Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 03:11 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
These allocations have been given out yes, that is fact...my dealer has 2 Gt3s for the calendar year of 2023...that includes 1 wing, and one touring, only one is an MY24, which I wouldnt count on many being built in actual calendar year 2024, very similarly to the 2016 gt3 though likely even fewer. So, yes there is an MY 24, but no...it will unfortunately not be the saving grace in raining cars down to the waitlists 😂.
You don't know for sure though. My dealer for sure said i will get a car in 24 since im top of list based on the info they have but i'm not holding my breath. I have no expectations unless my allocation locks and even then, we know we can have ship sinking even when the car is built so predictions with Porsche means nothing. Porsche could decide to build a ton of cars or could build less cars. No one knows and past history is not always indicative of the future.
The following users liked this post:
Manifold (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 06:44 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

These allocations have been given out yes, that is fact...my dealer has 2 Gt3s for the calendar year of 2023...that includes 1 wing, and one touring, only one is an MY24, which I wouldnt count on many being built in actual calendar year 2024, very similarly to the 2016 gt3 though likely even fewer. So, yes there is an MY 24, but no...it will unfortunately not be the saving grace in raining cars down to the waitlists 😂.
Is there any evidence which supports this, or are you just making an assumption here? Comparing to what happened in 2016 makes little sense, since production cycles were effected by the pandemic. Porsche DTLA mentioned to me that Porsche has not determined an end to the 992 GT3 production yet, because they are "doing everything they can to catch up on production". If their factory has the capacity, I don't see a reason to end the production in the same manner as the prior generations, when the beginning of production was so different due to a global pandemic.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
Is there any evidence which supports this, or are you just making an assumption here? Comparing to what happened in 2016 makes little sense, since production cycles were effected by the pandemic. Porsche DTLA mentioned to me that Porsche has not determined an end to the 992 GT3 production yet, because they are "doing everything they can to catch up on production". If their factory has the capacity, I don't see a reason to end the production in the same manner as the prior generations, when the beginning of production was so different due to a global pandemic.
That's just his speculation. Like I said, the only one that knows is Porsche AG....not people on here, not dealers, and not even PCNA. If Porsche has the capacity and the parts, they should keep building GT3s as the demand for their other cars is beginning to come down.
WCGhost (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 07:42 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
All allocations have been given out to dealers, with the exception of a few bonus cars, (talking about a handful), but not enough to make any difference. Those who think otherwise are fooling themselves. If you got one great, if not, many to choose from on the used market.

This is literally the case, and verified by multiple dealers (and multiple dealers refunding deposits)...while there is obviously a chance of things here and there, the factory is currently AT CAPACITY between all of the GT models/dakar on that production line as per visitors who have seen the actual line/their conversation with Porsche AG there. Could Porsche stop production of other cars and specifically make more Gt3's? I mean yeah...but going from 2 allocations to 20 allocations from calendar year 23-24 seems unlikely. I dont really care what the end answer is, I drive what I buy, and it goes back to my dealer whenever Im done with it, this is just what it seems like is going to be the case for these cars.

Last edited by sechsgang; 12-29-2022 at 07:48 PM.
AlexCeres (12-30-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 07:45 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
The comparison is just for the 3 model years that the 991.1 gt3 was built in being the most MY's a gt3 product has been made. 14-15 saw the most cars, 16 saw a few. I (and yes, I don't know what's on AG's books) could easily see this rolling out the exact same way, covid or not. At the end of the day it's a guess...but its not exactly a far reach.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:36 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

This is literally the case, and verified by multiple dealers (and multiple dealers refunding deposits)...while there is obviously a chance of things here and there, the factory is currently AT CAPACITY between all of the GT models/dakar on that production line as per visitors who have seen the actual line/their conversation with Porsche AG there.
CJ Wilson owner of Porsche of Fresno who recently visited Zuffenhausen has literally posted the exact same thing, but there are some posters here that are like election deniers.

