Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 02:24 PM
mfm3
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts

deleted

Last edited by mfm3; 06-26-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Another CarMax - 2013 991 S - $74K with 9K miles. https://www.carmax.com/cars/porsche/...de=em_ss1match Not sure why VIN won't run for the options and it says something about duplicate title - so maybe worth a call to the store if interested. Someone could call the store to get the actual VIN (I'm sure it is a typo) if they are interested. The way Carmax prices this stuff, who knows, could be a steal Low miles. Says it's a manual but I'd like to see the VIN decoded.
Pictures are up on this - it's white, manual, no PSE, no SC but has some CF trim. Strange.

The GTS has gone - anyone here??
Old 06-25-2016, 10:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Pictures are up on this - it's white, manual, no PSE, no SC but has some CF trim. Strange.

The GTS has gone - anyone here??

Looks low MSRP. Like $105K

Seems like CarMax is really appealing when they get those high MSRP cars that they have no clue on what they have or don't care because they didn't pay a lot for them anyway.

As seen on here, CarMax should be on the radar for those rare deals. We've now seen three lately this year. The black C2S Aerokit Cup, the Cayenne Turbo, and the recent GTS.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know this person but here is a 2013 4S Cab with 21k miles, $138k MSRP and selling for $82k (probably can get $78k). Seller claims clean car fax and CPO until 8/19.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...654598316.html
Old 06-26-2016, 05:29 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I finally caved and got this:

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AB2A95ES120248

It was on the lot for a long time and it still bothers me. It is CPO. Should I just go get a PPI?
Old 06-26-2016, 09:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
I finally caved and got this:

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AB2A95ES120248

It was on the lot for a long time and it still bothers me. It is CPO. Should I just go get a PPI?
Did you take delivery yet?
Old 06-26-2016, 09:55 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG
Did you take delivery yet?
Yes i did
Old 06-26-2016, 10:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Yes i did
Congrats. Everything look good?? If so, enjoy the car. No need to stress! First impressions??
Old 06-26-2016, 10:50 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG
Congrats. Everything look good?? If so, enjoy the car. No need to stress! First impressions??
Thanks! This thread help me narrow down my search to what I wanted and a decent price point. I don't think I got a super deal, but i think decent enough within the price point of 40k off sticker.

Came from a BMW 535 and have always wanted to get into the 911/997 back in the days but the 991 release made me waited. First P car ever and don't know what to expect. The engine sounds like my lawn mower and hearing sounds from YouTube, they sounded the same, so I guess nothing to worry? At cold start, it revs up to 1.1k rpm for about a minute and drops down to normal 800k rpm, still not sure if this is normal. It is definitely a noisy car on not so nice freeways. I don't get the boost the 535i does gunning it at 50mph. The 535i tends to boost it up to 100mph really quick (i had a stg1 cobb), but the 911 takes its own sweet time, but i think i need to familiarize myself with how the sport/sport plus mode works to get the best out of it. Overall, i didn't feel any wow factor yet but this is one of my dream cars and I am finally in one which I am really happy about but then, i have this awkward weird feeling driving a 911 around as a daily driver.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:12 PM
STG
Race Director

The cold start you describe is normal.

Comparing it to your BMW? No comment. Never been a BMW guy.

The Flat 6 has a great and unique sounding engine. Music to my ears, so not sure about the lawn mower reference.

With PDK and Sport Chrono, you should be able to have a lot of fun. The NA Flat 6 won't behave like a turbo, but a lot of fun when screaming out through the gears. Cobb does also offer a ECU package too. See the main boards with lots of info.

I think you may need to spend some time to figure the car out. The case with some. For me? Felt like a glove and love at first sight. A long time in the waiting and no regrets. Just need to find more time to drive it!
Old 06-26-2016, 11:30 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG
The cold start you describe is normal.

Comparing it to your BMW? No comment. Never been a BMW guy.

The Flat 6 has a great and unique sounding engine. Music to my ears, so not sure about the lawn mower reference.

With PDK and Sport Chrono, you should be able to have a lot of fun. The NA Flat 6 won't behave like a turbo, but a lot of fun when screaming out through the gears. Cobb does also offer a ECU package too. See the main boards with lots of info.

I think you may need to spend some time to figure the car out. The case with some. For me? Felt like a glove and love at first sight. A long time in the waiting and no regrets. Just need to find more time to drive it!
True While test driving some, I have already felt the different mechanics of it, but what I regret is not test driving the Macan's and Cayenne now. Was going to get the Turbo 991, but i think i have had enough turbo for now, worrying about HPFP goes out and stranded is not fun, back to NA it is.. Will give it some time with the 911 and hopefully will get used to them in no time!

As far as the engine sound, i am guessing the 991 don't have anything to absorb the engine sound, thus it sounds louder than other cars when idling.
I think it may need an alignment. How frequent these car needs alignment assuming normal driving?
Old 06-26-2016, 11:35 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Wow, it sounds like you either got a colossal lemon or just aren't the right buyer for a 991.1... To paraphrase, your car sounds like a lawn mower, noisy and unpleasant on the highway, out-performed by a BMW sedan, and handles poorly enough that you think it needs an alignment. Is that right?

Too bad it wasn't a carmax car, you could just bring it back.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:49 PM
STG
Race Director

True While test driving some, I have already felt the different mechanics of it, but what I regret is not test driving the Macan's and Cayenne now. Was going to get the Turbo 991, but i think i have had enough turbo for now, worrying about HPFP goes out and stranded is not fun, back to NA it is.. Will give it some time with the 911 and hopefully will get used to them in no time!

As far as the engine sound, i am guessing the 991 don't have anything to absorb the engine sound, thus it sounds louder than other cars when idling.
I think it may need an alignment. How frequent these car needs alignment assuming normal driving?
Yeah. Ummmmmm .... Ok now ...

Alignment? Have never heard of anyone needing one. If concerned, get it checked out.

The Cayenne or Macan vs. a 911? Apples to cheeseburgers. Other than the name Porsche, that's where the comparisons end.

The engine sound .... Yes louder. Not insulated in the front like a sedan. That's the appeal of a 911.

Not knowing you or your situation, can't really comment further. I've learned we have a wide variety of guys here. Sometimes I wrongly assume more people share my outlook on things. Sometimes I'm very surprised.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2016, 12:33 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,808 Likes on 1,485 Posts

Take it out in the track. That'll show you why a 911 and not a 5-series. Or a quick cross country trip. Even a M5 is slower then. Been there, seen that.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:51 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

LOL, not here to battle the BMW vs 911 , but the 535i will beat the Base 3.5 easily with a stg1/2 tune, ends here, not here to debate, just wanted to know more about the 911 rather.

Macan and Cayenne is to compare the ride comfort vs a sports car

Lawn mower remarks, it's like the engine is sitting naked without any sound insulation. I never had a porche especially the 911, the only porche i had the opportunity to spend most time is a Panamera own by a relative . Anyone got a video or sound clip of their engines?

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991