Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:40 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Ace--My C2S build wouldn't have been until September. Which meant getting it about the time I'm putting it away for the winter. Apparently the C4S build in July, delivery in August, came available a few days ago. Since I don't plan to track this car (not that C4s aren't great track cars, I just prefer C2s for that), I thought I would go for it. My wife immediately preferred the awd idea. On top of that I view the C4S as a junior capital T Turbo. So I pulled the trigger.
Who's your SA at Strong's? I'm working with Val. I've known him for many years from when we both worked at Garff's. He sold Volvos and I was selling M-Bs. I know most the guys at Strong's, it's a good crew,
Old 05-29-2016, 12:53 PM
ghuber33
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it was on the Fremantle Highway. My SA tells me that once it hits port that it is impossible to track and that they give it +or-10 days to the dealership. I'm hoping maybe this week. This is the first time I did a build, super cool experience but painfully slow. I feel your pain and hope you get the new ride sooner than later. I've spent too much time on maritime websiites!
Old 05-30-2016, 12:05 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
Ace--My C2S build wouldn't have been until September. Which meant getting it about the time I'm putting it away for the winter. Apparently the C4S build in July, delivery in August, came available a few days ago. Since I don't plan to track this car (not that C4s aren't great track cars, I just prefer C2s for that), I thought I would go for it. My wife immediately preferred the awd idea. On top of that I view the C4S as a junior capital T Turbo. So I pulled the trigger.
Who's your SA at Strong's? I'm working with Val. I've known him for many years from when we both worked at Garff's. He sold Volvos and I was selling M-Bs. I know most the guys at Strong's, it's a good crew,
Makes good sense. I plan to pick up a race car in the next year or so; if I had it already a C4S would have been very intriguing. Should be a great car!

Working with Larry Orton. This will be my second Porsche but my first new one - so far they've been great to work with and all signs point to more of the same.

Didn't realize you're in Mountain Green - if you make it out to the PCA DE Saturday I'll see you there!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:35 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Ace,
I'm considering a dedicated track car going forward. I should be there Saturday, I delayed entry until tomorrow because of a possible conflict. I'll look for your black Carrera if I'm there.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Leecw
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 50 Posts

Now able to track my car - it's on the Selene Leader, due in San Diego on 6/24/16, will be watching for it to arrive at Panama Canal on 6/13. Clock is ticking way too slow
Old 06-01-2016, 01:16 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Funny surprise for me. My car was on the Green Cove, so I tracked it from Emden through the Panama Canal to San Diego. Car is in the garage now, but I am still getting email updates about the Green Cove. Surprised to see it now in the Port Arthur/Port Neches area of southeast Texas which is where I grew up! That area is full of oil refineries. Not sure what a vehicle carrier is doing there-perhaps getting a shipment of rubber to take back to Europe? Doubt it could carry any oil.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:19 PM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 991.2 CARRERA 4S FINALLY ARRIVED

Well then,

Placed order Feb 20th, arrived May 20th, dealer prep completed May 25th
Including swapping out the rims, sensors, and placing the esc spacers.

Pros,

Car is just mental, every aspect, NO TURBO LAG, nil, the ride quality is better than previous gen, as well the manual shift (not slagging .1 love the car since 2012). The sound is GREAT !!! (not as great at GTS or GT3) but it's brilliant, knowing myself will get something more free flowing and louder

Cons,

1. ordered the sunroof, but the diffuser doesn't go back, that is bloody cheesy, my 98 rust jetta does it.
2. Should have gotten 14 way seats, perhaps air cooled, am I going to cry naw .... just a little maybe ? (chalk that to being cheap)
3. When closing the door feels like glass is going to break it rides against the body tight.

Thank you to all for the very informative facts on the car, after a year of reviewing, reading the articles, test driving the .1 and .2 over and over, for me it was an easy decision.

Mods
1. Wheels done
2. Spacers done
3. Got it wrapped yesterday
4. Hmm what mod could I possibly be thinking of next hmmm

Got a great deal on the car, with quite a healthy option list, also got car cover, and some gear shirt jacket all thrown it. 4 days of ownership 550km complete

Old 06-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie9999
3. When closing the door feels like glass is going to break it rides against the body tight.
The window should lower when the door is open, and only after closing will it rise up to "seal". Sounds like yours is malfunctioning? Point it out to the dealer, it shouldn't feel like it's "going to break".
Old 06-04-2016, 12:59 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Have a Turbo on order for September build. Wondering if the Light Design Package is worth adding for $510. I think everything else is good. Here's the current build:

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PHJDD5K6
Old 06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
ghuber33
5th Gear

Thats a great looking car, IMHO I think the black headlights would look awesome on the white car to make it even congrats more.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Tenere12
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My C4S left the Port of San Diego yesterday and is expected to reach my dealership on Friday. This is exactly 4 months from the date I ordered it. I am really looking forward to picking it up! - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMCSSX5
Old 06-08-2016, 04:31 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally, I can almost taste it. Got a call from the SA today. Vehicle locked!!! Now the second round of waiting is here and before you know it will be here. I hope they are ahead of schedule with build times. leaving for Europe 7/8. I just might have to wait till i get back, fingers & toes crossed
Old 06-10-2016, 11:08 PM
ghuber33
5th Gear

Well after almost 3 months the big day is almost here! Pick up the new ride tomorrow at Porsche Center Oakville. Awesome process doing my first build! She will be fully tinted, Xpel front end, powder coated exhaust tips in black and then full Ceramic Pro on Monday. The weather looks good for the weekend, time to soak it all in! Even getting a fresh hair cut!
Old 06-12-2016, 04:12 PM
aabueg2005
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I just did a deposit on this build yesteday. My SA says 4 months average to get it delivered. It's a C4, and curiously, there are no open allocations at the moment in the US for it. When does the Porsche plant go on shut-down for a holiday this year? Hopefully my order does not get delayed due to that. Here is the build. Very basic C4 as a DD. http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6N3QE1
Old 06-12-2016, 04:50 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! Do we know why there are no allocations? You don't see many C4 around... Most are C4S

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!