Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:34 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the waiting room from another multi-Bimmer owner, Greg. You'll be picking up your car just as spring arrives. Perfect!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:41 PM
SoCal911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc7391
Yea, but thats what my dealer last showed me. Who knows, either way its waaaay too slow.
Agreed!!!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:48 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by gregv8
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, frequent question-asker and honored to be able to finally sign my name into this thread.
Today my dealer has submitted my order for a 2017 C2.
I'm a long time, faithful BMW driver, and was ready to spring for an M4....but they're kind of stuck before a facelift, production delays, and just a general lack of inventory and incentives.
Plus, all my car friends convinced me 911 is the real deal. Having driven the whole palette of 911's since then (all the way from C2 to Turbo S), I pretty much saw the light!
This has been a 6 month decision making process for me. Yes, I am paying a premium over BMW, but I am obsessed with cars and driving and ultimately I don't mind paying more for "transportation" than others.
Delivery ETA in March in PEC.....

Here is my build code:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHA78UZ2
Congratulations, looks like a great car you have coming!

If you're all about the chassis and handling by all means skip it, but since you're going PDK I'd give one extra thought to sport chrono to open up the additional driving modes (sport plus). You might drive one at the dealership just to see. Plus it gets you back into the toy store
Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,466 Likes on 2,814 Posts

I am almost surprised to be here. I am trading in my GT4 for a Carrera 4S!

Long story short - love the GT4, but I love driving with my family more. Just that simple. Plus I have that nagging 911 itch that I can't shake.

So far:

911 C4S
EXT:
Color - JBM

Wheels - Standard; painted JBM
Tinted rear taillights
Black tailpipes
Sportdesign front fascia
LED PDLS in black
Black washer covers

Premium plus with 18 ways

Performance:
PDK
Sports Chrono
SPASM

Interior:
Interior trim painted JBM
Leather interior (black)
Bordeaux sports chrono dial
Bordeaux seat belts
Black instrument gauges
Crest on headrest
Gear selector in aluminum

So - I didn't get PSE, b/c coming from a GT4, no variant of the 991.2 sounds nearly as good. Plus I don't like the way it looks.

I didn't spec rear wheel steering -- will I regret this?

I'm getting SPASM with sport design front clip. I'm thinking this has a better approach angle than a GT4, so I've skipped the FAL -- ok?

I passed on the the ducktail because I thought it was way too subtle.

I opted for base stereo b/c all these stereos sound bad anyway.

I'd love any feedback. Very excited!
Old 12-20-2016, 12:18 AM
air-cooledjbj
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal911
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'm not the only one closely monitoring the Adriatic Highway.

Didn't realize the ship would need to head back out to sea from Houston, around the Panama Canal and then into Long Beach. I assumed these ships were more point-to-point, as opposed to multiple destinations.

Bummer.
My car is also on the Adriatic Highway and my SA texted me a pic of his computer screen showing that it should hit the San Diego port on 12/23 (the expected date). The planned date was 1/20/17. We'll see.......
Old 12-20-2016, 01:44 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
I am almost surprised to be here. I am trading in my GT4 for a Carrera 4S!

Long story short - love the GT4, but I love driving with my family more.

I opted for base stereo b/c all these stereos sound bad anyway.

I'd love any feedback. Very excited!
I have to agree on driving with family - that's a big part of what got me into a 911. We have a baby and the rear seats are sized for miniature humans - a perfect match.

The Burmester stereo is supposed to be pretty good but it's not cheap and you may not care enough to pay for it.

I had a C2S on order with about $30k in options. Realized I was almost there and most of my options came standard in a TT so I changed my order to a TT. I then added a bunch of new options so my final build cost rose quite a bit from where it started, but I'm very happy with the decision. If I had originally ordered a C4S it would have happened sooner!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:48 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by air-cooledjbj
My car is also on the Adriatic Highway and my SA texted me a pic of his computer screen showing that it should hit the San Diego port on 12/23 (the expected date). The planned date was 1/20/17. We'll see.......
Merry Christmas! 🙂
Old 12-20-2016, 07:28 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gregv8
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, frequent question-asker and honored to be able to finally sign my name into this thread.
Today my dealer has submitted my order for a 2017 C2.
I'm a long time, faithful BMW driver, and was ready to spring for an M4....but they're kind of stuck before a facelift, production delays, and just a general lack of inventory and incentives.
Plus, all my car friends convinced me 911 is the real deal. Having driven the whole palette of 911's since then (all the way from C2 to Turbo S), I pretty much saw the light!
This has been a 6 month decision making process for me. Yes, I am paying a premium over BMW, but I am obsessed with cars and driving and ultimately I don't mind paying more for "transportation" than others.
Delivery ETA in March in PEC.....

Here is my build code:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHA78UZ2

Attachment 1118545
Drop the Power Steering Plus, simply not required.
You will love the Gt Steering heated Multifunction Wheel!
-Richard
Old 12-20-2016, 01:03 PM
trovan
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nal13
Congrats. Looks like were in a similar situation. Trading my white 991.1 coupe for a convertible after 19 months (well 22 by the time the car gets here). Initial impressions? Likes? Dislikes?
my old and new were very different and hard to compare:

I traded in 2015 Carrera S coupe PDK, PSE, chrono with PASM and lowered suspension,

and the new one is a base carrera cab, 7MT, PSE, chrono.

I have tried to not make too many conclusions given the short time, but honestly I would prob trade the new one back for the old one if I can. Old car had a solid engine and the whole car was just solid. New one has all kinds of crazy noise and whistle, at time the car just seems to be in many pieces and doing their own thing. I guess that is the best I can describe. And there is no question the new PSE is horrible. Not saying it's horrible, but horrible compared to 991.1.

Just for reference, this is my 5th carrera since 2004.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:47 PM
SoCal911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by air-cooledjbj
The ship tracking sites all show it due into Veracruz, Mexico on the 22nd. 23rd isn't going to happen, unfortunately. :-/

Guessing they're topping off with Volkswagens before heading around the coast. Either that or it's shipping direct from Houston via truck, but those ships hold 3-5K cars each. That probably isn't logistically feasible.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:52 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea just saw that. So annoying. but it is what it is.
The ship tracking sites all show it due into Veracruz, Mexico on the 22nd. 23rd isn't going to happen, unfortunately. :-/

Guessing they're topping off with Volkswagens before heading around the coast. Either that or it's shipping direct from Houston via truck, but those ships hold 3-5K cars each. That probably isn't logistically feasible.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 PM
air-cooledjbj
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yay......thanks. All good though. Still have a month left on my current lease and I'll enjoy the last days of the NA engine and PSE on my '14 C4S.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:15 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trovan
my old and new were very different and hard to compare:

I traded in 2015 Carrera S coupe PDK, PSE, chrono with PASM and lowered suspension,

and the new one is a base carrera cab, 7MT, PSE, chrono.

I have tried to not make too many conclusions given the short time, but honestly I would prob trade the new one back for the old one if I can. Old car had a solid engine and the whole car was just solid. New one has all kinds of crazy noise and whistle, at time the car just seems to be in many pieces and doing their own thing. I guess that is the best I can describe. And there is no question the new PSE is horrible. Not saying it's horrible, but horrible compared to 991.1.

Just for reference, this is my 5th carrera since 2004.
Interesting story. Do you think the crazy noise issue might be Cab related, they can have some different sounds at times? I have not driven the 991.2s a lot. Even thought I have a brand new TTS Cab, due to the weather it has not seen the road yet. One thing I have noted is even our 981 Box-S has a better sound on start-up. When I start the 991.2 TTS, it sounds, well for lack of a better word 'normal'. Even the Box-S has a hint of a low grumble. The 981 is the wife's car, we have an attached garage at home, when she starts it to go, just a plain start, no revs, it always has a nice hint of a rumble. In the few starts I have done on the new TTS no rumble has been noted. I am sure the 991.2 will be a beast on the road, but I think it will be fitted with an aftermarket exhaust very soon.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:07 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess they unloaded the cars in Huston and mine anyways is on a truck to my dealer. 2-3 days at most.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:56 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My SA has no information on why the ship isn't making it on time. He was surprised to learn that it wasn't even through the Panama Canal yet. He said you can tell when cars will be trucked, and mine will not be; it will be directly unloaded from the ship at the port of San Diego.

Ah, well.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!