Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,265 Likes on 945 Posts

Look, the system sucks. There are Porsche dealers that are jerk offs. But the system is what it is. Having a GT car is not essential to life. Its not a universal guarantee that if you have money you will get a GT car. They are a limited car with lots of demand. Demand dictates mark ups. Thats how the free market works.

If you dont like it, get a 991.2 which is ~90% of the car if not more as the 992. Or wait- more will be available in the future. Or just pay more.

But why does everyone feel so entitled? I love the new Ferrari SP3. Zero chance in hell Ill ever get one. I want the new Porsche supercar whenever its released. Chances of me getting one- slim to none. Im not going to sit there an complain. Ill go buy something else if I want to burn a hole in my pocket.

ADMs suck. Porsche dealers suck. But this is the reality of the world and nothing Porsche or the dealers are doing is illegal. They are trying to maximize profits in this crazy world- something anyone here would do if the opportunity arose.
The following 5 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
itrsteve (11-22-2021), Maverick787 (11-22-2021), michaeldorian (11-22-2021), RealityGT (11-22-2021), ShakeNBake (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 02:30 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

Agree the system sucks, but i dont have any issues with ADM- it is what it is for high demand / low supply items like the GT3. I am asking the vehement anti-ADM forum members for their 992 GT3 sales model that is “fair” to both business and customer-
Old 11-22-2021, 02:39 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,861 Likes on 1,902 Posts

FFS
The following users liked this post:
GT3 Mike (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 02:48 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

The issue is lack of transparency from Porsche and dealers give all the power for this ADM nonsense to happen.

We all know plenty of ppl that get these cars to flip them and are just car brokers etc. They are not a true consumer but are there for profit. This is wrong and hurts the Porsche brand, and also has made potential clients go and purchase cars from other brands.

Once you submit your order with deposit, Porsche should give you ETA for allocation just like Tesla does. This is not hard. This would take the leverage from the dealer to give allocations to who ever they want. Porsche could also release data of allocations provided for X period.

BTW my SA doesn’t even reply when i ask for updates which i find ridiculous, then why take deposits and promise that car is coming.
michaeldorian (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 02:50 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
Agree the system sucks, but i dont have any issues with ADM- it is what it is for high demand / low supply items like the GT3. I am asking the vehement anti-ADM forum members for their 992 GT3 sales model that is “fair” to both business and customer-
You do realize that there are plenty of dealers that sell at MSRP. This ADM game is just nonsense unless they are paying well over on your trade-in then i get it - you can’t have it both ways.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:57 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fang911
You are asking someone who thinks the cars are overpriced and that the system is rigged to come up with a more fair system??

Really?

To quote @Archimedes - FFS!

Old 11-22-2021, 03:16 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

wow
Old 11-22-2021, 03:30 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,156 Likes on 4,921 Posts

The system works.

It's called capitalism.

People bitching about ADMs on GT cars nowadays either are very young, or have convenient long term memory loss, because when the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 came out it actually sold for a discount, and sat on dealer lots.

The system works.

Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it works for the dealer.

But it works.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 11-22-2021 at 03:32 PM.
lawrence1 (12-08-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 03:34 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,587 Likes on 881 Posts

Why arent dealers doing what other firms do when they are not able to generate enough revenue? Start off with reducing compensation and if insufficient, lay people off. What does GM or Microsoft or AMD do in such cases? Do they mark up their products?

This is a very toxic and nasty way of doing business. It makes me want to vomit. I have no respect for these people and the same is true for service and parts departments. Overall a very dishonest and unethical business model.
JAB12 (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 03:42 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Why arent dealers doing what other firms do when they are not able to generate enough revenue? Start off with reducing compensation and if insufficient, lay people off. What does GM or Microsoft or AMD do in such cases? Do they mark up their products?

This is a very toxic and nasty way of doing business. It makes me want to vomit. I have no respect for these people and the same is true for service and parts departments. Overall a very dishonest and unethical business model.

If enough people feel that way they will not patronize the dealership. But you are making the assumption they are not able to generate enough revenue. I think they are hitting and exceeding their revenue targets.

btw- aren’t there already 62 threads devoted to this?
Old 11-22-2021, 03:42 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals

why stop there? Let’s place cap on how much one can sell their home. Would you sell your home for less than market value??
Old 11-22-2021, 03:46 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 519 Posts

The system is what it is. I was lucky to get a Touring for MSRP - but I also waited 5 years for it.

Try to buy a Patek, AP, Rolex or (even now) a Vacheron at list - then your eyes will really bleed.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:46 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
why stop there? Let’s place cap on how much one can sell their home. Would you sell your home for less than market value??
And you can only sell it to the builder.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:49 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 282 Posts

Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price

I hate the ADM game for one reason - people who would enjoy and deserve the cars the most get shafted by the big whale that needs a car now. The GT car is a very emotional car that is most appreciated by those who understand the ethos behind it. If some dude pays $300k and puts it in his garage next to 10 other exotics, it is not appreciated for what it is. They should be driven, hard. I wish there was a way to sell the cars to the people who are actually going to drive them.

The following 2 users liked this post by sgroer:
michaeldorian (11-22-2021), usctrojanGT3 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 03:51 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,000 Posts

I really have no issue with ADMs at all. I love free markets because they work very well. The only issue I have is people who are dishonest in that market place. I am not talking about dealers or PCNA/PAG doing anything illegal but just telling you one thing and then doing another. Such as "you are next on the list" until someone comes in with another 50k above what you had agreed to pay. Or a friend of the GM says he really wants one and then jumps ahead of you even though you had money down for 2 years. I would much rather be told that I am on the list but will get bumped if someone else bids higher than me rather than be lied to.

I'm not sure what the answer is either. There are flaws with every model I have come up with. It can't be that the fastest guy on his keyboard gets the allocation after the first GT reveal. Or the billionaire who buys every GT car moves to the front of the line automatically.

I bought three Porsches from the same SA. He has been totally upfront with me on the reality of my situation and his; with no commitments or BS. All of my transactions have been a couple of text or email exchanges. That's it. I am a nobody too.

Two cars were at 5% discounts with ED included. GT3 was at MSRP. When I moved, I tried to build a relationship with my local dealer where I service my cars. They claimed MSRP for my GT3 when I put money down 2.5 years ago then asked at the last minute for a 25k ADM. I declined. My previous dealer 1200 miles away then texted me and asked if I wanted a GT3 at MSRP. Guess which dealership I am sending my three Porsches to when I am done with them?
The following 2 users liked this post by subshooter:
michaeldorian (11-22-2021), NYCGT3 (11-22-2021)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM