Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

coastcoasteded
Originally Posted by ATLBond
Sweet. Deviated stitching stands out. Congratulations. Enjoy.
Deviated is a curious option: most won't notice it. You, as an aficionado, will notice, however. And Iam cognizant ==stitching== every time I get in my 911.

Same goes for the aluminium-look fuel cap cover - yes, it's coated plastic, I know that - but it has paid for itself already in my enjoyment as I think of the old racing Porsches when I see it. Got to the museum in Zuffenhausen: it all makes sense.

And the aluminium pedals (?) Why would one? Not from a dollars and sense [sic, deliberate pun] perspective. I hop in, see those details that I chose, and it warms the cockles of my heart - whatever those are

The 'so what': don't go mad on options, but think in your 'gut' what may give you a ROEI: return on emotional investment. Not about ROI.

We are all very fortunate even to consider buying such lovely cars as these.

Last edited by 917k; 07-19-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by yruam8
Just took delivery of my 991.2 Turbo. I put over 300 Km on it in 2 days!! These photos were taken during the dealer's PDI. Loving it...
Just gorgeous: black and the white dials: very stylish. Congrats!! (meant to say that earlier).
Old 07-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

I've never posted my build on this thread, so, a couple weeks out from delivery, here it is: http://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/usa.aspx Code: PHNEBF49
In addition to the black interior, engine cover, glass sunroof, headlight trim and washer cover and window trim, and black model designation, I'm adding the following. Black with polished nickel hood crest and black exhaust tips. I am adding a splash of red with a red S to follow the 911. I vacillated between 4S and S for some time but finally decided to go with the classic, 911S. P-car people will know it's a 4S and it won't matter to anyone else.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:51 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
I've never posted my build on this thread, so, a couple weeks out from delivery, here it is: http://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/usa.aspx Code: PHNEBF49
In addition to the black interior, engine cover, glass sunroof, headlight trim and washer cover and window trim, and black model designation, I'm adding the following. Black with polished nickel hood crest and black exhaust tips. I am adding a splash of red with a red S to follow the 911. I vacillated between 4S and S for some time but finally decided to go with the classic, 911S. P-car people will know it's a 4S and it won't matter to anyone else.
Nice config. Consider adding Smoking Package. Its free but most importantly it makes the center console look complete and comes with a cig lighter / power source
Old 07-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
Nice! Our final price is w/in ~$1k of each other (but min 2S not 4S, but given your 'Ski' handle 4S makes sense). I vacillated about black headlight surrounds. You? On a light, vibrant, colour like MB (or LO) the black '911' lettering makes a lot of sense (model delete). I love the cleaner look on mine & in Schwarz, so nice to see it in yr spec.

MB was in my top 3 shortlist Ski P: curious to know what other colours you have considered? (mine were LO, MB and Sapphire - I also like GT silver/red leather but have something very close to that already).

How about Miami deviated stitching?

Ditto on add smoking pkg ^^ (poster's comment above): cleaner look and +12V outlet which is handy. Also, have you thought of having rev counter in black rather than grey? It's personal taste but I find the grey wish-washy and prefer all the instruments in black - just my preference.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:32 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by 917k
Nice! Our final price is w/in ~$1k of each other (but min 2S not 4S, but given your 'Ski' handle 4S makes sense). I vacillated about black headlight surrounds. You? On a light, vibrant, colour like MB (or LO) the black '911' lettering makes a lot of sense (model delete). I love the cleaner look on mine & in Schwarz, so nice to see it in yr spec.

MB was in my top 3 shortlist Ski P: curious to know what other colours you have considered? (mine were LO, MB and Sapphire - I also like GT silver/red leather but have something very close to that already).

How about Miami deviated stitching?

Ditto on add smoking pkg ^^ (poster's comment above): cleaner look and +12V outlet which is handy. Also, have you thought of having rev counter in black rather than grey? It's personal taste but I find the grey wish-washy and prefer all the instruments in black - just my preference.
Rev counter in gray, the way it comes OEM, is difficult to see because of glare. Not only does it look nice like stated above, it is also functional.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:57 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks for looking at the configuration. The ship it's on docks tomorrow, so I think the build is locked. My .1 C2S didn't have the smoker package and my GT4 does. For my purposes, I prefer the non-smoker set up. My wife and I considered the deviated stitching but didn't see the value for us. It's spendy! I was considering GT Silver, Sapphire and Miami Blue. When my wife saw MB in the flesh the decision was made. The color pushed her over the edge on the decision to order a new Carrera.
I'm all in on the black trim, as noted in my post. It's a black and blue Porsche. I've never named a car but I might call this one, "The Boxer"
Old 07-22-2016, 01:27 AM
Panta
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie Alert! My first Porsche 991.2 black cab arrived at the dealership. I placed my order 5/5/16 and it arrived 7/19/16. Special thanks to Will Gakos @ Town Porsche,NJ. It's currently being wrapped in PPF so I have yet to drive it. However I wanted to thank everyone who post on the forum .. made the wait less painful and the overall process less intimidating for a first timer.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Fjord
Track Day

Originally Posted by Panta
Newbie Alert! My first Porsche 991.2 black cab arrived at the dealership. I placed my order 5/5/16 and it arrived 7/19/16. Special thanks to Will Gakos @ Town Porsche,NJ. It's currently being wrapped in PPF so I have yet to drive it. However I wanted to thank everyone who post on the forum .. made the wait less painful and the overall process less intimidating for a first timer.

Gorgeous car! I used to live in NJ and bought my first 911 from Jack Daniels in 2000--I remember Town Motors well. Is Mike Pantoliano (sp.?) still there?
Old 07-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Panta
3rd Gear

Thanks Fjord, umm I did not get introduced to Mike so I have no idea if he still works there.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:13 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

My Porsche is almost here!!!

Old 07-23-2016, 12:20 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

THE WAIT IS OVER. Just picked up yesterday and what a great automobile. Porsche never ceases to amaze me..

Stephen
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2016, 12:30 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by stephen k
THE WAIT IS OVER. Just picked up yesterday and what a great automobile. Porsche never ceases to amaze me..

Stephen
Congratulations Stephen. You'll realize soon enough it's difficult to wipe the grin off ur face every time u hold the steering wheel and rev the engine. Enjoy, safe driving, stay out of trouble (or try ).
Old 07-23-2016, 12:42 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Congratulations Stephen. You'll realize soon enough it's difficult to wipe the grin off ur face every time u hold the steering wheel and rev the engine. Enjoy, safe driving, stay out of trouble (or try ).
Thanks ATLBond. In the office today but having a hard time not thinking about my new 991. I couldn't even sleep last night.

Stephen
Old 07-23-2016, 01:57 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by stephen k
Thanks ATLBond. In the office today but having a hard time not thinking about my new 991. I couldn't even sleep last night.

Stephen
U mean 991.2 ...

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!