Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 03:05 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porshanut
Placed an order yesterday. Arrival early March.

Carrera coupe
Black/Black
PDK
20" Spyder wheels
PSE
Premium Pkg plus 14 way seats
Sport Chrono
LCA
No sunroof
Model designation "911"

I drove both the S and the base back to back and the base was as quick as my '14 C4S. No brainer for me.
Awfully brave of you to pick a black/black car for use in Texas. Sunroof delete seems sane, though.

Curious -- What prompted the move from your .1 C4S to the .2 C2? Any other option changes this time around, like SPASM, PDCC, etc?
Old 12-10-2016, 03:53 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
I think I might win the award for the coldest delivery ever of a 911 TTS Cab. It is -30C (-22F) at the Springbank Airport right now, where my car will be taken this afternoon. But on the upside it is sunny, not a cloud in the sky. That is cold, even for Calgary this time of year. Plus I get to use lots of Natural Gas to heat the hanger back up after I open the 50' x 15' door and let all that cold air in. O-well it still will be a fun day. There will be pictures, if my camera continues to work in those temperatures.
It got down to 66 last night in Fort Lauderdale...
Old 12-10-2016, 07:12 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some more photos today of the interior and the radar/laser install. They did a great job on the radar/laser system. You can see one of the two laser jammers tucked up in the front grill area. The control panel looks like it was a factory installed option, down to the fully custom mount in ashtray area. The display is fully hidden below the mirror's surface, when the system is off you see nothing but a regular mirror. The audio from the radar/laser system is piped into the cars sound system, so clear and loud as you want.

I am very pleased with the Burmester sound system, at least in a low noise environment, as my hanger is, when I turn all the ceiling fans off. I do audiophile stuff as a hobby. I build my own speakers and tube amps etc, have done that for decades. The sound system in my Calgary Hanger is based upon a vintage full commercial theater setup using Altec A-7 Voice of the Theater speakers (with511B Horns) and a 100% tube amp. I have a series of audio reference CDs and some good quality sound analysis equipment. So far I have just used some music CD's that I like in the car, and my ears, but I think I will do some more 'engineer' level testing. Not that it will really prove much, but it is something fun to do while I am waiting for the snow/cold to go away.
Attached Images        

Last edited by sctanton52; 12-10-2016 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spellinng.
The following users liked this post:
G Young (02-03-2020)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:26 PM
bizwiz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks great

It's terrific. I also have a night blue cab with the mahogany trim coming. I went with the 4s rather than the turbo because I wanted the MT. I hope I can find someone near Cincinnati to do as close to as nice laser hammer/ radar setup
Old 12-10-2016, 07:27 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking great!!! Pick mine up on Monday around 2. Will have a few photos but heading straight over for tint, PPF, radar and a few other goodies. Total finish photos won't be till Jan. It's been a long journey that is almost over.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:38 AM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Some more photos today of the interior and the radar/laser install. They did a great job on the radar/laser system. You can see one of the two laser jammers tucked up in the front grill area. The control panel looks like it was a factory installed option, down to the fully custom mount in ashtray area. The display is fully hidden below the mirror's surface, when the system is off you see nothing but a regular mirror. The audio from the radar/laser system is piped into the cars sound system, so clear and loud as you want.

I am very pleased with the Burmester sound system, at least in a low noise environment, as my hanger is, when I turn all the ceiling fans off. I do audiophile stuff as a hobby. I build my own speakers and tube amps etc, have done that for decades. The sound system in my Calgary Hanger is based upon a vintage full commercial theater setup using Altec A-7 Voice of the Theater speakers (with511B Horns) and a 100% tube amp. I have a series of audio reference CDs and some good quality sound analysis equipment. So far I have just used some music CD's that I like in the car, and my ears, but I think I will do some more 'engineer' level testing. Not that it will really prove much, but it is something fun to do while I am waiting for the snow/cold to go away.
Congrats on the car!

That wood is the perfect offset/contract to that interior -- looks really sharp! Nice radar integration too... Will definitely have to look into that.

Regarding being an audiophile... I only touch that world lightly (it goes very, very deep!) but the new Less Loss Laminar Streamer looks very intriguing.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:48 AM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 76 Posts

sctanton52 -- very pleased to see your build arrive, and to see REAL pics of it. Truly elegant looking. It confirms (for me) my choice of night blue metallic as well, awaiting likely spring delivery.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:55 AM
planet
Instructor

Love Night Blue over Graphite/Chalk.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gyangage
Wow, that red top on the Targa looks sharp! Especially with the red calipers and tail lights... Not a combo that I would have naturally thought of but, once you see it, it looks good!
I agree: OP stick w/ it, it rocks. I want a Targa someday and I have thought of the red roof.

Last edited by 917k; 12-11-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by planet
Welcome, dasto! A relatively rare Miami Blue... awesome. I don't think I've seen a single one on the streets.
I have seen Miami Blue on the street: GT3 RS at Zuffenhausen! I like it, but will note there's a hint of green that does not show on the site configurator.
Lava seems rare too, ~ 100 911s at the Porsche Corral at COTA (admittedly not all 991) & mine was only Lava attendees had seen on a Carrera (GT3 RS, of course, had been seen in Lava).
Old 12-11-2016, 01:59 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gyangage
Regarding being an audiophile... I only touch that world lightly (it goes very, very deep!) but the new Less Loss Laminar Streamer looks very intriguing.
I just dabble also, mostly at the DIY level. Its as much for the design/build fun as it it is for the actual sound. Yes you can go crazy expensive on the high end stuff. You can pay more money on a set of speakers than what it costs to buy a 918 or a La Ferrari. I'll take the cars any day.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:10 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bizwiz
It's terrific. I also have a night blue cab with the mahogany trim coming. I went with the 4s rather than the turbo because I wanted the MT. I hope I can find someone near Cincinnati to do as close to as nice laser hammer/ radar setup
If you have trouble finding a high-end radar/laser jammer installer, just PM me and I can put in contact with the shop that did mine. Maybe they can supply you with parts and ideas to help out? The shop was a third party company that does various car electronics. My car was in their shop for two full days.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:37 AM
planet
Instructor

For those of you with vehicles on the Adriatic Highway, the ship has arrived and left Davisville, and is now en route to Houston, ETA 18 December.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:35 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

sctanton - how does it work with the laser jammers positioned where they are. I thought that the slats close when you get up to speed, rendering the jammers useless (or do the slats open when you get up to speed - cannot remember)
Old 12-13-2016, 09:20 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
sctanton - how does it work with the laser jammers positioned where they are. I thought that the slats close when you get up to speed, rendering the jammers useless (or do the slats open when you get up to speed - cannot remember)
Slats open/close only on the Carrera models not on TT or TTS models.

Question for sctanton52;
Are they legal in Alberta? Some provinces they are legal, some not like here in Ontario.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!