Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

I had a great idea for all of you guys getting calls from stealers offering you a GT3 at whatever over MSRP and troll these vampires. For example, if they call and say that they have an allocation for you at $50k OVER so no thank you but I would be interested at $30k OVER. So then they'll troll some of the other victims on their list to see if any other suckers bite at $50k OVER. Eventually they will run out of suckers and call you back saying that they can get you a car at $30k OVER and that's when you say...nope, not interested at $30k OVER but I'm interested at $15k OVER...and then rinse and repeat when they call you telling you that they'll see to you at $15k OVER.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Thanks. All I can say is I am not new to the forum :P

Its how I provide insights for you guys anonymously.
Don't think I mentioned but THANKS! Your insight is great to read.

Any insight into Canadian allocations?
Old 04-03-2017, 03:09 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I had a great idea for all of you guys getting calls from stealers offering you a GT3 at whatever over MSRP and troll these vampires. For example, if they call and say that they have an allocation for you at $50k OVER so no thank you but I would be interested at $30k OVER. So then they'll troll some of the other victims on their list to see if any other suckers bite at $50k OVER. Eventually they will run out of suckers and call you back saying that they can get you a car at $30k OVER and that's when you say...nope, not interested at $30k OVER but I'm interested at $15k OVER...and then rinse and repeat when they call you telling you that they'll see to you at $15k OVER.
Please post your experience with this tactic for our enjoyment.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:13 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto

We will get word within the month..
Old 04-03-2017, 03:18 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

Hahaha, time will tell the market, we will see, but I have to tell you it might not get there. Dealers are getting offers straight from customers for 30-70k over for the very first manual GT3s, and unfortunately that is probably the market for this year. We will just have to see how many they will make next year to change that. Any number is just speculations right now because even PCNA have no idea how many they will make next year.

Sorry, no accurate insights to Canadian dealers
Old 04-03-2017, 03:21 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
We will get word within the month..
That's what I heard couple weeks back....my brain isn't satisfied with that. This is seriously occupying too much head space. Brain needs relief.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:22 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Sorry, no accurate insights to Canadian dealers
No prob. Feel free to PM me your best guesses. I lived on inaccuracies until Geneva. What's another little while?
Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

That's what I heard couple weeks back....my brain isn't satisfied with that. This is seriously occupying too much head space. Brain needs relief.
LoL!
Old 04-03-2017, 03:40 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Dealers in the US were told to put in order demands (V70) for the GT3 because PCNA can use that information to tell Germany "hey... look at all the demand in the US for GT3's... please send more allocations our way." Despite the obvious fact there's huge demand for the car, many dealers don't bother to put V70 orders in PVMS simply because it takes time away from other things to do.

If you received a commission number in V70 status, it does absolutely NOTHING for you and does not get you any closer to receiving an allocation. It also does NOTHING for the individual dealer who puts in V70 orders, despite what the regional reps tell the dealers. All it does is enable PCNA to show Zuffenhausen all the pent up demand in the US. Right now, Canada is showing more V70 orders than the US, so the regional reps in the US recently pushed their dealers to input their customers into PVMS simply to show what everyone already knows - yes, there is HUGE demand in the US.... send allocations our way....

To be perfectly honest, the United States is not the preferred country for Zuffenhausen to allocate their products, from the GT models downward. PCNA begs for these allocations just like you beg your dealers for them. Because the selling price of Porsches are LESS in the United States versus other countries (due to a more competitive market), Zuffenhausen would rather sell their products in countries like China or Singapore or the ME; Zuffenhausen makes LESS per car sold to PCNA than to other countries. Of course, the flip side to this is that the US is the biggest market. First and foremost, Porsche is a business and they will direct their product to marketplaces where they can maximize profit. And yes, I understand Porsche makes $17K (or whatever it is) per car sold in the US, but Porsche actually makes MORE in other countries.

Think of it like this... if Zuffenhausen had 1 extra GT3 to allocate anywhere in the world, where would they allocate it? They would attempt to sell it to the country that pays the highest price for it. The base "invoice price" that PCNA pays the factory is far less than the base "invoice price" paid by the distributers in other countries. Plus, the amount of litigation exposure in the US is infinitely more than in other countries. All prices being the same, there is a lot of brain damage doing business in the US.

To bring this full circle, when you have a commission number in V70 status, it only means your dealer is cooperating with PCNA's wishes that all dealers input their demand in PVMS. This aggregate demand is used to show Germany that they should direct more GT allocations to the US, rather than, say, Canada or Singapore or wherever. If you have a commission number in V200 status, you've got a real allocation.

It's all about the benjamins....
Old 04-03-2017, 03:55 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Dealers in the US were told to put in order demands (V70) for the GT3 because PCNA can use that information to tell Germany "hey... look at all the demand in the US for GT3's... please send more allocations our way." Despite the obvious fact there's huge demand for the car, many dealers don't bother to put V70 orders in PVMS simply because it takes time away from other things to do.

If you received a commission number in V70 status, it does absolutely NOTHING for you and does not get you any closer to receiving an allocation. It also does NOTHING for the individual dealer who puts in V70 orders, despite what the regional reps tell the dealers. All it does is enable PCNA to show Zuffenhausen all the pent up demand in the US. Right now, Canada is showing more V70 orders than the US, so the regional reps in the US recently pushed their dealers to input their customers into PVMS simply to show what everyone already knows - yes, there is HUGE demand in the US.... send allocations our way....

To be perfectly honest, the United States is not the preferred country for Zuffenhausen to allocate their products, from the GT models downward. PCNA begs for these allocations just like you beg your dealers for them. Because the selling price of Porsches are LESS in the United States versus other countries (due to a more competitive market), Zuffenhausen would rather sell their products in countries like China or Singapore or the ME; Zuffenhausen makes LESS per car sold to PCNA than to other countries. Of course, the flip side to this is that the US is the biggest market. First and foremost, Porsche is a business and they will direct their product to marketplaces where they can maximize profit. And yes, I understand Porsche makes $17K (or whatever it is) per car sold in the US, but Porsche actually makes MORE in other countries.

Think of it like this... if Zuffenhausen had 1 extra GT3 to allocate anywhere in the world, where would they allocate it? They would attempt to sell it to the country that pays the highest price for it. The base "invoice price" that PCNA pays the factory is far less than the base "invoice price" paid by the distributers in other countries. Plus, the amount of litigation exposure in the US is infinitely more than in other countries. All prices being the same, there is a lot of brain damage doing business in the US.

To bring this full circle, when you have a commission number in V70 status, it only means your dealer is cooperating with PCNA's wishes that all dealers input their demand in PVMS. This aggregate demand is used to show Germany that they should direct more GT allocations to the US, rather than, say, Canada or Singapore or wherever. If you have a commission number in V200 status, you've got a real allocation.

It's all about the benjamins....

Basically exactly what he said.

I'd like to add that as I mentioned, V70 order demands is actually a good platform for the other models (like cabriolet, AWD, cayenne e-hybrid) etc to fulfill customer needs. Since it goes across all models, it can be done for GT3, 911R, and RS as well but as mentioned above, it really doesn't do much. However, sometimes it tells you your dealer is taking you a bit more seriously since they actually spent the time to put in the V70, and trust me, they did not put 45 V70s in there.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Porsche Allocation Fatigue.

I'm telling you... it's a real thing!!

At least we've got free health care...
Old 04-03-2017, 04:22 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

[QUOTE=chaosoul;14083315]Hahaha, time will tell the market, we will see, but I have to tell you it might not get there. Dealers are getting offers straight from customers for 30-70k over for the very first manual GT3s, and unfortunately that is probably the market for this year. We will just have to see how many they will make next year to change that. Any number is just speculations right now because even PCNA have no idea how many they will make next year.

QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but here is the dilemma for someone like me, and many others.

Take away the following people from the purchasing market:
1. 918
2. VVIP
3. People who purchase 1 Porsche (or more or less) per year
4. People who have no issue paying any amount over MSRP

Where does that leave the rest of the people? People who love the brand, who love the GT model, who don't fall into any of the above 4 categories. How are they realistically going to get a GT car for MSRP? Dealers are currently turning people away as the lists are too long. Dealers are raising their market premium as the demand is too high. There are potentially 3 GT variants that may share the production line (GT3, RS, GT2RS) that could result in overall decreased production for each model.

If the answer is "Too bad for you if you don't fall in any of those categories. Either make a change so you do fall into a category, wait and hope that production increases or demand decreases or buy it used in the secondary market" then I am ok with that. What would help is if the dealers just stopped taking deposits because there is this waiting game fueled by false optimism mixed with misinformation combined with huge demand that creates premiums.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:36 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Maybe we should just give that extra $50k of market adjustment money directly to PAG instead and exchange for a VVIP allocation.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:38 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

[quote=mass27]
Hahaha, time will tell the market, we will see, but I have to tell you it might not get there. Dealers are getting offers straight from customers for 30-70k over for the very first manual GT3s, and unfortunately that is probably the market for this year. We will just have to see how many they will make next year to change that. Any number is just speculations right now because even PCNA have no idea how many they will make next year.

QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but here is the dilemma for someone like me, and many others.

Take away the following people from the purchasing market:
1. 918
2. VVIP
3. People who purchase 1 Porsche (or more or less) per year
4. People who have no issue paying any amount over MSRP

Where does that leave the rest of the people? People who love the brand, who love the GT model, who don't fall into any of the above 4 categories. How are they realistically going to get a GT car for MSRP? Dealers are currently turning people away as the lists are too long. Dealers are raising their market premium as the demand is too high. There are potentially 3 GT variants that may share the production line (GT3, RS, GT2RS) that could result in overall decreased production for each model.

If the answer is "Too bad for you if you don't fall in any of those categories. Either make a change so you do fall into a category, wait and hope that production increases or demand decreases or buy it used in the secondary market" then I am ok with that. What would help is if the dealers just stopped taking deposits because there is this waiting game fueled by false optimism mixed with misinformation combined with huge demand that creates premiums.
Agree with you that Porsche is turning away the classic gt buyer at the moment.

That might be one of the reasons we will see gt2rs and 991.2rs sooner than you think. That will direct the interest away from the 991.2gt3 and free up some allocations. If you want a 991.2gt3 I would just sit still in the boat until those models have been released.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:39 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mass,
I agree with you. I'm on the same boat. I'd even add that many dealers don't take deposits which even makes it worse, cause then it's based on your numbers 1-4. One that I thought and still hope I'm number 3 at returned my deposit last year and said you'll still be on the list in the same position. Been bugging the hell out of them, and still no word on allocations.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread