Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:38 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 46 Posts

Just got the confirmation date for Atlanta PEC delivery, August 25th!!
Old 07-06-2016, 12:03 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats - you will love it !!!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:10 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NAAMAZ
The Morning Catherine is moored in San Diego!

That is great news. Did it take 30 days to get to the port of SD from Emden?

Stephen
Old 07-06-2016, 02:30 PM
NAAMAZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, just about 30 days, it came in one day early.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I have to finalize my build tomorrow for a late October / early November delivery - I ended up settling on this spec:
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PHCUBGW0

I'm also doing Guards Red deviated stiching on the dash, seats, upper doors, and center armrest.

I was expecting to go with the four way sport buckets rather than the 18 ways. I figured with seats though I ought to try them out before settling in on my choice. I went to the dealer and sat in a few, and I was very pleasantly surprised by how the 18 way seats fit me - it made me realize that I've gotten used to always having the front half of my legs float in the air in car seats. (I'm only 6'1" and 180 lbs, so perhaps I just carry my height differently than most.) This dangling legs thing includes my 997 GTS which has the 4 way sport seats. When I changed the seat base angle and extended the forward base on the 18 ways, I felt my legs properly supported by the seat base and really liked it. I also liked that I could bring the side bolsters in as they are a bit loose on the 4 way sport seats - good support but not snug.

I had already gone from Bose to Burmester, and once I also added those seats the price was already in you'll-lose-your-shirt-when-you-resell-this-car territory, so I went all in and got the red stitching for fun. I'm really happy with the two last minute changes. I expect the car will make me smile every time I get in it - I can't wait to see it!!
Old 07-07-2016, 04:07 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Ace37, throwing this out there..... You're already losing your shirt..... Why not get the LED headlights? Beautiful build otherwise
Old 07-07-2016, 04:43 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ace, it's a great spec! You're going to love it.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:08 AM
b-thumper
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My C2S with no sunroof an manual trans into production this month for Octoberfest delivery. Can't wait!!

Also PTS "surprise" color. Can't wait to share with the world
Old 07-09-2016, 12:11 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NAAMAZ
Yes, just about 30 days, it came in one day early.
That is great news. Curious how fast the car will be released for transport event V810... Keep us in the loop!

Stephen

Originally Posted by ace37
I have to finalize my build tomorrow for a late October / early November delivery - I ended up settling on this spec:
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PHCUBGW0

I'm also doing Guards Red deviated stiching on the dash, seats, upper doors, and center armrest.

I was expecting to go with the four way sport buckets rather than the 18 ways. I figured with seats though I ought to try them out before settling in on my choice. I went to the dealer and sat in a few, and I was very pleasantly surprised by how the 18 way seats fit me - it made me realize that I've gotten used to always having the front half of my legs float in the air in car seats. (I'm only 6'1" and 180 lbs, so perhaps I just carry my height differently than most.) This dangling legs thing includes my 997 GTS which has the 4 way sport seats. When I changed the seat base angle and extended the forward base on the 18 ways, I felt my legs properly supported by the seat base and really liked it. I also liked that I could bring the side bolsters in as they are a bit loose on the 4 way sport seats - good support but not snug.

I had already gone from Bose to Burmester, and once I also added those seats the price was already in you'll-lose-your-shirt-when-you-resell-this-car territory, so I went all in and got the red stitching for fun. I'm really happy with the two last minute changes. I expect the car will make me smile every time I get in it - I can't wait to see it!!
That is a great build. Crests on the seat/armrest and GR gauges are the little things that will matter in the cabin. I've experienced the Burmester in my fathers CTT and Pan TT and it is worth the premium over the bose.

Stephen
Old 07-09-2016, 04:29 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

I wanted and ticked most of the performance boxes and I love audio enough to want the Burmester based on reviews here. The issue was when I sat in a few new cars with no-option interiors I found it very nice but a bit flat. I'm coming from a GTS, so I think that's the problem. Getting full leather, splashes of red, and the embossed crests are touches that will make the car feel more special to me personally. I'm a bit late now for the LED headlights, but honestly I went a bit farther on options than I was planning to, so I'm happy to be able to say I held back on something!

If we wanted to save money I'd have bought a nice $30k-$40k car or maybe picked up something like an Alfa 4C and driven our SUV more. This was a splurge for us and will be a fun one. After the GTS I know I really enjoy Porsche, so I wasn't afraid to spend the money as I know I will be very happy with the result. My wife was quite supportive - she essentially told me that if we're planning to get a nice expensive 911 as a toy that I can drive to work, option it so that I love it or I'm missing the point!
Old 07-09-2016, 04:42 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by b-thumper
My C2S with no sunroof an manual trans into production this month for Octoberfest delivery. Can't wait!!

Also PTS "surprise" color. Can't wait to share with the world
Congratulations! I'm pretty curious to see. I kind of like the pastel shades on these cars.

My wife can be pretty serious, so I like to give her a good-natured hard time now and then to keep things light and easy. I wanted a red one, but since these cars have big round headlights that stand up, I asked her what she thought about me doing a PTS green of some shade and getting a license plate that said FROGGY.

Since she thought I might be half-serious, I got a bigger reaction than I expected - "NO -- You can't spend all that money on a joke!!"

Lol... some people have no sense of humor.... I'd get a chuckle out of a lot of drivers with that... myself most of all...
Old 07-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Fjord
Track Day

Originally Posted by ace37
Thanks for the comments and feedback!

I wanted and ticked most of the performance boxes and I love audio enough to want the Burmester based on reviews here. The issue was when I sat in a few new cars with no-option interiors I found it very nice but a bit flat. I'm coming from a GTS, so I think that's the problem. Getting full leather, splashes of red, and the embossed crests are touches that will make the car feel more special to me personally. I'm a bit late now for the LED headlights, but honestly I went a bit farther on options than I was planning to, so I'm happy to be able to say I held back on something!

If we wanted to save money I'd have bought a nice $30k-$40k car or maybe picked up something like an Alfa 4C and driven our SUV more. This was a splurge for us and will be a fun one. After the GTS I know I really enjoy Porsche, so I wasn't afraid to spend the money as I know I will be very happy with the result. My wife was quite supportive - she essentially told me that if we're planning to get a nice expensive 911 as a toy that I can drive to work, option it so that I love it or I'm missing the point!
What a nice wife! Mine is the same! For our first 2001 911, she offered to pay half. Then, when I started talking about this new one, she said, "Whatever you think--You're the driver."

So, we recently ordered a C4S, but I am still a bit undecided about a C4 instead. I know that would involve a change of allocations, so I have to see what works for both dealer and me.

So, thankfully, on an expense, and a great car like this, it's nice to have the support of our spouses!
Old 07-10-2016, 12:20 AM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Just saw this at my dealer today

Old 07-10-2016, 01:15 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
Just got the confirmation date for Atlanta PEC delivery, August 25th!!
Congrats! I'm also doing PEC delivery, but my car locks next week. When do you get delivery date confirmation for PEC? Where in the production cycle, that is?
Old 07-10-2016, 01:39 AM
911 4S
Advanced

Originally Posted by TrappistMonk
Just saw this at my dealer today

Beautiful spec, very close to what I am leaning towards. Not sure about the black roof, or if I want those wheels or the ten spokes...

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!