Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 12:22 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any way to track progress of our cars other than contacting the dealership?

My sales guy left the dealership shortly after I put down a deposit and the new guy they assigned me to can't be bothered to return emails, phone calls, or texts.

Can I get info directly from Porsche NA? Based on the timeline I got from my original sales rep, my car should have been completed last week.

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-31-2016, 01:26 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
Is there any way to track progress of our cars other than contacting the dealership?

My sales guy left the dealership shortly after I put down a deposit and the new guy they assigned me to can't be bothered to return emails, phone calls, or texts.

Can I get info directly from Porsche NA? Based on the timeline I got from my original sales rep, my car should have been completed last week.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have a VIN? If yes, you have a car and it's traceable.
If not, IMO, you've got a valid complaint. Especially since the dealer has your money.
In any case, I'd suggest calling PNA and ask them to get to the bottom of all this.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:43 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

No VIN yet, but I haven't had meaningful communication since it locked in mid-July. Once I do get a VIN, how do I trace the car? How do I find what ship it's on, etc?

I downloaded the Porsche delivery app, but it wouldn't appear to be the droid I am looking for.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

No VIN yet, but I haven't had meaningful communication since it locked in mid-July. Once I do get a VIN, how do I trace the car? How do I find what ship it's on, etc?

I downloaded the Porsche delivery app, but it wouldn't appear to be the droid I am looking for.
Not too old: http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-a...-out-info.html
Old 07-31-2016, 03:16 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the help!
Contact the sales manager and ask him to transfer your order to a professional SA.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

That's very poor service and unacceptable in my opinion. If the sales manager is unresponsive call PCNA and complain. The dealerships hate to have dissatisfied customers, both on the sales and service ends.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:51 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to the person who will be pocketing the sales commission and getting the survey results.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:25 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 46 Posts

I couldn't get the app to work correctly once I entered my VIN. PEC tells me that it's because the 2017 cars have not been added to the app yet, so I'll have to use the self-guided section that is not specific to my car. I guess that's better than nothing, and probably still useful since I have a feeling the new car will be just a little different than my 964.

TAL2GK, as far as Hendrick goes I agree with the other posters about contacting the a manager. Or you can talk to Steve Mann, he's the one helping me out.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:45 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is not exactly true - given my experience. The delivery app will pick up *your* VIN once that number is uploaded the database. The same thing had happened to me. By the way, the delivery app is a complete waste of time. You will already know everything the app would show you.....
Old 08-01-2016, 11:21 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
this is not exactly true - given my experience. The delivery app will pick up *your* VIN once that number is uploaded the database. The same thing had happened to me. By the way, the delivery app is a complete waste of time. You will already know everything the app would show you.....
Okay, maybe I'll try it again. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts
Default It's Here!

Truck got to the dealer first thing to drop my C4S off. Here it is PDI done, waiting for Clearbra and detail. I pick it up tomorrow.
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Duskopopov
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Porsche (black turbo s) on its way (Glovis Challenge, last spotted somewhere over the North Atlantic Ocean text in the middle of the map) and in need of serious therapy to get through the anticipation here. Deposit down in March and was born on 7/11. Specs below and have clear side markers and alcantara visors (w/o the airbag stickers) waiting at the dealer to go in on day 1. Went with deviated stitching in pearl grey throughout and happy to post any pics when it shows up if anyone interested (took a while to get comfortable that everything was in there as I'd expected so putting the full codes below in case anyone else in the same boat while ordering).

Have been all over this website and have learned so much from all of the posts on here. Really helpful to have such a great group of knowledgeable and experienced people answering so many of the questions that I've had already. Thank you.

Specs:
1 991450 911 Turbo S
2 A1 Black
3 AZ Leather Interior in Black
24891 Seat Stitching in Deviated Thread (Front and Rear)
24901 Dashboard Stitching in Deviated Thread
24902 Upper Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
24905 Rear Side Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
24906 Center Console Lid Stitching in Deviated Thread
26741 Center Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
26751 Armrest Stitching in Deviated Thread
26761 Door Handle Stitching in Deviated Thread
4 342 Seat Heating (Front)
5 457 Lane Change Assist
6 541 Seat Ventilation (Front)
7 583 Smoking Package
8 625 Porsche Entry & Drive
9 630 Light Design Package
10 653 Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
11 658 Power Steering Plus
90027 Steering Column Casing with Stitching in Deviated Thread
90043 Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shell with Stitching in Deviated T
12 9VJ Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
13 CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather
14 XAJ Side Skirts Painted
15 XCP Rear Side Air Intakes Painted
16 XEY LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System P
17 XHS Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching
18 XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather
19 XUB Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
20 XUE Rear Fascia Painted
21 XWL Sport Seats Plus Backrest Trim in Leather
22 ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest
Old 08-03-2016, 12:52 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Originally Posted by famous shoes
That's very poor service and unacceptable in my opinion. If the sales manager is unresponsive call PCNA and complain. The dealerships hate to have dissatisfied customers, both on the sales and service ends.
Good news, I was able to get a little more information ... my car was completed a few days early and is now hanging out in Emden waiting for a cruise to Jacksonville.

How long it takes to go from Jacksonville to Atlanta PEC is still unknown.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:17 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Hope this works......... (I didn't know you could link to this, I posted my specs on a previous page but here you can see it)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHZPZMY6

my first Porsche. opinions?
Old 08-03-2016, 02:50 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Porsche has finally arrived!! They still need to tint the windows, and put the clear bra on. Hoping to pick up on Monday. Very Excited

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!