Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CSanto23

Also is there any chance of Carrera 4 (I love the wide body) to be at or under 70K?
Yup. Certified too

http://www.magcars.com/certified/Por...4b84ccc236.htm

Though you can get one with a lot less miles in the low 70's
Old 04-01-2016, 11:18 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 210 Posts

Well after months of searching, I think I stumbled into the hot deal of the year....from Carmax! They listed a 2014 S yesterday without any pictures, but this thread was my leg up on the non-local competition knowing how to look up the build sheet with the VIN. I called the Cincy location and the sales guy snapped me some pictures and a walk-around video, bought it 15 minutes after it was listed. PowerKit!!! PDCC, PCCB, Aerokit, this one had it all except full leather and Burmester, but I can live without those. 1-owner car with clean title, no accident history, 9500 miles on it, 5-year MaxCare extended warranty (exclusionary) is only $2300. Now I just have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to get here!

Name:  oCjhNL3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  148.9 KB

Name:  2buJRrT.jpg
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  ShkTm6g.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  186.1 KB

Name:  84b0hLD.jpg
Size:  233.5 KB

Name:  zVOZK9D.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  223.3 KB

Name:  HXMtluA.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  188.7 KB

Name:  TixhHeD.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  164.9 KB

Name:  1paf5Z7.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  262.9 KB
Old 04-01-2016, 11:28 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Well after months of searching, I think I stumbled into the hot deal of the year....from Carmax! They listed a 2014 S yesterday without any pictures, but this thread was my leg up on the non-local competition knowing how to look up the build sheet with the VIN. I called the Cincy location and the sales guy snapped me some pictures and a walk-around video, bought it 15 minutes after it was listed. PowerKit!!! PDCC, PCCB, Aerokit, this one had it all except full leather and Burmester, but I can live without those. 1-owner car with clean title, no accident history, 9500 miles

HOLY SHI*! With that build too. Unbelievable

$70K off sticker with only 10K miles.

Who on earth traded this car in?? What on earth did they get for it??

Manual, no sunroof, Powerkit, and ALL the rest.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
HOLY ****! With that build too.

$70K off sticker with only 10K miles.

Manual, no sunroof, Powerkit, and ALL the rest.
Jeez..deal of the year

Every so often carmax misprices , just have to be watching for it.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:32 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Well after months of searching, I think I stumbled into the hot deal of the year....from Carmax! They listed a 2014 S yesterday without any pictures, but this thread was my leg up on the non-local competition knowing how to look up the build sheet with the VIN. I called the Cincy location and the sales guy snapped me some pictures and a walk-around video, bought it 15 minutes after it was listed. PowerKit!!! PDCC, PCCB, Aerokit, this one had it all except full leather and Burmester, but I can live without those. 1-owner car with clean title, no accident history, 9500 miles on it, 5-year MaxCare extended warranty (exclusionary) is only $2300. Now I just have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to get here!
Wow, great deal! I have actually heard good things about their extended warranty.

One caution with CarMax - They are still a used-car dealer; you need to do your own PPI. I know of at least one instance where CarMax outright lied about the condition of a car, and continued to deny its condition after being confronted with proof.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:35 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
Wow, great deal! I have actually heard good things about their extended warranty.

One caution with CarMax - They are still a used-car dealer; you need to do your own PPI. I know of at least one instance where CarMax outright lied about the condition of a car, and continued to deny its condition after being confronted with proof.
They offer a 5-day money back guarantee so I'm going to do a PPI to make sure there's nothing crazy in there. I think they mispriced it by about $20k. Previous owner paid cash for the car, so he probably spent $80k to drive it for 9k miles. Ive always heard nothing but good things about the warranty and it can be used at the P dealer.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:49 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

They offer a 5-day money back guarantee so I'm going to do a PPI to make sure there's nothing crazy in there. I think they mispriced it by about $20k. Previous owner paid cash for the car, so he probably spent $80k to drive it for 9k miles. Ive always heard nothing but good things about the warranty and it can be used at the P dealer.
Yup, the 5-day guarantee is perfect for a PPI.

CarMax seems to have a lot of pricing inefficiencies, which is great for savvy shoppers
Old 04-01-2016, 11:50 AM
STG
Race Director

Just do your inspection as anyone should. Should be fine. So where did you see this first pop up?

Just an incredible build. Basalt Black is a great color. First Basalt Black Aerokit Cup I've ever seen. Truly one of a kind.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:00 PM
STG
Race Director

dgoldenz, this isn't an April Fools joke is it?? On us or you??
Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Just do your inspection as anyone should. Should be fine. So where did you see this first pop up?

Just an incredible build. Basalt Black is a great color. First Basalt Black Aerokit Cup I've ever seen. Truly one of a kind.
I have been hunting cars.com and Autotrader for months to find the perfect build and price, checking in on Carmax inventory once every few weeks to see if they had anything good since I know their pricing can be great on some of these high-option cars when they pop up. Randomly decided to check the site yesterday, did a search for all 911/Cayman/Boxster sorted by highest price to lowest, this was the first one that popped up. Very lucky timing, I'm sure it would have been sold within a day as soon as the pictures popped up online.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled up the build sheet, expected the standard $115-125k build. I've been trying to find an Aerokit/PSE/SC car with low miles and they are so few and far between. Powerkit/PDCC/PCCB/alcantara SD wheel and all the yellow trim is a sweet bonus.

Jumped on the phone hoping to get a salesperson willing to text me pictures and Dan from the Cincy location was awesome, told me the car was in the showroom and looked amazing, was nice enough to send me the pictures and video 5 minutes later. Whoever spec'd this car and then took a massive bath on it is a fantastic person.

dgoldenz, this isn't an April Fools joke is it?? On us or you??
Haha, 100% legit! You can see the sticker price in the window if you look closely on one of the pics. Well, you could on my phone, maybe not on the comp.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:18 PM
STG
Race Director

Sticker sheet is visible. Truly sweet! Did they have the sticker sheet on display with the car?

Anyway, goes to show, persistence and patience pays off. In addition to being on the hunt daily using all tools.

Your jaw must have dropped when you pulled up the build sheet!
Old 04-01-2016, 12:34 PM
STG
Race Director

2013 4S CAB with a CPO!

Only 7K miles and over $40K off sticker.

CONTACT HIM DIRECT:

Nick Kopp
nkopp@4porsche.com

Mobile (815) 222-0559

Last edited by STG; 04-01-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:40 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been hunting cars.com and Autotrader for months to find the perfect build and price, checking in on Carmax inventory once every few weeks to see if they had anything good since I know their pricing can be great on some of these high-option cars when they pop up. Randomly decided to check the site yesterday, did a search for all 911/Cayman/Boxster sorted by highest price to lowest, this was the first one that popped up. Very lucky timing, I'm sure it would have been sold within a day as soon as the pictures popped up online.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled up the build sheet, expected the standard $115-125k build. I've been trying to find an Aerokit/PSE/SC car with low miles and they are so few and far between. Powerkit/PDCC/PCCB/alcantara SD wheel and all the yellow trim is a sweet bonus.

Jumped on the phone hoping to get a salesperson willing to text me pictures and Dan from the Cincy location was awesome, told me the car was in the showroom and looked amazing, was nice enough to send me the pictures and video 5 minutes later. Whoever spec'd this car and then took a massive bath on it is a fantastic person.

Haha, 100% legit! You can see the sticker price in the window if you look closely on one of the pics. Well, you could on my phone, maybe not on the comp.
Wow - congrats - that's an amazing price for such a build !!
Like STG991 said, I do not envy the previous owner to take such a hit...
Old 04-01-2016, 12:55 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Sticker sheet is visible. Truly sweet! Did they have the sticker sheet on display with the car?

Anyway, goes to show, persistence and patience pays off. In addition to being on the hunt daily using all tools.

Your jaw must have dropped when you pulled up the build sheet!
They usually put the original window sticker in the windshield or the trunk of the car, but I didn't see it in person so I'm not sure. I doubt your average carmax buyer is there to spend $76k, so someone would've had to find it online most likely. When I saw the build sheet I said no way...eyes widened, jaw dropped, fumbled for my phone, made sure to get the transfer fee paid immediately so it would get locked from their system.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Well dgoldenz, keep us posted on the progress. Don't spoil the guys here thinking this is a normal deal. I will have a hard time living up to it with my listings. Truly, a needle in a haystack find. Best I've seen to date, and I've seen 1,000's of cars listed.

Nice to see those guys out there hunting for the nice finds! Great work.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991