Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 12:56 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you have a good case for getting the Dec, or at least part of it, lease payment waived. Also bad luck on the door, I dispise hit and runs, did they replace the door panel? I do not do vanity plates but I fully get that the ones you use are meaningful to you, you made your wishes known to the dealer who should have followed through. That was just poor service IMO.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Seems to me you had a lame "Porsche Ambassador" who put all his attention on his/her commission and none on you. You'd think that with a marquee brand like Porsche, you'd get SA to give you quality service. For the record, I got my vanity plates transferred to my new GTS and everything went without a hiccup.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko
I think I read your plate is a reflection of your profession. However, that plate would be more fitting on a Mercedes-Benz as Designo is equivalent to Porsche's Exclusive. That was the fist thing I thought when I saw the plate.
Used to have it on 3 S Classes So yes - everyone thought I was a tool for faking a designo model.

It was always intended to be DESIGN 01 since DESIGN1 was taken.

www.facebook.com/thebradleyscott
Old 12-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by sctanton52
I think you have a good case for getting the Dec, or at least part of it, lease payment waived. Also bad luck on the door, I dispise hit and runs, did they replace the door panel? I do not do vanity plates but I fully get that the ones you use are meaningful to you, you made your wishes known to the dealer who should have followed through. That was just poor service IMO.
Car is back with a brand new door. Insurance was billed a hefty 12,500. Crazy expensive - thank god for insurance.

It really has been just about a full month that the car was illegal to drive. Let's see what PCNA does for me. They really should stand behind their product in this respect. It was of no fault of mine - and the fact that the dealer didn't call me to apologize...is pretty god-awful.

To know they made their customer spend hours at the DMV to rectify their mistake - and no call of apology - or offer of ANY kind.

Had it been our fault (pops is an accountant and I work here too in his firm) and we screwed something up - causing the client hardship - we'd have paid for the mistake (penalties, late fees, interest) and sent the client out for a steak dinner to show our regret.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:42 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to help others, which dealership was this?
Old 12-29-2016, 08:30 PM
cangumby
Track Day

My Wife's S Cab is somewhere between Halifax and Vancouver. Good lord we live in a large country !
Old 12-29-2016, 11:36 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

I was told today that dealerships outside of NY "subcontract" the plate transfer work to DMV Services companies that handle these things and that the dealer itself does not do that.

I was offered a porsche windbreaker from the dealer and said they can't comp me the month's lease payment. They said that had I been stopped by police - I would have only received a $60 no registration ticket which they would have paid for and therefore I was not prohibited from driving the car.

Thoughts?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 AM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
They said that had I been stopped by police - I would have only received a $60 no registration ticket which they would have paid for and therefore I was not prohibited from driving the car.

Thoughts?
Their argument is a cost-benefit analysis? None of that changes the fact that their screw-up made the car illegal to drive. Doesn't matter whom they subcontract the work to.

Also, my brief Googling about NY State vehicle registration laws indicates that $60 is just an estimate on their part. Actual penalties vary from $40-$300, can include about a hundred bucks in surcharges, and in some cases can include up to 15 days of jail time. And I'm not sure if that kind of data sticks on your record, or is available to insurance companies. Perhaps others know more.

Might want to spin this off to a general forum post to get more input.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 AM
NF4710
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 122 Posts

That's just awful treatment by the dealer. They should absolutely comp you the month or extend your lease by a month. I would contact PCNA - I would imagine they would make this right for you. If not the dealer should cover all services through your lease for free. I have found they are more likely to work with you on services rather than items bc they don't lose as much money as you would spend.

NF
Old 12-30-2016, 12:54 AM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cangumby
My Wife's S Cab is somewhere between Halifax and Vancouver. Good lord we live in a large country !
Yes Canada is indeed a big place. Please posts some pics when your wife's Cab arrives.

Cheers,
Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Take the cheap windbreaker and move on. Trying to get money out of a dealership - a free lease payment or free maintenance - is like trying to get blood from a stone.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by NF4710
That's just awful treatment by the dealer. They should absolutely comp you the month or extend your lease by a month. I would contact PCNA - I would imagine they would make this right for you. If not the dealer should cover all services through your lease for free. I have found they are more likely to work with you on services rather than items bc they don't lose as much money as you would spend.

NF
They pass the blame to the DMV service company. The DMV services company will never pay a month lease.

PCNA will likely try to take this from the dealer's pocket. Trouble is a client of ours is the one who handled the lease for us and arranged a very good price for us.

It makes it difficult for us to go rough on the dealer.

Though in the end, anyone would ask what I am asking.

Would PCNA compensate me without deducting it from the dealership?
Old 12-30-2016, 02:25 PM
NF4710
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 122 Posts

The dealer is still responsible, whether their contractors fault or not. That said it sounds like you already got special treatment and a great deal...in that case I would probably settle for the windbreaker as you don't want to make life difficult for your client. I would imagine PCNA would find fault with the dealer. Hard not to...

Cheers,
NF
Old 12-30-2016, 02:39 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car has just arrived at the dealer. They'd really like it if I could pick it up today or tomorrow, for some reason.

Inspection in progress:
Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2016, 02:47 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the color

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!