The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (12-29-2022), JAB12 (12-30-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 09:45 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

If you really think your 992 gt3 is going to hold value from the brand that literally publicly claims they will not cater to collectors and they are pumping out a shtt ton of....you are setting yourself up for disappointment is all. Shouldn't do that to yourself

Happiness = Reality/Expectations

Old 12-29-2022, 10:01 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
If you really think your 992 gt3 is going to hold value from the brand that literally publicly claims they will not cater to collectors and they are pumping out a shtt ton of....you are setting yourself up for disappointment is all. Shouldn't do that to yourself

do me a favor so that I can make sure I am keeping track of your rhetoric; who are the ones on here stupid enough to to utter on here that GT3s are holding value. I need you to write the names for me in your next post. thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:08 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Does anyone seeking to buy a GT car not already have at least one fun car? Why the fervent desire to get these particular cars? There are so many new and used fun cars to choose from, many available right now at reasonable prices. Do you have to have a tulip?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
You've posted in this "ADM" thread 119 times since Nov. 1st.
Your daily "rationalization" as to why you'll never own a 992 GT car is impressive.
I'll give you that.
Tulips eh?

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 12-29-2022 at 11:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (12-30-2022), JAB12 (12-30-2022), NYCGT3 (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 12:42 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Not cater to collectors, but let’s make the Sport Classic, Dakar, GTS America (yuck!), ST (possible).

Remember when Porsche acted like they care about emissions?
https://mediaassets.pca.org/pages/do...ent-notice.pdf

The whole VW debacle, which was pretty clever, was yet another recent example.
AlexCeres (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 12:49 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Not cater to collectors, but let’s make the Sport Classic, Dakar, GTS America (yuck!), ST (possible).

Remember when Porsche acted like they care about emissions?
https://mediaassets.pca.org/pages/do...ent-notice.pdf

The whole VW debacle, which was pretty clever, was yet another recent example.

Anyone receive any money yet? I put in like 4 claims with my Venmo address. Still waiting. 🤔 ⏳ haha
Old 12-30-2022, 12:57 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

My good man, do you even read what you type? Or do you just enjoy the sound of your own keyboard?

Porsche makes more limited numbered models, special editions, tribute models, etc. than just about any marque out there.
Diablo Dude (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 11:29 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
Anyone receive any money yet? I put in like 4 claims with my Venmo address. Still waiting. 🤔 ⏳ haha
Ha, nope ……….I got a email 9/17 they received my 4 submissions. My guess it will take 6 months or so to process all the claims, seems to be a manual process and I’m sure it’s a resource issue like everything else these days.
Scottykenneth (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 08:34 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Curious if anyone who is still looking for a car has been making calls this week or plan to this weekend? Some dealers who have had a car for sale for a year, are not moving a penny from their original ask from January of this year (as it sits, this is the longest sitting GT3 in the country and one of the most expensive, I think they just like the way the cars look in their Subaru showroom), but others sound open to aggressively coming down from their ADM, and on a pretty decent specs. I know there were some people looking for brand new cars from Porsche dealerships, I am seeing $$40-$50K ADMs possible on these this weekend and potentially lower given the responses received, which is a significant drop for a new car. Assuming they want to get some cars moved out of inventory by year end. Really hoping I can find one within my ADM budget of $30K, but seems like the chances of getting a new car at this price is dwindling.'

Also looks like another BAT auction completed with a much lower ending price, this one was very well optioned so we can't use that as an excuse like we did for the touring with blue seats and no FAL. This ended at only $30K over MSRP.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2022-porsche-gt3-16/

Last edited by WCGhost; 12-30-2022 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:45 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Odd to get this today, the day before the last day of the year, but interesting to see a Porsche dealer offering an incentive to sell cars:

"Any new Macan sold between

now and end of year will come with

2 year pre-paid service"

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM