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

I left for a few months but just caught up on things. Glad to see nothing has changed!!
AlexCeres (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 11:30 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

If you look at the graph over the past year, avg ADM is steadily going down, albeit slowly. Representative avg in CY 2023 is about 25% above MSRP.
Old 04-10-2023, 01:08 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

So I own a 992 Targa 4, 718 GTS Boxster and a 2023 Panamera 4 ehybrid executive and I traded my 2022 GT4 for a first allocation for a 911 T (arriving early June. I am a diehard Porsche fan - over $600,000 plus spent on new Porsche vehicles since 2021.

on a whim and because some of my local buddies wanted me to rejoin our local Corvette club - I placed an order for a Corvette c8 convertible - and they are now selling for msrp - about three months ago. paid $102,250 - msrp - with lots of options. Seemed too cheap given my Porsche pricing experienceZ

i have been driving this c8 around for weeks now and I have around 800 miles on the car.

My friends keep asking me how it compares to my collection of Porsche vehicles. I glibly answer there is “no comparison”.

I tell my Corvette friends it is not as “good” on corners or the interior finish is not up to Porsche levels.

But given none of my Corvette club friends are spending time on this Porsche forum - here is what I actually have discovered about this low cost Corvette c8 convertible.

it Is a truly fantastic car - even if it was priced equivalent to a 911. It sounds fantastic when you start the engine- the engine bursts to life with a lion like roar that shakes your chest and blasts anyone near the car with a wave of power. The interior has almost no hard work plastic and is covered with leather everywhere and it seems like Connolly leather. Stitching is beautifully done on every seam. Electronics are simpler than on my Porsche vehicles and the car has all the options that Porsche charges us extra for and sometimes these days does not even have available. Bose stereo - standard, electric column - standard, folding side mirrors - standard, lane change monitor - standard again. Surround view cameras - yep - standard. Want an upscale metallic paint - $500 - not $3,500. And horsepower - 495 hp- for the base car. porsche wants you to pay up to go to the S and then again to the GTS and even the mighty GT3 has only 20 more hp than the c8 Corvette.

Drove this c8 on a 60 mile mountain drive yesterday and this c8 handles beautifully and has tons of power and applies that power with confidence and gusty -and a deep satisfying roar of engine noise. Switch from touring to Sport plus and the car goes from being calm, comfortable and riding on the road like a Cadillac Sedan to feeling like a real race car. Steering gets harder, suspension stiffens up until your teeth chatter, engine noise rises in a deeper and serious sounding growl — rpm’s rise and the car just slams forward with confidence and determination. Corners as good as my GT 4 did or better than my GTS Boxster. All you see is the tops of the two front fenders and the road right up to the windshield edge.

while down to a 30 mph crawl - push down on a button and the hard top disappears in 15 seconds or less.

Much like the Targa which is nearly impossible to even buy from Porsche - and if you can with a large ADM and the cost for this Targa top is tens of thousands more than a coupe
Butvwith the c8 - this costs $7,500 over the couple which also had a removable top as standard equipment.

want 20” wheels - standard on the c8 but thousands extra on most Porsche models.

Seats have tons of adjustments - you can’t even buy from Corvette a sliding seat with four adjustments.

Brakes are massive with massive rotors.

and it has a proper shift handle in the center of the console - not some dumb shaver plastic **** thing like on my 911 Targa 4.

did I mention that it has two trunks - front and back - like the “lower” cost Porsche model the 718. The vette even has a Front looking recorder camera that will video with details like speed and angle of the wheel - again standard. I paid $70 to preside this capability for my Panamera and my 911T. But the Porsche kit is an extra $480 and the dealers want still another $1,200 to install this recording camera system. PDDC - yep standard on my c8 Z51.

and It is made right here in Bowling Green Kentucky by an assortment of American men and ladies and you can order one and often it will arrive within three months tops.

I really wanted to dislike this c8 Corvette - but I can’t. It is truly a fantastic toy car that is faster and more tuned than the best vehicles from Stuugart.

My suggestion - don’t even take an offer to let you drive a C8 from a friend -you will not be convinced anymore that there is “no substitute” - the Americans have truly designed a fantastic sports car that fills our senses with what we really want from a car company.

I know the crowd buying Porsche’s are wealthier and more often than not know the difference between a Rothschild red Bordeaux and a Pinot - but truthfully this darn c8 Corvette is a tremendous value for the money and I really enjoy driving it everyday.

want a real good price on GT3 performance? Call your local chrvy dealer or one of the mega chrvy dealers in New Jersey and order up a new C8 at msrp and you will have it in your driveway in around three months or less.

I just really hated to admit it but side by side my Porsche sports cars sound like washing machines in need of repair and this darn c8 sounds like a track weapon that has taken steroids.

and made by fellow Americans to boot!

The following 3 users liked this post by Targa32:
cosmos (04-10-2023), Manifold (04-10-2023), rj2014 (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
So I own a 992 Targa 4, 718 GTS Boxster and a 2023 Panamera 4 ehybrid executive and I traded my 2022 GT4 for a first allocation for a 911 T (arriving early June. I am a diehard Porsche fan - over $600,000 plus spent on new Porsche vehicles since 2021.

on a whim and because some of my local buddies wanted me to rejoin our local Corvette club - I placed an order for a Corvette c8 convertible - and they are now selling for msrp - about three months ago. paid $102,250 - msrp - with lots of options. Seemed too cheap given my Porsche pricing experienceZ

i have been driving this c8 around for weeks now and I have around 800 miles on the car.

My friends keep asking me how it compares to my collection of Porsche vehicles. I glibly answer there is “no comparison”.

I tell my Corvette friends it is not as “good” on corners or the interior finish is not up to Porsche levels.

But given none of my Corvette club friends are spending time on this Porsche forum - here is what I actually have discovered about this low cost Corvette c8 convertible.

it Is a truly fantastic car - even if it was priced equivalent to a 911. It sounds fantastic when you start the engine- the engine bursts to life with a lion like roar that shakes your chest and blasts anyone near the car with a wave of power. The interior has almost no hard work plastic and is covered with leather everywhere and it seems like Connolly leather. Stitching is beautifully done on every seam. Electronics are simpler than on my Porsche vehicles and the car has all the options that Porsche charges us extra for and sometimes these days does not even have available. Bose stereo - standard, electric column - standard, folding side mirrors - standard, lane change monitor - standard again. Surround view cameras - yep - standard. Want an upscale metallic paint - $500 - not $3,500. And horsepower - 495 hp- for the base car. porsche wants you to pay up to go to the S and then again to the GTS and even the mighty GT3 has only 20 more hp than the c8 Corvette.

Drove this c8 on a 60 mile mountain drive yesterday and this c8 handles beautifully and has tons of power and applies that power with confidence and gusty -and a deep satisfying roar of engine noise. Switch from touring to Sport plus and the car goes from being calm, comfortable and riding on the road like a Cadillac Sedan to feeling like a real race car. Steering gets harder, suspension stiffens up until your teeth chatter, engine noise rises in a deeper and serious sounding growl — rpm’s rise and the car just slams forward with confidence and determination. Corners as good as my GT 4 did or better than my GTS Boxster. All you see is the tops of the two front fenders and the road right up to the windshield edge.

while down to a 30 mph crawl - push down on a button and the hard top disappears in 15 seconds or less.

Much like the Targa which is nearly impossible to even buy from Porsche - and if you can with a large ADM and the cost for this Targa top is tens of thousands more than a coupe
Butvwith the c8 - this costs $7,500 over the couple which also had a removable top as standard equipment.

want 20” wheels - standard on the c8 but thousands extra on most Porsche models.

Seats have tons of adjustments - you can’t even buy from Corvette a sliding seat with four adjustments.

Brakes are massive with massive rotors.

and it has a proper shift handle in the center of the console - not some dumb shaver plastic **** thing like on my 911 Targa 4.

did I mention that it has two trunks - front and back - like the “lower” cost Porsche model the 718. The vette even has a Front looking recorder camera that will video with details like speed and angle of the wheel - again standard. I paid $70 to preside this capability for my Panamera and my 911T. But the Porsche kit is an extra $480 and the dealers want still another $1,200 to install this recording camera system. PDDC - yep standard on my c8 Z51.

and It is made right here in Bowling Green Kentucky by an assortment of American men and ladies and you can order one and often it will arrive within three months tops.

I really wanted to dislike this c8 Corvette - but I can’t. It is truly a fantastic toy car that is faster and more tuned than the best vehicles from Stuugart.

My suggestion - don’t even take an offer to let you drive a C8 from a friend -you will not be convinced anymore that there is “no substitute” - the Americans have truly designed a fantastic sports car that fills our senses with what we really want from a car company.

I know the crowd buying Porsche’s are wealthier and more often than not know the difference between a Rothschild red Bordeaux and a Pinot - but truthfully this darn c8 Corvette is a tremendous value for the money and I really enjoy driving it everyday.

want a real good price on GT3 performance? Call your local chrvy dealer or one of the mega chrvy dealers in New Jersey and order up a new C8 at msrp and you will have it in your driveway in around three months or less.

I just really hated to admit it but side by side my Porsche sports cars sound like washing machines in need of repair and this darn c8 sounds like a track weapon that has taken steroids.

and made by fellow Americans to boot!

Corvette has always been a value play, and I've wanted one since I was a kid. But by the time it would have made sense to get one, I was tracking and the Corvettes at the track don't seem very reliable.

Porsche is only a good value compared to exotics like McLaren, Ferrari, and Lambo. It's pretty obvious that Porsche gouges us wherever they can, hence their high profit margin. When I look at the amount of technology in my 992 TTS and what it likely cost to design and build the car, it seems overpriced. But when I drive it hard, I think "damn, I think this thing may be worth the money, maybe even a bargain." There's something to Porsche's German engineering which no other manufacturer can replicate (who else is attempting a rear-engine sports car?), so there's still no true substitute for Porsche. I wish Porsche had some real competition in their price range, but IMO they just don't.

All of that said, I'm think I'm gonna try a Corvette.

Last edited by Manifold; 04-10-2023 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:30 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Corvette has always been a value play, and I've wanted one since I was a kid. But by the time it would have made sense to get one, I was tracking and the Corvettes at the track don't seem very reliable.

Porsche is only a good value compared to exotics like McLaren, Ferrari, and Lambo. It's pretty obvious that Porsche gouges us wherever they can, hence their high profit margin. When I look at the amount of technology in my 992 TTS and what it likely cost to design and build the car, it seems overpriced. But when I drive it hard, I think "damn, I think this thing may be worth the money, maybe even a bargain." There's something to Porsche's German engineering which no other manufacturer can replicate (who else is attempting a rear-engine sports car?), so there's still no true substitute for Porsche. I wish Porsche had some real competition in their price range, but IMO they just don't.

All of that said, I'm think I'm gonna try a Corvette.
Porsche is the only game in town doing MT + NA engine in the premium sports car arena that I’m aware of… no competition
The following 3 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
AlexCeres (04-10-2023), Peruna (04-10-2023), PTS (04-11-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 11:17 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 734 Likes on 508 Posts

here's a Canadian example, buy a Panny for $310k and get an RS allocation:
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...-for-grab.html
Old 04-10-2023, 01:46 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
I have a changeable wing allocation that I can sell for 65k over MSRP.
As of this morning, this one is still available. Freezes in late May, delivery in September.
(813) 838-8758
Old 04-10-2023, 09:33 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 546 Posts

It appears an acceptable premium for a buildable touring would be $30k to $50k?

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM